• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

Just saw Toby's interview with Sky Sports. He wasn't exactly gushing about Poch. Basically just said "Yeah just heard. It's sad to see someone leave but that's football." The interview was a couple of minutes long. He did say "he bought us to the next level" but the interviewer basically teed that up for him.

He can fudge off pretty quick smart to be honest. Big part of the current malaise among the playing squad, fudging hair gel clam.

Poch didn't quite excel with setting up attacking movement. He wasn't great with reading a match live, or predicting things. But fuk me he was awesome in many many ways. Will miss him. Gutted to have lost a true gent.

Sad. Very sad.

The truth is he should've have gone after the CL final. It has been over since then and a fresh start was what both parties needed.

My sadness is tempered, however, by the comments he made in the run up to the final. He either made a rod for his own back there, or took the chance to say, de-facto, that he no longer wanted to be in charge.

But putting all the aside, Poch did a fantastic job. He lacked that last bit needed to get a side over the line and win a trophy. Indeed, our most disappointing performances when we were at our zenith came when there was really something on the line. We always came up short. Nonetheless, the best manager since I started supporting the club in 1990, and one who led us into a new stadium in incredibly challenging circumstance. Circumstances that set things in motion that have culminated today? Perhaps.

It was a necessary decision, belated, but necessary for all involved i think.

I've read every post since the news broke and I feel the need to offer my thoughts.

I am sad that it has come to this after I had the greatest moment of my footballing life that night in Amsterdam only 5 months ago. Poch was obviously hugely instrumental in giving me that wonderful moment but I do think the time had come for him to go.

Imagine if Aguero had scored the penalty in the first leg after about 7 minutes that would probably have been the end of the CL run. Whatt we would have been left with is very little to excite us and only 25 points from our last 24 league games..

I think back to the Burnley away game when he bought Harry straight back in to a winning side after 6 weeks out. We looked flat and Harry was knackered and I believe that was the start of our demise. The psychological effect on the other payers could well have been ,"doesn't matter how I play , harry will come back in".

He then repeated the same mistake in the CL final..

Poch has become increasingly arrogant what with his book and talking about leaving fairly often and most annoyingly just before the biggest game in our history.

This season I really lost my heart after the Saudi Sportswashing Machine game... We were clueless against a team that defended deep as we knew they would even though we had a full week to prepare for the game..

We were rubbish the weekend after the Olympiakos game and Poch said, "we had had a difficult week'.. We cant aspire to be in the CL and then moan about it . He always seems to have an excuse!

In recent months there is talk that he is distant at training and if he has lost some/many/ all of the players then there really is no way back... I picked up on the footage of him going in to the dressing room after the Emirates Marketing Project away CL game and he gave a big clnched fists salute and the players ignored him. Worth a look and see if you think the same..

Someone earlier spoke of a new manager with a 5 year plan... Whilst I don't overly disagree, I am 60 next year and running out of time and so I do quite fancy the fun and unpredictability of a Mourinho couple of years..

I despise the odious little chelscum taco but i'll take it back if he signs tomorrow!

Thanks Poch and COYS..

Actually right for once.
I still dont get why Levy just didnt go the deed last week

Two reasons likely

- They had a meeting this week (as reported), it was up to Poch to convince Levy he was up for the job and had a plan, perhaps he simply was too burnt out.
- Levy was lining up a replacement, due to the emotion (take a look at this board) and position the club is in, the worse thing would be to leave us rudderless or with a "Tactics Tim" for any length of time

Two reasons likely

- They had a meeting this week (as reported), it was up to Poch to convince Levy he was up for the job and had a plan, perhaps he simply was too burnt out.
- Levy was lining up a replacement, due to the emotion (take a look at this board) and position the club is in, the worse thing would be to leave us rudderless or with a "Tactics Tim" for any length of time
There is a third one based on a rumour - Pochettino asked to be able to apply for the Bayern job. A Bayern rep was in London, one of their former full backs. Levy had to make the decision.

Long and short of it - I have no idea why Levy felt he had to pull the trigger. There are multiple reasons why he could have done so.

There is a third one based on a rumour - Pochettino asked to be able to apply for the Bayern job. A Bayern rep was in London, one of their former full backs. Levy had to make the decision.

Long and short of it - I have no idea why Levy felt he had to pull the trigger. There are multiple reasons why he could have done so.

A full back, no wonder Levy went postal, he’s had no time for them since Redknapp signed all of them.

Sad but think that it must mean that a replacement is lined up, and trust Daniel Levy to get that right. Wonderful manager, really a wonderful man in many ways- but sadly the right decision. Mauricio was part of the rejuvenation of Spurs, he made the players into footballing royalty and even made us cool again. Thanks Mauricio, thanks for making Spurs have a great defence for the first time for years, and thanks for inspiring the players for 5 years. We'll see you again.

Not going to lie, gutted about this.

So long Poch, thanks for the good times, I hope you remember us with affection.

I'm a silly optimist when it comes to spurs, hope for best, expect the miracle and live with the disappointment.
Except for ghod and burkinshaw leaving I've looked forward because I thought there was better out there, but this feels like that, there isn't.
I don't see a better long term option, not for us. Not one that fits our situation so we'll.

I'm Tottenham through and through, but I see this as a sad day where instead of reaching for stars we start looking over our shoulders as we slide back to mediocrity.

Prove me wrong Daniel.

COYS

Two reasons likely

- Levy was lining up a replacement

Precisely. This is not shocking news at all.

Poch met Levy to outline how he was going to turn things around, and demonstrate how motivated he was to succeed.

If that meeting did not go well, Levy then lines up a replacement, and pulls the plug. Very simple.

th

upload_2019-11-19_22-55-2.jpeg

sorry couldn’t resist that one.

Back