• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Japhet Tanganga

Great idea. Don't feed the starving, live and let live. Don't warm or clothe the cold, live and let live. Don't offer medicine to the sick, live and let live.

I prefer not to allow the intellectually feeble to go through life without offering the logic and reason that will allow them to become proper people.
Being intellectually feeble is all relative Scara.... as I’m sure you’re all too (un)aware...

I think you've got caught in some lazy terminology that we're all a bit guilty of.

Pretty much everyone I'm friends with would be described by most people as atheists, yet not a single one actually is. All of them, and I suspect everyone here, is agnostic. If there's a scale of 0-100, with the pope and his kiddy fiddling friends being at 0 and a true atheist at 100, then I am agnostic at around 99.999999999. But, most importantly, none of us claim to have all the answers, we're just able to say that the existence of a GHod, and belief in such nonsense is ridiculous.

It's much easier to refer to ourselves as atheist though, otherwise people assume you're at 50 on the scale and just don't care.

I agree with you that the existence of a GHod in the form that organised religions imagine them seems absurd and completely unbelievable, and in that respect I too am 99.9% agnostic. At the same time, the concepts of eternity and/or creating something out of nothing (i.e. the first appearance of the universe) are just too much for me to fathom, so personally I can't rule out some sort of 'higher power' that we don't yet understand - I just have absolutely zero idea what the fudge it might be like (except that I'm 99.9% sure it isn't anything close to the anthropomorphised GHod that most organised religions imagine).

-----

Anyway, Tanganga looks fudging awesome - hope he starts on Tuesday.

Why does not being in church mean he must be out getting 'rat arsed'? Can't he just be an intelligent person with basic common sense?

With a lot of footballers, no. There's aren't many examples of people like Harry Kane, especially amongst English players, who are dedicated to their career and their family. Contrast Harry and the distractions that Dele has had from his media fixated life. Clearly there's a gulf between the two, but I was responding to people mocking Tanganga for being a church-goer. I'm not religious but I dont see that as being a bad thing in terms of him performing for Spurs and making the most of himself

I am not a religious person at all.
However, I have a lot of very intelligent, successful and great friends, around the world, who are Christens, Jews, Muslims, Hindus, Buddhists and non believers.
Just judge a person from you see and not his beliefs.
Can we please leave religion out when discussing football, investing, creating wealth or having a good time.
Next, we will be having a heated debate about Gays & Lesbians.
TANGA HAD A BRILLIANT DEBUT.
Let him savor that and NOT question his beliefs.
Thank you, and bless you all.;)

However, I have a lot of very intelligent, successful and great friends, around the world, who are Christens, Jews, Muslims, Hindus, Buddhists and non believers.
Can we please leave religion out when discussing football, investing, creating wealth or having a good time.

Amen to that brother!:cool::oops:

Just watched the game through again and it confirms what i thought at first , this lad is so composed both on and off the ball ( not many youngsters have that ability straight of the bat). He never once panicked or got drawn out of position and looked like he had been playing first team football for a while. Early days i know but he has all the tools and i really look forward to seeing him progress.

Just watched the game through again and it confirms what i thought at first , this lad is so composed both on and off the ball ( not many youngsters have that ability straight of the bat). He never once panicked or got drawn out of position and looked like he had been playing first team football for a while. Early days i know but he has all the tools and i really look forward to seeing him progress.

He did catch the eye. He is one big unit and he hasn't stopped growing yet.

I think you've just contradicted yourself within a single sentence.

Judge people by appearances and not their actions? Feels wrong....

It's an important point tactically. Imagine Kane cut his left leg off - we'd be wrong to ignore that he was damaging his own ability to perform.

Why would we be discussing people's sexuality? Seems a big and irrelevant step from one to another

I love it how so many atheists claim to have all the answers and to know beyond belief that there’s no deity and yet...here we are all on a rock that one day magically from nothing appeared and on that rock..and also from nowhere...life magically exists.

Now I’m not saying that there’s definitely any deity. But what I am saying is to say there isn’t one and to call people idiots for believing one may be considered naive given that no one can actually have certainty either way.

I would prefer to think that people could be open minded; both those who have a belief, and those that do not, to think that no one actually knows all the answers and so to be so dismissive of either side shows a huge lack of respect. Believe what you want to believe but who can lecture others on what to believe.

If Tanganga is a devout Christian then that’s his faith, good for him and I expect that he uses it to help him through his life. If that helps him to be more confident, and to move through any struggles then it can only be a benefit to his life.

Agreed. As a devout Christian, I am ignoring the non football related things I have read in certain posts. He had a great debut and I wish him well. Spurs is becoming an international brand. Some fans would do well to realise what it means.

Back