• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Some european team ***

I dont want to be saying sack the Manager, but I think it has to happen.

Out of one cup already.
No chance of winning the league
How long do you leave it before Top 4 becomes an uphill struggle and we cant afford to drop out of the CL

Yes, he has done an amazing job, but he cant rest on his CL final appearance
I think someone said two games earlier.
That seems fair.
This is exactly when a really good manager earns their crust Vs a good coach and builder.
Fergie had humiliating dips like this - but they are not what he is remembered for. He is remembered for fixing them, kicking ass along the way and making the big calls. He had favourites.....but he also knew when they were no longer worthy of being a favourite.

It's time for Poch to manage. Let's see if he can.

That match definitely had a stink of the Sherwood about it.

I've not seen a proper manager outclassed like that in a while.

I’ve just watched the highlights. One thing I will say is, literally every thing they hit went in, we’ve probably given up more chances than that in other games and not lost like that.

There is nothing Poch can do about the defenders/midfielders passing the ball to the oppo and them then drilling it in the corners.

But that doesn’t discount the fact his systems appear to be falling short.

That seems fair.
This is exactly when a really good manager earns their crust Vs a good coach and builder.
Fergie had humiliating dips like this - but they are not what he is remembered for. He is remembered for fixing them, kicking ass along the way and making the big calls. He had favourites.....but he also knew when they were no longer worthy of being a favourite.

Sir Alex only oversaw performances like that when his players were literally drunk.

That seems fair.

The players were playing for him Saturday. Only when they’ve downed tools would I consider replacing him. Tonight wasn’t downing tools imo, it was shoddy play and great finishing.

The players were playing for him Saturday. Only when they’ve downed tools would I consider replacing him. Tonight wasn’t downing tools imo, it was shoddy play and great finishing.
Durie is out for me on that - yes the weekend was alot better, but was that the outlier? It's not like it's one game we are talking about here,it's been all season.

Brighton at the weekend needs to be a spanking good performance.

I would tempted to freshen up and get Tanganga and Parrot involved. It's moments like these that can often get the freedom to youth to replace the old guard

Just seen Bayern XG was 2.1. Ours was 1.4+1 pen. Can’t have been too many times that a team have scored 7 from an XG of around 2.

I’ve just watched the highlights. One thing I will say is, literally every thing they hit went in, we’ve probably given up more chances than that in other games and not lost like that.

There is nothing Poch can do about the defenders/midfielders passing the ball to the oppo and them then drilling it in the corners.

But that doesn’t discount the fact his systems appear to be falling short.

All the chances City missed Bayern scored, sometimes it goes like that.

Durie is out for me on that - yes the weekend was alot better, but was that the outlier? It's not like it's one game we are talking about here,it's been all season.

Brighton at the weekend needs to be a spanking good performance.

I would tempted to freshen up and get Tanganga and Parrot involved. It's moments like these that can often get the freedom to youth to replace the old guard

Palace was good. We were then probably 1cm from winning away at a decent Leicester. We then saw off Southampton with 10 men. Before those 3 we got a point away to Arsenal. 7pts in the last 4 league games which included trips to Arsenal and Leic is proof that the players are playing for Poch imo.

I have no issue with a changed up side Sat. Get Lamela back in, maybe Dier.

Palace was good. We were then probably 1cm from winning away at a decent Leicester. We then saw off Southampton with 10 men. Before those 3 we got a point away to Arsenal. 7pts in the last 4 league games which included trips to Arsenal and Leic is proof that the players are playing for Poch imo.

I have no issue with a changed up side Sat. Get Lamela back in, maybe Dier.
Have to agree to disagree here I think.
But 7pts in 4 games sounds 2003 to me

My point was it doesn’t show a loss of changing room. 2 tough away games, a 10 man win, and a 4-0 win.

I think this is good perspective. We should be keeping this.

I agree with the notion that everything they hit went in - they finished really well. And every single mistake we made was punished. But there were some stupid ones.

Can’t do much about the first goal. We seem to have a problem clearing the ball in this formation but Lewa’s finish was awesome for the second. I think on clearing, the players need to be concentrating better, they need to know when is better to clear, when is better to hold, when is better to pass it out. We seem to be making the wrong call routinely on minute 44 and it’s harming us. They need to get in the zone.

The second half goals though, yes Bayern finished well but it was like we totally lost our heads. I can’t remember which goal it was, but the one where Winks receives the ball from defence, has loads of space to turn into midfield but almost instinctively knocks it back to Jan for no reason. He gives it back to Winks who then tries to turn into total traffic, loses the ball and they score. Winks could have avoided that by not going backwards when he didn’t need to - it’s the wrong decision again.

Toby giving the ball away - lazy and terrible. Aurier seemed to be out of position and lost his man to a simple ball over the top for another. And for the last part of the second half we completely disintegrated as a team. Nothing in defence, nothing joined up in attack. Terrible.

I’m not sure what the answer is. A new bomb squad? Get Toby out, replace with Sanchez? Get Rose out, replace with Davies and then Sess? Problem with this idea is that I think Rose has been one of the players still genuinely trying his hardest and not letting his performances slip. Toby before tonight the same. It’s Winks making some silly mistakes, so it isn’t always the players you think want to leave that are causing this issue. There is some sort of disconnect though and I’m not sure what it is. Kane seems to have gone from strength to strength, Sissoko has maintained his level, Lamela has played well and Dele looked good tonight. Tanguay for the time he had looked really good. We have talent here, we have players keeping their level high, but it’s a lack of concentration and disjointedness in the wrong moments. Whatever the answer is, I don’t know.

I will say, I still back Poch 100%. He comes on TV and I just trust him as a leader. If the feeling is the players need a new voice, that it’s the same old sessions, well tough. The players are looking for a route out and contracts are running down. We back Poch, we have to. He’s the one that’s staying. And he’s just a talent. A proper leader. He says the right things. He’s calm when he needs to be. In the face of something as horrible as this, I still believe he’s the guy to make it better.

Back