• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jose Mourinho - SACKED

I have some reservations about this:

1. No one can argue about his track record, but it's been a few years since he achieved any great success now, and his style of play and tactics have seemed a bit dated. Also when he has had success, he's been managing clubs with the biggest budget and the best players, except at Man Utd where he had the biggest budget, but not the best players, and failed. We are not the finished article, nor can we bring in finished articles where it is needed. As a Spurs manager you need to able to develop players and build a team, and I am not sure Mourinho has ever done that.

2. He used to have some charm, but it has disappeared in recent years. He has recently been a bitter, angry man who has created a poisonous atmosphere it has been impossible to achieve success with. He lacks class completely, and his behaviour a lot of the time is not the behaviour I would want from a Spurs manager.

3. He plays a negative, destructive, defensive football that is the complete opposite of everything Tottenham stands for. I want to see Tottenham playing attacking, entertaining and good football, not see us score a goal and then defend for the rest of the game.

4. He's a Chelsea man (maybe less relevant, but I still feel disgusted seeing him holding our shirt).

5. He might bring some short term joy, but he tends to leave clubs in a worse position than they were in when he came in.

Well Stop! Hammer time( and i wanted Poch to stay at least to the end of the season) but i have seen teams that Jose has managed in the past and enjoyed watching them, i admit that in the bigger games he sets his team out to make sure he does not lose but i do not see that being wrong.

As i said i am gutted that Poch has gone but from all the managers that have been mentioned over the last few weels ( imo) Jose is the best one. We shall see i guess.

Time will tell . Bold gamble from the club and Levy. Has he sold the sole of the club for a few trophy’s.

We will see in 18-24 months time.

I thought this was interesting, seemingly unprompted and from a player many think Mourinho messed up/around:

All the same, Lindelof, speaking to the Swedish media while on international duty, admits he misses working with Mourinho and insists he soon expects him to land a top job again soon.

“He is, after all, one of the world’s best coaches and he is supposed to have a job at one of the biggest clubs. I miss him in football,” Lindelof told Aftonbladet.

“He’s a great coach and a great person, whom I owe a great deal.”

Lindelof continued: “It was he who gave me the chance here, who bought me into everything.

“I have all the respect in the world for him and appreciate everything he has said and done for me, from scolding to a hug.

“Even if I did not agree, at the time… he has very great charisma, you had great respect for him.

“He’s won everything. When he says something, you listen.”

Id suggest McTomminay would have lots of praise for him too.

I agree that he doesnt pride himself on promoting youth, its not like its a personal policy or point of pride, but I do think he will use youth.

And I also expect that to have been a big part in talks between he and Levy when taking the job, so am interested to see how it plays out.

My initial expectation is that youth wont exactly thrive under him, but who knows?

This one is a bit arguable, for me at least, in that - did HE spend considerable sums, or the club?

For example when he went into Chelsea - they were already on a spending spree and had been for a while. I think they were always going to spend silly money, regardless of manager.

Similarly Madrid, its basically their MO.

Is it Mourinho DEMANDING LOADS OF MONEY!!!! or is it him making the most of what is on offer as any manager would?

All I can say of Mourinho with relative confidence, is he seems to like to shake things up in his first year - a lot of ins and outs (which can of course be expensive), but thereafter its more about tweaking the squad, not spending massive amounts.

Its also worth pointing out when you look at the actual transfers, even though there is a headline grabbing big ticket buy - there are also a number of smaller, more speculative buys as well.

I completely understand the idea he likes to spend big, but I also have a feeling he can work with a budget far better than people believe.

I think you're correct in that it's the club's who are spending and not Jose. No manager actually had the club's cheque book. He has though carefully chosen to go to those club's who are best positioned to succeed by investing in the market. Only now that star has waned and he has pretty much been through all of the club's of that stature have we become a a consideration.

The upside is that he has been in England a long time, he knows what we are, he knows who Daniel Levy is. It would be extreme naivety on his part to expect the relative level of spending he had at his previous club's. As long as he is willing to cut his cloth as accordingly then maybe it can work. [emoji848]

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Fapatalk

Time will tell . Bold gamble from the club and Levy. Has he sold the sole of the club for a few trophy’s.

We will see in 18-24 months time.

As you say only time will tell as for selling the soul of the club i can not agree with that, after all i was around when we gave Neill/ Graham jobs and that was a lot worse for me. One thing i expect to see is that we will finally be able to is brush all the cobwebs out of our empty trophy cabinet.

