• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

Funny, you used to be the pessimist in the lot.

Serious question, outside of getting us to this level, what do you see from Poch that says he has any ability to turn this around?

Because loyalty/backing requires some intuition or semblance of logic that backs the play? I'm struggling to see that now.

Poch v2.0 isn’t the same as 1.0, if we could appoint v1.0 right now I’d celebrate like we actually won something, Poch 2.0 will never turn this round.

This is my issue with our current situation.

I want Poch to be the one to turn it around. He's earned our patience and is clearly talented. But he keeps seeing the same thing and responding with the same incorrect solution. I don't know how many times it needs to be wrong before he sees it.

that’s where I was a few weeks back, but I think he doesn’t want to be here anymore

this is only going one way

I want Poch to be the one to turn it around. He's earned our patience and is clearly talented. But he keeps seeing the same thing and responding with the same incorrect solution. I don't know how many times it needs to be wrong before he sees it.

And every time he gives an interview he basically says we're going to carry on as we are and 'be brave'.

A few of us and I remember Scara being one of them have tried to point out our decline over the last 18 months but were repeatedly told we making it up, it was circumstantial etc.

In fact it's been clear to see. I remember watching the Watford away game after we beat Utd (where the diamond worked to a degree) and being worried for the future. Our performances in this formation are as bad now as they was then.

The players have forgotten how to do the basics and all the tactics in the world wont save you if you keep making stupid errors...

Poch appears to not see these anymore and it is time for him to go..

And every time he gives an interview he basically says we're going to carry on as we are and 'be brave'.

A few of us and I remember Scara being one of them have tried to point out our decline over the last 18 months but were repeatedly told we making it up, it was circumstantial etc.

In fact it's been clear to see. I remember watching the Watford away game after we beat Utd (where the diamond worked to a degree) and being worried for the future. Our performances in this formation are as bad now as they was then.

he wasn’t very brave when he was stropping about the transfers on the eve if the season

I was keeping relatively calm because a lot of people were talking about Poch's "air raid" setup as being borne of necessity. That he had created it as a workaround for having no midfield.

He has a midfield now, and he persists.

he wasn’t very brave when he was stropping about the transfers on the eve if the season

This is where someone will tell you not to read into his press conferences as he's a cross between Confucius and Freud and it's all part of his games with the media.

Simeone earns 25m a year, mate. At Atletico - a side dear to his heart, with a rebuild underway and in desperate need of some stability to see it through.

They're also a club willing to spend 120m on a 19 year old, which we will probably never do.

In contrast, Poch earns 10M a year here, and that's the highest we've ever paid a manager. And our overhaul will not be allowed to be as expensive as Atletico's was.

I think Simeone is a pipe-dream. Mourinho might be desperate enough to bite, though, if the club really did do something stupid (imo) and sack the best thing that's happened to us in 25 years.

Yes your more than probably right and I’m to emotionally drained to begin a cordial tinkling contest with you...

It was very tempting I must admit to ask this board...are you all feeling ‘hoodwinked’ yet! ????

And please everyone, I say that in gallows humour, as that comment by myself I have to concede was farcical even by my own drama queen esqe standards!

I love spurs and all of you on here (even @nayenezgani and just feel very sad at what’s occurred.

It’s brick, we’re brick, and we are all suffering!

If Poch stays though mate his Xmas card is going straight in the green bin !

No ifs or Nicky Butts!

Funny, you used to be the pessimist in the lot.

Serious question, outside of getting us to this level, what do you see from Poch that says he has any ability to turn this around?

Because loyalty/backing requires some intuition or semblance of logic that backs the play? I'm struggling to see that now.

In terms of your question, I don't know if he has what it takes to turn it around. He keeps making stupid choices, is too loyal to past-it players and is growing tiresome with his b*tching in press-conferences and his subsequent 'I've been misquoted' schtick.

But I know there is a manager in him who out-thinks the finest coaches in Europe when on form - who brings passion, belief and steel to a spineless club in the doldrums. Who makes fans believe again, and players believe again. And who tried his hardest to change us, almost single-handedly - to the point where people thought we were a normal club for a while, instead of legendary bottlers.

