• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

GHod bless Britain

Your slur ? Right there.

To suggest that you're somehow the only one who understands that all humans are scumbags and will kill each other for power and resources shows quite breathtaking arrogance imo, especially considering that some of us come from these countries where people bomb and kill each other.

Coupled with the audacity that I am "arrogant", for saying something I didn't ("the only one who understands...")

As I said, I am not going to debate the subject in hand with you, when you cannot debate without going ad hominen about me ("arrogant", making up things I didn't say) or yourself (with a background, appearently, from some of the places in topic).

I was perfectly civil. You were not. You chose to blow steam over your perception of my character and over things you alleged me to say, which I did not.

What matters is rational arguments. Back and forth.

You want to talk about us. I don't want to talk about us. So that's where it ends for me and why I am not taking further part in it.

BTW regarding the UN ?

I see after excelling after making classic genocidal countries like Sudan and Libya sit in their human rights commision, they have now found a state leader spearheading "tourism".

Robert Mugabe.

How people can still defend that bunch of retards as rational, well-meaning world leaders is beyond me.

Seriously? Mental

I've been on this board, through various different forms for maybe about 8 or 9 years now. Random was previously about education, with genuinely different political views and interesting discussion between very intelligent individuals.

Now, its mostly the same small group of individuals, commenting on the same narrow range of topics, coming to the same conclusion and patting each other on the back.

The word you're looking for is boring.

Totally agree with that, despite the fact that im a right winger and it seems that right wingers are more vocal on this site these days. It was far better when the likes of you and milo were more active in topics. I changed my opinon on several things because of what i read on here especailly after things milo wrote.

Because of some of the things he wrote in a thread a few years ago i have sworn never to go to dubai or any country where the immgrant work force are treated as badly as the indians are out there.

I think this website may take a swing back to the left when the economy improves and when the tories start to make more mistakes as they are bound to. This site went to the right like a lot of the country after a **** up by labour. When the tories **** up as they will(are, regarding europe) this site will move back to the left.

If you really believe YOUR parrtys representatives are more honest then other partys representatives then they really have done a job on you, they are all out for what they can get for themselves.

Lol. How fudging clear do I need to be?? All politicians are out for why they can get. Tories are just up front about it. Labour politicians, recent example Ken Livingston, preach about taxing the rich efc and then try to avoid tax. They are ****s.

Your slur ? Right there.

Coupled with the audacity that I am "arrogant", for saying something I didn't ("the only one who understands...")

As I said, I am not going to debate the subject in hand with you, when you cannot debate without going ad hominen about me ("arrogant", making up things I didn't say) or yourself (with a background, appearently, from some of the places in topic).

I was perfectly civil. You were not. You chose to blow steam over your perception of my character and over things you alleged me to say, which I did not.

What matters is rational arguments. Back and forth.

You want to talk about us. I don't want to talk about us. So that's where it ends for me and why I am not taking further part in it.

As I said, don't accuse me of ad hominem when the majority of your arguments in this thread have revolved around straw man arguments. I was civil, as I was with the other people I debated with, none of whom have accused me of lacking civility and none of whom have done anything other than argue the topic at hand with me.

My comments about 'us' were a few words in many hundreds that I wrote. If you do not want to answer the points that I make, merely repeating over and over again that violence is not the West's fault, that is more than fine. If you want to leave the conversation, that is more than fine. But please do not do so while putting words in my mouth and accusing me of saying and doing things that I did not.

Totally agree with that, despite the fact that im a right winger and it seems that right wingers are more vocal on this site these days. It was far better when the likes of you and milo were more active in topics. I changed my opinon on several things because of what i read on here especailly after things milo wrote.

Because of some of the things he wrote in a thread a few years ago i have sworn never to go to dubai or any country where the immgrant work force are treated as badly as the indians are out there.

