• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Winks

I do agree that it is all about his position of when he receives the ball, he's usually fairly deep and often being pressed or at least has opposition players in his vicinity so I total understand his passing choices. It's just biased slightly too far to being safe, there are to many times he takes the safer option of popping it back to whoever is playing at the back even when that isn't the best option.

If we can get him away from the DM role there is still a player there.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Fapatalk

My opinion as well, he is not a natural defensive minded player and you can tell that watching him. Once we get all our players up to speed i am sure he will revert to the player he was when he first broke into the team and restored to his best position.

A passer in midfield is only as good as his passing options.
If there is nothing on there is nothing he can do except go backwards.
Are there the players running off the ball making options or are they waiting for it to go back to the keeper or centre halfs to contest a long ball.
People are talking about the Barca game etc. In those games the opposition was open. He had space to space into.
But in the premier league against Watford and the like they are playing compact offering us nothing.

There's an argument for playing him in certain games. There's an argument for playing him if we want to play a certain way. He'd thrive in the Emirates Marketing Project midfield with players running off him for example. But it's a waste of time playing him in this team with the style we currently play.
Actually I believe we had people running but they were predominately in the same areas
The issue we had was there was no one in front of them (a big striker sized hole)

He is not a dynamic player in any respect. Winks is not going to win Spurs too many games and if we aspire to the top echelons of the league he is just not good enough.

He is not a dynamic player in any respect. Winks is not going to win Spurs too many games and if we aspire to the top echelons of the league he is just not good enough.
Do you know what’s costing us wins? Not taking our chances in front of goal
I’m not saying midfield is fixed but it’s far less of a mess now than the lack of a CF is

I think he's improved a bit recently, looking more like his old self with more progressive passing. In his role, particularly the one played recently, it's only natural that most of his passes will be the safe options.

We've looked better defensively too, I think he's part of that, though he obviously needs the rest of the team to do their part.

He's a fantastic squad player. He can also raise his game and put in excellent performances. But he's not built to do that 3 times a week. Ideal as a homegrown squad player.

Probably out for a month at least looking at his reaction.

He had a good game tonight. And Norwich definitely came into the game more when he went off.

I think with ankles its easy to repeat the injury but it's also a quicker recovery than knees, hamstrings etc. That time he tripped over the drinks basket bear the dugout was his bad one. I expect his ankle will also be vulnerable to a repeat but like this recent one, it's not always as bad as the first time. Kind of like losing your virginity as a woman I guess.

Back