In short, I remember all the good he's done, I guess. And I'm not willing to let him go without giving him a chance to bring them back, yet again.

I don’t think you are alone, he has to want to turn it around.

I’m honestly not seeing anything more than a manager going through the motions.

Yes your more than probably right and I’m to emotionally drained to begin a cordial tinkling contest with you...

It was very tempting I must admit to ask this board...are you all feeling ‘hoodwinked’ yet! ????

And please everyone, I say that in gallows humour, as that comment by myself I have to concede was farcical even by my own drama queen esqe standards!

I love spurs and all of you on here (even @nayenezgani and just feel very sad at what’s occurred.

It’s brick, we’re brick, and we are all suffering!

If Poch stays though mate his Xmas card is going straight in the green bin !

No ifs or Nicky Butts!

My answer is the same now as it was then

- last season Poch deserved whatever slack we gave him, he earned it
- it wasn't that people couldn't/didn't see issues, it was that we had a manager that deserved the opportunity to get a fit squad and try to address.

I actually don't think Poch's problem is tactics (even if it manifests itself that way)

His problem is his success model is based on emotion (his energy) and this group buy in and somewhere along the way, he has lost his own buy in .. and the team knows it
Add on weird selection and the stubbornness (that is usually the final nail in all good managers), and here you are ...

- it wasn't that people couldn't/didn't see issues, it was that we had a manager that deserved the opportunity to get a fit squad and try to address.

I actually don't think Poch's problem is tactics (even if it manifests itself that way)

His problem is his success model is based on emotion (his energy) and this group buy in and somewhere along the way, he has lost his own buy in .. and the team knows it
Add on weird selection and the stubbornness (that is usually the final nail in all good managers), and here you are ...

Therein lies the problem. You can lead (for a time) based on emotion but managing takes a calm and calculating head. When that emotional drive starts running out there needs to be something of substance behind it.

Relax your replies to my rage full vents were always measured and got me questioning my beliefs.

As you said ‘not the time for I told you so’

In any case people have sound reasons for patience and perseverance for a manager I too fell in love with. I respect that.

Yet obviously I felt differently and more than ever I feel things are too far gone.

I don’t think this can be turned around, I just feel his tenure has reached its natural conclusion.

I think poch’s Biggest problem is Poch at the moment, I think our own selves is always the most dangerous opponent we face in life, more and more seem to have thoughts aligned to my own that he’s lost the plot!

harsh - leadership is tough and sometimes a gamble is needed. I think the bigger problem is square pegs and round holes. it is a shared problem for the committee that includes poch.

but when poch starts to isolate himself from that committee, he is also asking for the sack by levy's standards. however I think levy has everything sorted. tonight's result is one nail in the coffin. things could move fast from here.
Therein lies the problem. You can lead (for a time) based on emotion but managing takes a calm and calculating head. When that emotional drive starts running out there needs to be something of substance behind it.

Sent from my SM-T835 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

agree we know poch had lots to learn. he did do go up a few rungs up the managerial career ladder.
it's a natural situation but levy will decide if it's a conclusion.

Relax your replies to my rage full vents were always measured and got me questioning my beliefs.

As you said ‘not the time for I told you so’

In any case people have sound reasons for patience and perseverance for a manager I too fell in love with. I respect that.

Yet obviously I felt differently and more than ever I feel things are too far gone.

I don’t think this can be turned around, I just feel his tenure has reached its natural conclusion.

I think poch’s Biggest problem is Poch at the moment, I think our own selves is always the most dangerous opponent we face in life, more and more seem to have thoughts aligned to my own that he’s lost the plot!

Sent from my SM-T835 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Poch can absolutely turn this around. It is because of his standards over the past few years that we are now not happy with inferior performances. Neither is he. He needs to refocus and return a stronger and more imposing team. He needs time to do that.

Poch can absolutely turn this around. It is because of his standards over the past few years that we are now not happy with inferior performances. Neither is he. He needs to refocus and return a stronger and more imposing team. He needs time to do that.

this isn’t new, we’ve been phoning it in for 18 months and he’s let that go

he sidelined Adebayor and Kaboul for dipping just below the line, the current lot have sunk a mile below

Back