• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

It is his only glaring mistake. Would love to know the real reason why. I would also like to know whether Lamela would’ve played instead had he been available.

I'd have played lo celso instead if Lamela wasn't available.

It's not a bad position to introduce him in and you can pretty well guarantee he would have put a better shift in.

Would have even put Sissoko out there ahead of Eriksen, Robertson would have had to work hard just to see the ball

Not really sold on Pochs line up/set up, but can see logic in it.

The glaring mistake being, as you say, expecting anything from Eriksen other than what we got - on a position that was essential (and was always going to be)

Last edited:
He sent him out to man mark the best left back in the Premier League.
He simply doesnt have the skillset to do that even on his best days 2-3 years ago.
Not to man mark I agree. But is he incapable of closing the space? He just took up a completely ineffective position time and time again. At one point I saw him lose his man then point to another player to mark the man he just lost! I don't understand why he wasn't subbed sooner. He was beyond brick today.

The sad thing is this guy has bags of talent, not like some of the brick we have seen down the lane over the years. I don't get how his form can fall through the floor just because he doesn't get a move. He is letting down a manager who has nurtured his career has he no respect? He is either a special kind of sulky snowflake or there is something deep going down in his personal life. Either way he should be no where near the first team.

It is his only glaring mistake. Would love to know the real reason why. I would also like to know whether Lamela would’ve played instead had he been available.
Mate I said it last season Lamela is just not reliable from the point of view of staying fit. I love him but we need him to be able to play a run of games, he is one of our senior players now.

Juve aren't on Chef Eriksen's preferred list, either, are they? Good luck with it, though, Chris. Do you think Zidane will have watched your efforts today and gone, "That's a player we need," do you?

Juve aren't on Chef Eriksen's preferred list, either, are they? Good luck with it, though, Chris. Do you think Zidane will have watched your efforts today and gone, "That's a player we need," do you?
Unless he has a vacancy for a guy to put out the cones in training. Or failing that be a cone in training.

It's hilarious that people blame this on Eriksen ..

Did anyone think he was going to have a good game today based on his last 9 months of form? Did we have absolutely no one else in the squad? really? I could have sworn we must be down to bare bones (for everyone's info, the only injury in the squad is Hugo, with Lamela precaution)

Not a single fudging person who has watched Spurs play in the last year would have picked him, far less the added joke of him and Dele.

Yet pages of bricking on the player .. fudging amazing how easy it is to distract from the person who actually picked him and kept him on until past the 83rd minute ...

Back