• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT: Tottenham Hotspur v Victimpool

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
He was on the bench and by all accounts looked fine when he (finally) got on.

Pretty sure he could have played, and of that's the case - very sure he should have
Ndombele cannot start every game if we are to protect him from injury. The problem for me rests with Eriksen playing like an ar5ehole and lo Celso and Ndombele picking up injuries early in the season. What I would have liked to see was Poch taking off winks and Eriksen earlier as they were completely ineffectual. Thinks Winks is suffering a crisis of confidence whilst Eriksen is just a cnur.

He has been injured recently though so I am sure on that basis Poch is in a better place to judge how many games he can play.
He absolutely needs to start every single match unless intelligently rested. This was not the game to rest him for ffs.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Fapatalk

IMO Ndombele is not ready to play a full 95 minutes in this division against Liverpool away. He is getting there for sure, but not ready yet.

The manager won’t win with anyone here right now. So many predictable comments (I include mine too)...

I personally think it Lamela had been available we would not have seen Eriksen. I wish we hadn’t seen him; he was awful.

Again, take one of our several missed chances and we get a deserved point.

On another note, what a terrible display from Taylor. TAA should be off for the last 15, and his inconsistency/bias was glaring. Pen was about right, and makes a mockery of the ones Kane did not get against Newcash and Gooners (both were more egregious).

You can say that but in that example Eriksen semi tried. Ali didn't even do that. Eriksen was visibly poor in the defensive phase, Ali was invisible.

Eriksens terrible performance was probably more visible because of how Liverpool play (ie they channel so much through their full backs) but as dreadful as Alli was, I don't recall him being rode repeatedly by the same tactic and doing fudge all to stop it. Eriksen was shameful today.

Not hindsight. Poch has a tendency to introduce new signings over a over prolonged period. I said it at the time that I wanted to see him start earlier. I wasn't the only one who said it at the time. He also could have come back sooner from his holiday if we had desired.

It's also not really hindsight when we knew Eriksen wasn't going to sign a new contract and we didn't even start him in the first game of the season. So there was an understanding from Poch that he didn't to follow an alternative path yet the guy he bought in he left unused. You may say that's nothing to do with the issue, but if you don't try your new options can you be surprised when your reoccurring issues reoccur?

He had a couple of weeks training at a different club in a foreign country and then transfered last minute of the window to us - he was always going to miss the first few games. There's nothing else to say.

That's nice. Unfortunately you don't work for them though do you.

No.
Fortunately for the listeners in all fairness.
Is Poch to blame for anything else today? Brexit? Lack of Brexit? State of lunch last week? The dirt on the platform at Neasden station? While you’re at it, why not blame him for global warming too.

IMO Ndombele is not ready to play a full 95 minutes in this division against Liverpool away. He is getting there for sure, but not ready yet.

The manager won’t win with anyone here right now. So many predictable comments (I include mine too)...

I personally think it Lamela had been available we would not have seen Eriksen. I wish we hadn’t seen him; he was awful.

Again, take one of our several missed chances and we get a deserved point.

On another note, what a terrible display from Taylor. TAA should be off for the last 15, and his inconsistency/bias was glaring. Pen was about right, and makes a mockery of the ones Kane did not get against Newcash and Gooners (both were more egregious).
You say that but neither is the Winks/Sissoko pairing. Please note that we did indeed lose the game and had little no midfield presence so as much as you think Ndombele isn't ready for 95 minutes he really could have done worse than what we did have out there. Then you look at how he played when he came on and you have to say to that nope no way could he have done worse.

Exactly, Dele is horribly out of form, Eriksen was at least doing his run around a bit thing.

When you have 25% possession, players will be exhausted, but hey, lets save the subs .. make sense

Dele has only really ever been good at one thing and thats playing as a second striker and ghosting into the box to get goals.

He shouldn’t really play in games like this as he offers next to nothing playing deeper. At least the days of him trying nutmeg everyone when playing that role are over but nonetheless he shouldn’t start such a game when the tactic is to sit deep.

Dele can be good again but only when he has the second striker role in a 4231 formation.

I think we would have been better going with the midfield I suggested today of:

Lo Celso, Sissoko, Ndombele
Lamela, Son

Lamela was obviously injured but I would have replaced him with Lucas or Eriksen and would have subsequently subbed Eriksen had I started with him after what we saw today!

Then in most games I would pick:

Sissoko, Ndombele
Lo Celso, Dele, Son

You then have Dele playing his old role of second striker in that team and have the options of Dier, Winks, Lamela, Lucas where desired.

I agree thats it time to put Eriksen to one side. Unlike Dele he was playing in a role he is accustomed to and should have therefore done a lot more. Plus we have plenty of other options, including a ready made replacement, so whilst he continues play as this current level he should be removed from the 18.

Also he has opted to leave the club on a free in his peak years, which I think is greedy and out of order.

He absolutely needs to start every single match unless intelligently rested. This was not the game to rest him for ffs.

This is where fans need to accept that we do not know everything, outside of match day. Poch does not want to start Eriksen I am clear about that. But he is likely to be receiving medical data on recovery times between games which we do not have access to. Especially for a player who has recently suffered a musculoskeletal injury.

You say that but neither is the Winks/Sissoko pairing. Please note that we did indeed lose the game and had little no midfield presence so as much as you think Ndombele isn't ready for 95 minutes he really could have done worse than what we did have out there. Then you look at how he played when he came on and you have to say to that nope no way could he have done worse.

He was excellent when he came on. I think the details earlier in the game were so immense he might not have been ready for them. I think in a few months he will be fully prepared. My opinion only obviously.

There is little doubt that in Fabinho they have an exceptional ball-winner/dominator.

I personally would’ve found any way not to play Eriksen, and would love to know why he played him. But I am not about to slag Poch off tonight. Besides, there are plenty who cannot wait to!

Winks and Eriksen were the problem today and Dele is still playing himself back into form. If you are carrying 3 players against Liverpool you are going to struggle to maintain possession. The big question for me is why the form of Dele and Winks is so poor.

He was excellent when he came on. I think the details earlier in the game were so immense he might not have been ready for them. I think in a few months he will be fully prepared. My opinion only obviously.

There is little doubt that in Fabinho they have an exceptional ball-winner/dominator.

I personally would’ve found any way not to play Eriksen, and would love to know why he played him. But I am not about to slag Poch off tonight. Besides, there are plenty who cannot wait to!
I think Eriksen played because he hoped he could be a creative outlet given how lacking in creativity we were against Watford. Unfortunately Eriksen is playing like an ar5ehole.

Winks and Eriksen were the problem today and Dele is still playing himself back into form. If you are carrying 3 players against Liverpool you are going to struggle to maintain possession. The big question for me is why the form of Dele and Winks is so poor.
What did winks do wrong today???

Eriksens terrible performance was probably more visible because of how Liverpool play (ie they channel so much through their full backs) but as dreadful as Alli was, I don't recall him being rode repeatedly by the same tactic and doing fudge all to stop it. Eriksen was shameful today.
He really was .. watching him was like watching a gonzo movie

If Ndombele is really not ready to play a full game he should at least be starting and subbed after 60-75 min, it’s better to start strong and manage fitness later.
Are you a physio or sports scientist? Genuine question. I am not and have no idea how to manage injuries. But my amateur brain suggests keeping him to the second half means more muscle recovery time.

Lots of non Spurs fans saying how obviously bad his bias was towards Pool today

Back