• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tanguy Ndombele

Ironic that this guy apparently isnt up to speed yet we was celebrating the fact we actually got him in nice and early for pre season:D

Like Bedfordspurs I saw him dominate Man Citys midfield, and he has definitely shown in glimpses this guy has that special something....

It shows that for some players it can take time to adapt and for some.... well it just clicks

Showed some glimpses of what he can do, which I found very exciting.

Not bad over all, but watching him my over riding feeling was "I cant wait until he is up to speed"
I'm not saying that I think he is a poor player or that he won't get up to where we want him to be but I didn't see anything from N'Dombele on Saturday that had me excited. I didn't see him do anything that Sissoko didn't do (and I saw a lot more from Sissoko defensively). I thought our midfield on Saturday had Lamela and Sissoko as the best performers, Winks next and then N'Dombele quite a way behind Winks. At present I don't think he deserves a starting place in the team. I'd rather have Eriksen or Ali in ahead of him.

I'm not saying that I think he is a poor player or that he won't get up to where we want him to be but I didn't see anything from N'Dombele on Saturday that had me excited. I didn't see him do anything that Sissoko didn't do (and I saw a lot more from Sissoko defensively). I thought our midfield on Saturday had Lamela and Sissoko as the best performers, Winks next and then N'Dombele quite a way behind Winks. At present I don't think he deserves a starting place in the team. I'd rather have Eriksen or Ali in ahead of him.

If nothing about watching a player like Ndombele excites you, then I don't know what you're watching. He can do things very few players in his position can do. We just need to be patient.

There were a few times in possession he had me genuinely exciting, some turns, runs, passes...

Glimpses of what can be, and to be honest glimpses of what we miss with Sissoko playing, things he just isnt capable of.

As I say, I suspect if you watched the game again your opinion on him would likely change some.

If nothing about watching a player like Ndombele excites you, then I don't know what you're watching. He can do things very few players in his position can do. We just need to be patient.
I was excited when watching him play for Lyon in the CL last season but not when watching him play for us on Saturday, I saw nothing out of the ordinary.... and that’s even if I ignore the occasions when he was lethargic at best in picking up his opponents run when we were out of possession.

I was excited when watching him play for Lyon in the CL last season but not when watching him play for us on Saturday, I saw nothing out of the ordinary.... and that’s even if I ignore the occasions when he was lethargic at best in picking up his opponents run when we were out of possession.

Well if you watched him play for Lyon, you're aware of what he is capable of. I don't think anyone was suggesting he played well against Leicester. But surely it makes sense to look at his body of work when talking about being excited about a player. One game isn't really a big enough sample (and actually he also did some fairly outrageous things in that game, despite not playing well).

Bloody hell are some actually questioning this guy, only 22 played less then a handful of games for us while trying to adapt to a much harder games here then he is used to. Supporters :(

Bloody hell are some actually questioning this guy, only 22 played less then a handful of games for us while trying to adapt to a much harder games here then he is used to. Supporters :(
In a team that is lacking harmony and hasn't had a consistent line up or formation since he joined.
And he has looked perfectly acceptable and certainly better than many that have been here for a long time

A mixed bag for me. He showed a lot of what we want to see, he got out of tight spots all over the field and showed up in some real promising positions. On the downside, he took risks in places he shouldn't have and got caught out on a couple of occassions.

Back