• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Paulo Dybala

This, but I'm also very tired of hearing about how we allegedly almost pulled off big deals because we ran out of time. That article by Delaney about us 'almost doing the deal of the window' hurts, because it's always 'almost'. But some convenient thing always stops us from spending big on deals like this - this time, it's that we simply ran out of time.

There are three months, or twelve weeks, to do business after the end of the season.

If it got to deadline day and then died because of a lack of time, that's on us. It's not even like we don't have precedent - Moutinho et al should have been ample warnings as to what happens when you leave something late.

There's also a precedent for us throwing fake bids around to look like we're doing something (Rossi, Llorente, Aguero on deadline day in January 2011), so you may well be right. But on this one, it looks like there was a concerted attempt - no smoke without fire. Just ran out of time, annoyingly.

Frustrating but like with most things, not as easy/clear as that.

Beginning of window our targets were Lo Celso, N'dombele, Sessegnon, Clarke, we got those.

Dybala to me was a classic opportunistic target, no one believed he was for sale at beginning of Window, it really was when it became obvious Juve would let him go we saw a chance.

Reason deals run down is because even if we offer the right money, clubs/players will often sit a little longer on it in case a money doping club comes in at last moment.

Hard to compare our negotiation position 3-5 years ago with now, we are much more attractive today.

Think it's owned by his old agent. It would be nice to know if this is indefinitely or a period of time.

Iirc he pays 20% of his wages to this agent. I can't think why a loan wouldn't have worked with Juve continuing to pay this 20% and us picking up the rest. I suppose if there was an obligation to buy, although we'd kicked the image rights can down the road, it could still become complicated to solve when we came to sign permanently. And imagine if he'd had a stellar season.

I've seen it reported as being a 10 year deal (which started a good few years back). Also that Dybala has since tried to get out of it and the image company is taking him to court for breach of contract.

Our transfer window hasn't finished yet. Let's assess the squad in September once the other leagues have had their chance to raid us!

Rose > PSG
Eriksen > Madrid
Toby > Roma

All still v.possible which will leave us woefully short again.

This isn't over yet.

Think it's owned by his old agent. It would be nice to know if this is indefinitely or a period of time.

Iirc he pays 20% of his wages to this agent. I can't think why a loan wouldn't have worked with Juve continuing to pay this 20% and us picking up the rest. I suppose if there was an obligation to buy, although we'd kicked the image rights can down the road, it could still become complicated to solve when we came to sign permanently. And imagine if he'd had a stellar season.

Old agent who is now suing Dybala. Extremely messy.

Our transfer window hasn't finished yet. Let's assess the squad in September once the other leagues have had their chance to raid us!

Rose > PSG
Eriksen > Madrid
Toby > Roma

All still v.possible which will leave us woefully short again.

This isn't over yet.

Not necessarily short. Sessegnon, Lo Celso and Sanchez have very deliberately been brought in as direct successors to those 3. It's more a question of how much faith we have in the likes of Foyth, Tanganga, Skipp, Parrott etc. to backfill

Old agent who is now suing Dybala. Extremely messy.

You'd almost think the old agent would be willing to play along on a likely deal so he could scupper his ex-players chances of a move to punish the player for dumping him and the new agent for replacing him.

Unless it's literally an old agent who sees dybala's image rights as his retirement job. He's not going to get anymore clients after this.
I've seen it reported as being a 10 year deal (which started a good few years back). Also that Dybala has since tried to get out of it and the image company is taking him to court for breach of contract.
You'd almost think the old agent would be willing to play along on a likely deal so he could scupper his ex-players chances of a move to punish the player for dumping him and the new agent for replacing him.

Sent from my SM-T835 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Unless it's literally an old agent who sees dybala's image rights as his retirement job. He's not going to get anymore clients after this.

Sent from my SM-T835 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app
You'd be surprised. Football is full of agents who are utter clams but keep finding clients.

They're like estate agents to the power of no win no fee lawyers. I wouldn't suggest they're all criminals because that could land me in legal hot water.

Last edited:
i think its too late as dybala's been turning it on recently; i am still hopeful that Mourinho is the difference. hopefully we conducted ourselves well in the last negotiations so we will have first dibs next time.

Not sure if it's been noted but Dybala has the same number of letters in his surname as Damiao.

And then there's this coloured claptrap from bygone days:

4f7ecc9674ec230ea7d65295735c318b.png

Last edited:
He could technically solve a few problems in the squad as both a wide forward and striker, but we've no idea how Jose wants the team to play so Dybala may not be what we need. Then there's the fact that he doesn't want to leave Juve, they don't need to sell him and that he's now getting regular football under Sarri. This thread probably needs burying.

Cannot see this one happening now that Poch is gone ...

Sadly don't think it much to do with Poch. The very naive part of me was excited about the possibility of this signing in the summer until I remembered we only sign PSG rejects and N'whoevers from the other brick clubs in Ligue Un.

Back