• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

FFS. SMH... What else can I use?

What has he done this season for you to have any faith in him? I’m sure he just lucked into Tuesday’s performance and it showed what he has previously done at the club that I was so easily swayed into wanting to trust him again, no more every game he is in charge now is a act of self harm on our part.

They fudging tried .. that's the hard part

- The plan was obvious, sit back, be compact, allow Pool to hit the long ball wide and defend in middle.
- They worked their ass off, effort wasn't issue

Issue was Dele (horribly out of form), Eriksen-sen-sen (whatever, mentally) and an inability to hold the ball to relieve pressure.

We got the luck of the gods to be in at HT with a lead.

A reasonable move would have been to get changes right at HT, or by 60 minutes, get Dele & eriksen off, N'dombele and Lucas in
Get 3rd sub on by 70 odd minutes just for the freshness ..

Instead, we watch the manager sit on his hands again and let the game go away from us ..

No doubt a bunch of people will blame the players, Eriksen specifically and mutter some flimflam about needing another 2 windows.

Look at the game when Lucas, Lo Celso and N'dombele were on and answer why the fudge weren't they on 20 minutes earlier and how the fudge Dele ended the game on pitch, please fudging tell me.

I wouldn’t blame the players much today or Poch - I thought in terms of effort and commitment we were good today. And the whole point of not playing the Rose’s and Toby’s is because they are supposedly not trying as hard, and keeping them away is the reason the commitment is back. But that clearly isn’t the case as today they played and we clearly fought hard.

I thought the online reaction of most Spurs fans when the line ups were announced was frankly embarrassing. ‘I’m not gonna watch’, ‘he’s trying to get sacked’, ‘5-0 defeat incoming’. Poch is clearly making decisions with information we don’t have and with the next 8 months in mind - not just the last few weeks. For one thing he can’t bomb out the players that are leaving if he still needs them and secondly, he is in a much better position to judge whether or not these players can be trusted. ‘It doesn’t matter if we win’...of course it does! He clearly would have made the call they could be trusted and would have been right.

We just need to look at the pattern of the game to understand what happened. We went up very early and were then drawn into defending that lead for the first half. Eriksen’s role became tracking Robertson which he did a good job of for the most part. If Son doesn’t hit the bar before they equalise this is a much different result, and it could have easily happened. We looked ‘better’ in the last 20 because Liverpool went 2-1 up and started to drop back themselves - it’s simply a pattern of the game thing. The fact that we competed is a positive, and it suggests to me we should get another couple of months out of the players that will leave at the end of the season. We kept it close and had good opportunities to score. We kept their front 3 relatively quiet.

Obviously gutting to lose but bigger picture, we are clearly going to be ok.

Some really gutless and myopic comments here.
And if I have offended you, don’t worry, you’ve already offended me far, far more.

I wouldn’t blame the players much today or Poch - I thought in terms of effort and commitment we were good today. And the whole point of not playing the Rose’s and Toby’s is because they are supposedly not trying as hard, and keeping them away is the reason the commitment is back. But that clearly isn’t the case as today they played and we clearly fought hard.

I thought the online reaction of most Spurs fans when the line ups were announced was frankly embarrassing. ‘I’m not gonna watch’, ‘he’s trying to get sacked’, ‘5-0 defeat incoming’. Poch is clearly making decisions with information we don’t have and with the next 8 months in mind - not just the last few weeks. For one thing he can’t bomb out the players that are leaving if he still needs them and secondly, he is in a much better position to judge whether or not these players can be trusted. ‘It doesn’t matter if we win’...of course it does! He clearly would have made the call they could be trusted and would have been right.

We just need to look at the pattern of the game to understand what happened. We went up very early and were then drawn into defending that lead for the first half. Eriksen’s role became tracking Robertson which he did a good job of for the most part. If Son doesn’t hit the bar before they equalise this is a much different result, and it could have easily happened. We looked ‘better’ in the last 20 because Liverpool went 2-1 up and started to drop back themselves - it’s simply a pattern of the game thing. The fact that we competed is a positive, and it suggests to me we should get another couple of months out of the players that will leave at the end of the season. We kept it close and had good opportunities to score. We kept their front 3 relatively quiet.

There's a lot of sense in that post but how on earth you can think Eriksen did anything other than terrible today is beyond me. He was shocking against Robertson. Absolutely abysmal.

Lost me at the first sentence... But as I can see the last sentence too, yeh.... clearly.

What does that even mean?

It means that at 1-2 down, Liverpool were sitting off and the game was in a different phase/shape than it was at 1-0 or even 1-1 when they were rolling in waves and every single player could not afford to switch off. There was a foul we should’ve had when they broke for the second. It was an unlucky sequence of events.

Where I have a question for him is Eriksen. I can only assume that Lamela being unavailable was the reason?

Changed that quickly from yes. My wife calls me a troll sometimes. I see it as a term of endearment so thanks you kind sir.

Well this one is on me. You’re wasting my fudging time with your incessant trolling negativity, but I am allowing it to happen. Thus begins another exercise for me...

Troll. Why not take a trip to Finsbury Park and see if you can find your ATV mates?
Tired and have work tomorrow mate. Plus when the wife is back I've got to go and get the tyres pumped up as the light has come on. She just called me to ask if I could do that when she gets back. Help her out you know? But you can go for me and high five them if you want. GHod bless you.

We played super negative .. that I can live with if you get the result.

But two questions, explain the subs and leaving Eriksen and Dele on?

I do not believe in rotating just to keep players happy, and if that were true how come Moura dies not get more minutes?

Back