• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT Tottenham v Olympiacos

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Tbf their first goal was a worldie- if dele had done that we’d be crowing about it. Second goal a shocker- we have a problem defending corners as the spammers game showed.
Got v lucky with the dele goal, great ball boy work for the second great Aurier strike for 3 and classic Erikson for kanes goal.
They olympicos were shell shocked going in to ht and should’ve been out of sight by then. Second goal knocked stuffing out of then and allowed us more control. Great comeback win by my GHod got to start better than this.

Tbf their first goal was a worldie- if dele had done that we’d be crowing about it. Second goal a shocker- we have a problem defending corners as the spammers game showed.
Got v lucky with the dele goal, great ball boy work for the second great Aurier strike for 3 and classic Erikson for kanes goal.
They olympicos were shell shocked going in to ht and should’ve been out of sight by then. Second goal knocked stuffing out of then and allowed us more control. Great comeback win by my GHod got to start better than this.

I thought the first goal was far more about our mistakes than the competency of the scorer, the defenders backed off and Gazza was horrifically slow to react, the ball wasn’t moving quickly or anywhere near the corner. Rose playing a perfect layoff to the attacker in space didn’t help either.

I heard it slightly differently. Definitely didn't blame Dier or say that he had a particularly bad game, but I'm not sure he blamed himself.

The players didn't perform, part of that is on Mourinho, but he's still very new to this group of players and the problems we've all seen for a while now. I don't think there was anything wrong with the starting line-up, but the way we played wasn't up to scratch. Don't get me wrong, I thought he handled it well and I'm glad Dier wasn't blamed. Starting games in this way needs to be sorted out though.
My only issue with the starting line up was it missed a creative player who moves the ball quickly and accurately to up the tempo of our attack. Jose changed that by bringing on Eriksen who for once performed in line with the talent he possesses. I'm surprised he didn't start Lo Celso over Dier.

Not sure if Jose rates Lo Celso, hasn't had a sniff in the 2 games since Jose has come in
If so, that creates a transfer problem!

Ndombele has not either. I suspect at the moment it's about getting stability of team and performance - so the players he knows and have been here longer are a good start. After all, they were good for 4 years. Can they be again? That is the current question.

Random positional observation:

Jose doesn’t seem to see Sissoko as a central midfielder. That’s twice now he’s come on on the right side for Moura.

Jose’s already said he wants 2 in central midfield - 1 positionally sound and 1 passer. Strikes me that unlike Poch, Jose has clearly seen Sissoko is neither of those!

If Sissoko is going to be a wide right ‘battering ram’ option though, I’ll be interested to see how Jose manages the elephant in the room there.... end product!!!

Thankfully Jose doesnt seem to see Sissoko as a starter.

I think Sissoko has shown his best deployment is that of coming on late to close things out.

He was poor against West Ham, better last night.

In that sense I can see him being a go-to guy for Jose, who does love to close a game out when ahead.

Mourinho told BBC Radio 5 Live: "I tried to invite him [the ball boy] into the dressing room after the game to celebrate with the team but he'd slipped away."

Really nice touch. The cynic in me says its careful PR management on his part, but even so - I really like that he wanted to give the kid such an experience

Ndombele has not either. I suspect at the moment it's about getting stability of team and performance - so the players he knows and have been here longer are a good start. After all, they were good for 4 years. Can they be again? That is the current question.
Brief cameo on for Dele after 83 mins last night - looked good too.

I thought the first goal was far more about our mistakes than the competency of the scorer, the defenders backed off and Gazza was horrifically slow to react, the ball wasn’t moving quickly or anywhere near the corner. Rose playing a perfect layoff to the attacker in space didn’t help either.

I was always coached not to run straight at a player running quickly with the ball towards you as it makes it easy for him to go pass you as a successful tackle is difficult, it wasn't clear if he was going to shoot, pass or run with the ball, just accept our opponents have skill and can do good things and don't just ape the pundits who are paid to fill time, all goals are stoppable in a perfect world and with hindsight.

Ndombele has been injured, only just back in the squad last night. Lo Celso, I guess, is fighting it out with Dele and Eriksen now?

Should say I thought Winks was very good last night as well. Understated, as usual, but was a very important player - particularly when Dier went off.

And was it me, or was there a real aggression to him? He was really snapping into tackles and challenges.

Should say I thought Winks was very good last night as well. Understated, as usual, but was a very important player - particularly when Dier went off.

And was it me, or was there a real aggression to him? He was really snapping into tackles and challenges.

Yep, he's gone all Kante* on us! Turned his mojo all the way up to 11 in the second half!

*slight exaggeration

I also thought he did well overall. However he was poor for both of the opposition's goals (beaten too easily for the first and lost the player making the near post run for the second). Needs to improve defensively before we play a better team in the next stage.

I also thought he did well overall. However he was poor for both of the opposition's goals (beaten too easily for the first and lost the player making the near post run for the second). Needs to improve defensively before we play a better team in the next stage.

He also had Sanchez dig him out of a big hole with a ridiculously bad backpass not long before their second goal. Winks was pretty brick in the first half.

That is how i saw it as well, it started with Rose playing a Sunday Lge flick at the ball and then the rest from us was really poor.

Funny game really we started of really poor and seemed unsure of ourselves and we needed the early sub as it helped change the game. Bringing Eriksen on gave us a chance to move the ball quicker and he improved as the game as it went on ( started to look the real deal again). Its going to be a bit of a roll a coaster ride for a while until Jose get his ideas across fully but the signs are good.

Hard to choose the MOM as for me Alli, Sanchez and Aurier all had very good games, but have gone for Sanchez.

Yep, he's gone all Kante* on us! Turned his mojo all the way up to 11 in the second half!

*slight exaggeration
On another night he would got himself in trouble.
There was one moment he inexplicably pushed the oppo in the back. Something must have happened - which of course the ref missed. I'm surprised he even made it the stadium!

I've been reading that Kane's equaliser should not have stood as it was a foul throw, but VAR official did not pick it up, if that's the case does VAR have to check that the ball is correctly placed at corners, free kick are taken from the exact spot of the offence and players are the exact distance from the ball? We'll be there all night.

I've been reading that Kane's equaliser should not have stood as it was a foul throw, but VAR official did not pick it up, if that's the case does VAR have to check that the ball is correctly placed at corners, free kick are taken from the exact spot of the offence and players are the exact distance from the ball? We'll be there all night.
Tbh it looked like Winks{?) fouled someone just before it went out of play

Tbh it looked like Winks{?) fouled someone just before it went out of play
It was Moura's sliding tackle that you're probably thinking about. I was pretty sure the ref would have called a foul on that, but he didn't. Surge's throw was not a foul one from what I can tell, unless his foot was over the line, which I couldn't see.

Back