I think you're correct in that it's the club's who are spending and not Jose. No manager actually had the club's cheque book. He has though carefully chosen to go to those club's who are best positioned to succeed by investing in the market. Only now that star has waned and he has pretty much been through all of the club's of that stature have we become a a consideration.

The upside is that he has been in England a long time, he knows what we are, he knows who Daniel Levy is. It would be extreme naivety on his part to expect the relative level of spending he had at his previous club's. As long as he is willing to cut his cloth as accordingly then maybe it can work. [emoji848]

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Fapatalk

I would imagine that Levy has laid out the ground rules in terms of how much money he will get, he managed to keep a lid on " rent a quote" ( who left every club he has been at with money problems except us) and i am sure he has told Jose what he will be able to do.

That really is the other thing that inspires a bit of hope in me.

He has been out of work almost a year, the longest ever for him between clubs.

He has taken it as a period of self reflection, evaluation, and has apparently had a change up in how he wants to work.

And, I think quite obviously, he has been turning down offers - biding his time for one he feels is right for him.

It is fair to say he has chosen us, as much as we have chosen him.

With that in mind I find it impossible to believe he doesnt know who/what we are, and isnt prepared for it.

Equally, Levy knows Mourinho and his history - Ive no doubt in their negotiations both sides have raised any issues they might forsee.

And here he is, so on the face of it at least - reasons to be hopeful?

As you say only time will tell as for selling the soul of the club i can not agree with that, after all i was around when we gave Neill/ Graham jobs and that was a lot worse for me. One thing i expect to see is that we will finally be able to is brush all the cobwebs out of our empty trophy cabinet.

I also remember those years. I’d put this appointment in a bracket with the Graham one.

But again we will see. Intrigued to see the side he picks Saturday

I don't hate him either to be honest. I've always found him a bit funny, though in the last 5 years or so, I think he's lost some of his charm. His antics at Chelsea the first time were genuinely a bit humorous but I think Real broke him and he's just been a dour sod since then. A dour sod who'll pick up a trophy or two but still a dour sod.

My hopes for the next 2-3 years are that he'll win a couple of trophies. Maybe a proper title challenge (where we actually are consistently within 3-5 points of the top or even top sometimes), to change the meteorology of the club even more, not embarass us too much and to minimise the damage he does when he inevitably falls out with everyone.

I'm also looking forward to seeing him wind up the Chelsea, Man Utd and Arsenal fans with some cutting comments and, in a slightly morbid way, kind of looking forward to when he gets really angry and insults Spurs as a club while he's still manager and the reaction of the fans when he does this. :D

Either way, good luck to him. A successful Mourinho in the next few years means a successful Spurs. And I can get on board with that.

He's done a good PR campaign since leaving Man Utd.
I think he needs us as well. It'll stick in his craw that his image was tarnished by the Man Utd experience - despite him doing rather well given the tools he was given (and Jones, Smalling and Young are tools).
He'll need to show that he is still a top level manager and if we can be the instrument for his ambition to do so by making him the instrument for our restoration then so much the better.

I also remember those years. I’d put this appointment in a bracket with the Graham one.

But again we will see. Intrigued to see the side he picks Saturday

That was my initial thought. When Sugar appointed that c**t, it was sickening but I did think we were buying guaranteed success. Didn’t really happen. This is like that on steroids. I hope it works out better than that appointment.

The Daily Mail reporting that Brendan Rogers was our first choice. Given Levy’s love for Jose, I’d be surprised if that’s true although wouldn’t be surprised if Rogers was sounded out when it because apparent that Poch was going to have to go.

That was my initial thought. When Sugar appointed that c**t, it was sickening but I did think we were buying guaranteed success. Didn’t really happen. This is like that on steroids. I hope it works out better than that appointment.

The Daily Mail reporting that Brendan Rogers was our first choice. Given Levy’s love for Jose, I’d be surprised if that’s true although wouldn’t be surprised if Rogers was sounded out when it because apparent that Poch was going to have to go.

For me the only appointment worse than Jose is rodgers.

Mou, Mou, Mou, Maaaureeeeeeen
I'm begging of you, please don't call me Dan
Mou, Mou, Mou, Maaaureeeeeeen
Please don't do it, even though you can

Dan! Dan! Dan!! Dan! Dan! Dan!! Dan!!! Dan!

Back