• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The transfer window thread.

KWP linked with Brighton. Also expect Wanyama to go out the door.

Levy will be sweating over what to do about Lo Celso as that could affect the cash flow one way or another.

He’ll also be trying to get a fee for Eriksen & Rose but I suspect both players will resist.

Don’t really see us doing any signings.

"Doing any signings" ...

Tottenham are reportedly keen on battling Arsenal to sign RB Leipzig’s centre back Dayot Upamecano, who comes with a £50 million price tag.

The Express published the piece yesterday, with football journalist Konstntinos Lianos saying Tottenham aren’t phased by the Frenchman’s lofty price tag. You wouldn’t think Leipzig would be amenable to selling their star centre back, especially with the Bundesliga side’s Round-Of-16 Champions League encounter with Spurs beckoning.

Unsurprisingly Lianos doesn’t reveal any sources for the rumours.

A major factor in Leipzig’s meteoric rise, Upamecano is likened to a young Gerard Piqué. Heads turn when anyone is compared to Pique, particularly to a centre back who is just 21. WhoScored.com highlights his tackling nous and ability to intercept threatening attacks as his principal assets. With no discernible weakness, Upamecano is gaining credence in football circles worldwide.

Leipzig won’t sell their prized asset for anything less than £50 million, a fair asking price for a 21-year-old with such an impressive CV.

You can be sure Leipzig won’t relinquish Upamecano without first replacing the wunderkind. The Express seems to think Leipzig must land PSG’s Tanguy Kouassi before allowing Upamecano to venture elsewhere.

Arsenal and Emirates Marketing Project are seen as the favourites to land Upamecano’s signature, but Tottenham, if the reports are substantiated, is in the running.

An investment for the present and future, Upamecano would offer Tottenham a stable defensive force. Like Sánchez, the Frenchman is still rugged and raw, requiring time to mature.

Combined with Davinson Sánchez, who is still only 23, the two quintessential athletes could form an impenetrable duo at the heart of Spurs rearguard after Toby hangs up his boots. Until then, it would be a fantastic luxury to have three excellent centre backs competing for two places.

While a nice thought, I don’t see Leipzig coughing up their marquee defender to the side they face in the Champions League knockout stage. That would be akin to the German side signing their own death warrant.

https://hotspurhq.com/2019/12/30/21-year-old-french-centre-back-tottenhams-transfer-hit-list/

Looked excellent imo
Can’t say I’ve noticed him before
I don't think he's played much, more in their EL games (I haven't watched any).

Reported Wolves made it permanent for just £2m.

Portuguese though, so you'd think Jose would know of him. Won a bit with the Portuguese younger national teams.

I don't think he's played much, more in their EL games (I haven't watched any).

Reported Wolves made it permanent for just £2m.

Portuguese though, so you'd think Jose would know of him. Won a bit with the Portuguese younger national teams.

i had to look him up after commenting. He tore them a new one IMO and was really impressive. Could be own game, could be a real player

wolves have the Portuguese deals set up with their agent owner now

Offers claimed from Tottenham Burnley for same player – Club trying to resist approaches
By Nihat Emre Kocaaslan -

30th December 2019

According to Fenerbahce journalist Feridun Nigdelioglu, Tottenham Hotspur and Burnley have made official offers to Fenerbahce for striker Vedat Muriqi.

Muriqi has been linked with a move to the Premier League since the start of the season, and Nigdelioglu reports both Burnley and Tottenham are looking to sign him.

However, he states Fenerbahce will try to keep him at least until the summer as they believe he will be integral to their league title challenge this season.

The Kosovan striker has been in excellent form for Fener in the first half of the season, scoring 10 goals in 17 appearances. Muriqi was also impressive for his country during the Euro 2020 qualifiers, scoring during Kosovo’s loss to England at St Mary’s.

This has led to interest from other clubs, including Burnley and Tottenham. Spurs have reportedly sent scouts to watch the player on several occasions, playing for both his club and country.

His contract with Fenerbahce will expire at the end of June 2023.

Not sure its been posted, but KWP being linked to Brighton - seemingly on a perm - the last couple of days.

If he cant get in ahead of Aurier, then I think for his own sake he needs to move on. And Brighton, the way they play right now - could be an excellent move for him.

Yep, damning he can't seemingly play atm. I must say he's symptomatic of poor management of our youngsters in recent years imo: not good enough to play/get in the squad, but are not given chances to play full-time elsewhere due to a fear of "picking up bad habits". Yet having this reputation of "getting success based on our home-grown youth."
Ridiculous and we better change that stance pronto or no youngsters will want to join the academy in the first place.

Anyway, KWP being a target for Brighton is being reported in the DM: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...-Peters-CSKA-Moscow-striker-Fedor-Chalov.html

Yep, damning he can't seemingly play atm. I must say he's symptomatic of poor management of our youngsters in recent years imo: not good enough to play/get in the squad, but are not given chances to play full-time elsewhere due to a fear of "picking up bad habits". Yet having this reputation of "getting success based on our home-grown youth."

Ridiculous and we better change that stance pronto or no youngsters will want to join the academy in the first place.

I think that it was Poch that wanted to keep the youngsters in the club, although there were signs that he had begun to change his mind. I cannot see that being the case with Mourinho.

Hopefully, we'll have a DoF again soon. I think that it helps to have someone with responsibility for playing staff throughout the club and can act as a bridge between the academy and first team.

That would be a tall order in any transfer window. In january it would take a truly exceptional window to make that happen.
I didn't mean in January, I meant over the next 2 windows. I think we can probably muddle through this season with our existing options at right and left back, even without another central midfield player if necessary. However if Lille really are open to selling Soumare in Jan as seems to be rumoured then we would be mad not to make a concerted effort to sign him..... I do have a worry here though that the cupboard is bare due to the huge overspend on the stadium.

Tottenham are reportedly keen on battling Arsenal to sign RB Leipzig’s centre back Dayot Upamecano, who comes with a £50 million price tag.

The Express published the piece yesterday, with football journalist Konstntinos Lianos saying Tottenham aren’t phased by the Frenchman’s lofty price tag. You wouldn’t think Leipzig would be amenable to selling their star centre back, especially with the Bundesliga side’s Round-Of-16 Champions League encounter with Spurs beckoning.

Probably speculation, but don't let the scum get him. This kid is basically Sanchez, if Sanchez was bloody brilliant with the ball (more like a midfielder than a center-back, really). Fast, strong, big, and great with the ball - the prototypical modern center back.

He's also shaky and commits too easily at times, like Sanchez. But Woolwich getting him would address a lot of their defensive concerns off the bat, and we need to nip in if we can.

“Tier 4”. That’s his way of saying it’s mostly gonad*s, but he’ll print it anyway for likes, bricks and giggles.

I realised that it was another clam posting third hand rumours for clicks after adding it here. I am sorry @Jon, it was a lapse in judgement and it won't happen again.

I realised that it was another clam posting third hand rumours for clicks after adding it here. I am sorry @Jon, it was a lapse in judgement and it won't happen again.
That’s just a long winded way of saying “don’t shoot the messenger”, you’ve changed milo!

Back