• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tanguy Ndombele

More to the point, a mercurial talent who needs a certain level of confidence is trying to adapt, sees the manager he signed for sacked, and is finding his way through a tumultuous first season. I, too, like a player who puts their balls on the line, but lets give him a break for a season before we pile in shall we? I think he will turn out to be excellent if handled properly; he clearly does things with the ball that no other player in our squad can...

Wise words.

I'm not happy with the way the tabloids etc are translating "not comfortbale with current fitness concern" to "not wanting to".

No, he just said why he wasn't in the squad. It's everyone here and else on the interweb that's blowing this totally out of proportion.

Knowing Mourinho's track record for calling players out and throwing them under the bus, I don't think it's completely out of proportion. Hopefully he'll start tomorrow, and it'll calm down.

More to the point, a mercurial talent who needs a certain level of confidence is trying to adapt, sees the manager he signed for sacked, and is finding his way through a tumultuous first season. I, too, like a player who puts their balls on the line, but lets give him a break for a season before we pile in shall we? I think he will turn out to be excellent if handled properly; he clearly does things with the ball that no other player in our squad can...

I agree, I also don’t think there is anything wrong with a manager putting the pressure on the player to step up as well.

I can’t recall the timing of when - but Harry called out Bale for being a cry baby and that seemed to work our ok.

I agree, I also don’t think there is anything wrong with a manager putting the pressure on the player to step up as well.

I can’t recall the timing of when - but Harry called out Bale for being a cry baby and that seemed to work our ok.

Mourinho did it with Shaw as well. I remember an interview Mourinho gave to the papers at the time about how he was friends with a top level tennis player who said he had never been 100% fit in all the years he played tennis and that footballers needed to realise you had to play with a certain amount of injuries. Something that someone like Daniel Sturridge really should have learned.

Mourinho sounded a bit more nuanced in the presser before the Norwich game when asked about N'Dombele:

Were you unhappy with Tanguy Ndombele saying he didn't feel he could play?

I think Ndombele was honest. Football players like to play football. For him to say I don't feel confident, I don't feel in the best condition due to my previous injuries, he was just being honest.
But today we had solutions. We had [Eric] Dier, we had [Harry] Winks, we have [Oliver] Skipp who is a great kid fighting to improve, for a place.
Today we had solutions, against Norwich less solutions. But let's see. I hope tomorrow morning after training he can come back to me and say I'm ready to help the team.

https://www.football.london/tottenh...esults/every-word-jose-mourinho-said-17477248

It seems like Ndombele is suffering from huge amount of expectations after we signed him for record money. He better start performing soon or he will end up being our biggest flop ever.

I don't know why anyone would be surprised by today's performance, he has been good for us in pretty much every appearance. That's why so many of us were up in arms when Poch seemingly dropped him for no reason.

Now he has shown Mou what he is capable let's hope he just gets picked from now on, he is by far our best CM and the midfield should be built around his strengths and weaknesses.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Fapatalk

Yep it's clear the lad is a baller. Serious ability on the ball, excellent touch. Uses his body well, athletic, deceptive body swerves and faints, hard to get the ball off in a similar way to Dembele in his prime. And I love the way sees and executes difficult as well as progressive passes with a lot of ease.

Played really well tonight, kept the team moving, some ridiculous touches, even when playing very isolated in an unbalanced first halr CM.

Play him aongside a passer (Lo Celso or a motivated Eriksen) and a proper DM (new signing?) and we are really talking.

Sent from my SM-G960F using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

We have mismanaged this lad so much.

He reminds me of Berbatov with the sexy touch, Berbatov was a bit naff for the first few months, obvious skills but took his time to settle in. We should have done this with Ndombele just made him play every game even if he is not quite ready because he would get up to speed quicker.

Him and Sessegnon are the two players that excite me.

Excellent game tonight, particularly considering he was kind of playing alone in CM. Personally I'd start him and Dier - Dier can sit and let Ndombele do what he wants. Also, with Dele back in the no 10 position, Dier-Ndombele-Dele in the middle is very similar (not just in names) to our Dier-Dembele-Dele axis which was so effective in Poch's early days

We have mismanaged this lad so much.

He reminds me of Berbatov with the sexy touch, Berbatov was a bit naff for the first few months, obvious skills but took his time to settle in. We should have done this with Ndombele just made him play every game even if he is not quite ready because he would get up to speed quicker.

Him and Sessegnon are the two players that excite me.

I remember watching Berbatov in a defeat at Reading early on and never wanting him to play for us again. It was the laziest performance, bordering on disrespectful, I'd ever seen. Another one I got spectacularly right.

Excellent game tonight, particularly considering he was kind of playing alone in CM. Personally I'd start him and Dier - Dier can sit and let Ndombele do what he wants. Also, with Dele back in the no 10 position, Dier-Ndombele-Dele in the middle is very similar (not just in names) to our Dier-Dembele-Dele axis which was so effective in Poch's early days

Id almost consider giving Skipp a go at this stage. Dier has proved he isn't up to it anymore.

Back