• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Davinson Sanchez

The bolded parts which you mentioned are exactly what I flag - given his size he needs to become a more dominating CB. There's many other technically limited CBs who have had excellent top flight careers by dominating a CF and in the air: Dawson, Terry, Adams, Harry Maguire, Hummels, Pique, Desailly....and you could list dozens more. Sanchez needs to use his size and become more physical

Probably not his decision

You say technically limited but then list Terry, Pique, Desailly and Hummels. They are the exact opposite of technically limited. Even Harry Maguire is pretty decent on the ball. Dawson and Adams fit in the category the rest definitely do not.

Sanchez problem is he overrates how strong the is, he's often trying to out muscle the opposition attacker but gets in too tight and they turn him. He obviously backs himself to use his recovery pace and he is often right but it's just unnecessary. Hopefully he can learn to better judge when to be tight and when to leave some space.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Fapatalk

Last edited:
The bolded parts which you mentioned are exactly what I flag - given his size he needs to become a more dominating CB. There's many other technically limited CBs who have had excellent top flight careers by dominating a CF and in the air: Dawson, Terry, Adams, Harry Maguire, Hummels, Pique, Desailly....and you could list dozens more. Sanchez needs to use his size and become more physical

I actually don't think its his physicality per se. It's his reading of the game - something the players you mention were exceptional at... He actually does try to use his size but because he is so poor at reading the game, invariably ends up distracting himself rather than the opponent and more often than not missed the header, is left for dead or does his Bambi on ice falling over impersonation

Probably not his decision

His comments after Sanchez signed would not suggest that. Seeing as we had no DoF I would be very surprised if he did not fully approve of the purchase.

You say technically limited but then list Terry, Pique, Desailly and Hummels. They are the exact opposite of technically limited. Even Harry Maguire is pretty decent on the ball. Dawson and Adams fit in the category the rest definitely do not.

Sanchez problem is he overrated how storing the is, he's often trying to put Murdock's the opposition attacker but gets seen in too tight and they turn him. He obviously backs himself to use his recovery pace and he is often right but it's just unnecessary. Hopefully he can learn to better judge when to be right and when to leave some space.

I agree he's like a lot of young defenders and think they can win every challenge, he needs his partner to talk him through games, (there is enough experience there) and be confident that his full back has his back on crosses, the defensive unit has had far too many changes in personnel and shape due to injury and and over use of the "rotation" fad, that coupled without an effective holding player in front of them has left them all a sea. A good defence think as a unit and this chemistry happens when you play together regularly, no matter how much time you spend in training you only get it in real games. [

Sanchez problem is he overrated how storing the is, he's often trying to put Murdock's the opposition attacker but gets seen in too tight and they turn him. He obviously backs himself to use his recovery pace and he is often right but it's just unnecessary. Hopefully he can learn to better judge when to be right and when to leave some space.

I recall reading a scouting report (which I cannot find again) when we signed Sanchez which said that due to his narrow shoulders he’ll never be the strongest, which helps explain why he tends to get outmuscled by the likes of Deeney.

Hopefully he defends a bit smarter this weekend, as the Watford forward clearly in a heavier weight class!

1A5F0D05-3C9F-44E6-9233-8D16C0C3C170.jpeg

Last edited:
Sanchez problem is he overrates how strong the is, he's often trying to out muscle the opposition attacker but gets in too tight and they turn him. He obviously backs himself to use his recovery pace and he is often right but it's just unnecessary. Hopefully he can learn to better judge when to be tight and when to leave some space.

Didn't see him recover his horrendous header yesterday; or against Villa or for any of the goals or close shaves that his lack of concentration led to this season.

He's been at the club and playing regularly for three seasons. When is he going to learn?

I posted this in the match thread about him after all the stick he is getting from yesterdays game.

Best post in the thread, the wind on the pitch was blowing every which way but loose and it made it hard to judge a ball played long and high. And before anyone come up with the cry ( it was the same for their defenders) no it was not as we never hit long passes in the air to their CB's.

Sanchez took most ( if not all) the hit and hope long balls and yes he did struggle but most of that was down to the wind blowing in several directions.

I am not saying for one minute he had a great game but slagging him off for struggling with the conditions is way over the top. The guy has been playing well over the last few weeks and is becoming a regular and i think he deserves to be.

I posted this in the match thread about him after all the stick he is getting from yesterdays game.

Best post in the thread, the wind on the pitch was blowing every which way but loose and it made it hard to judge a ball played long and high. And before anyone come up with the cry ( it was the same for their defenders) no it was not as we never hit long passes in the air to their CB's.

Sanchez took most ( if not all) the hit and hope long balls and yes he did struggle but most of that was down to the wind blowing in several directions.

I am not saying for one minute he had a great game but slagging him off for struggling with the conditions is way over the top. The guy has been playing well over the last few weeks and is becoming a regular and i think he deserves to be.
He has definitely been playing better recently.

Interesting that he got most of the headed duels. Almost as if he was being targeted...

Seems he is being overlooked in the match thread. The amount of important blocks and interceptions the boy got today was immense, imo my man of the match by far. He had a couple of loose passes early on but one of his best displays in a Spurs shirt.

If you watch the game over again you will see his contribution.

Seems he is being overlooked in the match thread. The amount of important blocks and interceptions the boy got today was immense, imo my man of the match by far. He had a couple of loose passes early on but one of his best displays in a Spurs shirt.

Imagine if he could actually pass to his own team mates?

I said it in the match thread during the game. He was immense today!

Back