• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham Hotspur Vs Norwich City

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don't disagree with that. I think that both showed enough today to be viable bench/cover. It is difficult to judge Sessegnon's second half performance because Norwich attacked so little, so I cannot judge whether he is a viable backup at LB.

It is, to me, unbelievable that some folks expected a starting line-up with NDombele, LoCelso, a departinG Eriksen and Sess - playing with a back three and no screening midfielder- to have any cohesion. When we went to a four at least Ndombele had a guide as to what was going on!

Similarly, Dele has gone out and given 97 mins today I don’t believe he would have had we not had the suspensions, fought everywhere, created the pen and is getting coated. Again, Aurier has cost us. What was he doing there?

Doubtless Foyth will get caned but with Dier on the pitch that goal does not happen.

Mourinho’s gamble failed today. I know he had few options but I have to ask, how is that we cannot find a way to leave Aurier at home?

He really is like Dembele in how he keeps the ball. He did get a little lucky once or twice but some of the situations he got out of were head scratchers. Jose has to get this lad focused and playing because he's got a frightening amount of ability.

We have to give him structure!

Thought Lamela tried the right things when he caMe on
We seemed to try a surplus of disjointed passing moves and dribbles at the central defence, always when they were fully set and ready.
Sess was very poor in terms of giving width to stretch the defence and getting crosses or cutbacks happening, and don't get me started on that idiot right back.
We really needed a long shot from Kane or Eriksen to go in or get a rebound, too much of our play was very speculative 1% chance of working.

The result is infuriating. But please let’s hope this period is not in vain. Each game we see mistakes, each game we suffer but I really do hope we are learning.

ndombele was absolutely superb, so was Eriksen. Breaking my heart!

second half was good, I’m not gonna focus on top 4 right now, it’s ruining everything

The result is infuriating. But please let’s hope this period is not in vain. Each game we see mistakes, each game we suffer but I really do hope we are learning.

second half was good, I’m not gonna focus on top 4 right now, it’s ruining everything

the man in charge is learning about the team that’s for sure

I have a sneaking feeling Eriksen just might sign a new contract ...

Is Dele Alli whining again? WTF. Just when I was beginning to like him again.

After a couple of minutes, I forget who launched a 40 yarder to him, out of defence, maybe Foyth or Toby? .. It sails over his head and instead of turning his body to see if the ball was retrievable, he starts waving his arms around and shouts out at his team mate for a poor pass... Meanwhile, Sessegnon has run in behind Dele and has kept the ball in play, but now
has no assistance as his nearest team mate is rooted to the spot whilst having a prima donna hissy...

Anyone else noticed how we’ve started slowly most recent games. I think this is a conscious decision by Jose- the team doesn’t have enough puff to last 90mins so I’m pretty sure Jose has said to them be calm for first half and then we’ll come out and have a go second half.

Btw did anyone else think the pitch was not great for passing?

so many lessons to learn. Thought Foyth was unlucky on first goal just dawdled a second to long got swamped by 3 Norwich players and the defence opened up. Think he has a future with bud but he’s got to learn to move it on quicker.

same with lo celso- played ok but tried to run at them but no end product

Ali looked knackered from the kick off noticed he wasn’t chasing back as much as usual - would’ve been rested if Jose had an alternative.

not enough crosses into the box for me from either flank, lots of passing in front of the Norwich team but just not enough penetration

So many poor points. Sessegnon looks like he needs loaning out, hasn't looked like he has the ability to trouble a defender. Aurier on the other side has had 2-3 chances to knock it in early and held on to it. Dele looks like he's not up for it whilst the defence are all over the place.

Foyth of course did not disappoint, making a monumental mistake that we all could have expected but has hoped wouldn't happen.

He had numerous situations where he were one on one with a Norwich defender and every time he refused the take on, instead opting for a safe reverse or sideways infield pass..

And then I watched Man Utd's young left back Williams at Burnley, seizing his chance given him , oozing confidence...

Sess, needs to seriously man up...

Anyone else think that Mourinho is trying to highlight a few of our major issues to DL, by playing a clearly not ready Sessegnon at left back/wing back and not playing Dier or Skipp as the holding midfielder. Looks like a LB and DM are our priorities for january

Anyone else think that Mourinho is trying to highlight a few of our major issues to DL, by playing a clearly not ready Sessegnon at left back/wing back and not playing Dier or Skipp as the holding midfielder. Looks like a LB and DM are our priorities for january
No
I think he is trying to see what he needs and who is with him
The “levy” bit may be a bi product of that

Only time I have ever really believed a manager did that was with Conte and Bakayoko. He kept him in the team when he was utterly broken and it was clearly against the player’s interests.

We seemed to try a surplus of disjointed passing moves and dribbles at the central defence, always when they were fully set and ready.
Sess was very poor in terms of giving width to stretch the defence and getting crosses or cutbacks happening, and don't get me started on that idiot right back.
We really needed a long shot from Kane or Eriksen to go in or get a rebound, too much of our play was very speculative 1% chance of working.

Are long shots and following them in not speculative?

Who knows the guy has shown some real passes and effort in the last two games compared to his previous ones
Eriksen and Ndombele were head and shoulders above anyone else. People blame Aurier for the og, but there was at least 10 shocking mistakes before that. Aurier actually did the right thing, and covered the right area, and was just unlucky to get hit exactly at the wrong place/time. Not his fault whatsoever!

Back