I think this website may take a swing back to the left when the economy improves and when the tories start to make more mistakes as they are bound to. This site went to the right like a lot of the country after a **** up by labour. When the tories **** up as they will(are, regarding europe) this site will move back to the left.

Very possibly mate, you make good points, especially regarding Europe. Cameron seems to be haemorrhaging voters to UKIP over his decisions on that topic.

Its funny, I don't even consider you a right winger, maybe because you're so rational ;) haha and are willing to provide different views from the other end of the spectrum rather than just towing the party line on all issues. If I'm not offending by saying so 8-[ . Maybe an independent centrist?

I'm with you on that one mate. Especially Saudi, they treat other Arabs, South Asians and South East Asians as if they're scum. Taking it back slightly on topic, a mentality borne out of a lack of democracy!

I do long for the good old days of Clarky, Milo, Cyclone, Snowball etc. More varied views, some very intelligent individuals and a place to genuinely educate yourself. Not that there wasn't also a whole load of other topics to be discussed....

Maybe I should do a thread soon on why I think austerity as quickly as the Tories have done it is wrong, why we need to look at why our society produces criminals rather than seeking to simply punish them, why we need to improve our social mobility and then sign off as 'bleeding heart liberal'. That will get the blood boiling on this site again. ;)

[Disclaimer: Some of the above views may not be my true views, before I start the third world war on here]

Lol. How fudging clear do I need to be?? All politicians are out for why they can get. Tories are just up front about it. Labour politicians, recent example Ken Livingston, preach about taxing the rich efc and then try to avoid tax. They are ****s.

You have made one thing clear, that Tories are up front about being in for what they can get out it and that Labour are doing in behind everyone backs ( except yours of course as you can see their skullduggery) . The mind boggles.

As I said, don't accuse me of ad hominem when the majority of your arguments in this thread have revolved around straw man arguments. I was civil, as I was with the other people I debated with, none of whom have accused me of lacking civility and none of whom have done anything other than argue the topic at hand with me.

My comments about 'us' were a few words in many hundreds that I wrote. If you do not want to answer the points that I make, merely repeating over and over again that violence is not the West's fault, that is more than fine. If you want to leave the conversation, that is more than fine. But please do not do so while putting words in my mouth and accusing me of saying and doing things that I did not.

You first accused me of not being civil to you. You accused me of saying things ("the only ones") which I did not do.

Get your chronology straight and stop acting a victim. You're not.

Your slur doesn't become less severe, just because you wrap it up in text with a high lix number and put yourself in a victim position.

Seriously? Mental

Yes.

Again, just the latest in a long, long line of mind-boggling administrator of "international obligations", which everyone would have us believe is the right thing, the humane thing, the progresssive thing and just for the best of all of us to believe in.

The UN is a lot of things. But progressive, humane let alone rational ain't one of them.

You first accused me of not being civil to you. You accused me of saying things ("the only ones") which I did not do.

Get your chronology straight and stop acting a victim. You're not.

Your slur doesn't become less severe, just because you wrap it up in text with a high lix number and put yourself in a victim position.

The only one was obviously a clear exaggeration. What you actually said was

It's just that certain people, including posters on this board, can't have it. They won't hear of it. If I mention it they will try to steer conversation away from it.

My example with Sudan is paramount.

Why is it important ? Because it proves, that slaughtering each other for ressources, land, moral values or even no good reason at all isn't an invention of western society.

It's just human. Everyone does it. Some excel better than others, sadly.

However it's a dangerous truth for people hellbent to project their own oikophobia onto the rest of us.

You're not the only one. But you're one of the enlightened who understands the situation fully, not one of the certain people, including posters on this board, who just can't have it. The dangerous truth.

I never said I was a victim. Though of course you were the one who so condescendingly congratulated me for apparently proving your point earlier. I do not see myself as a victim, in this thread or any other, as I do not go around telling people to play the ball and accusing others of attacking me. I air my views. Someone else does likewise. We progress without name calling , pretending we're under attack or that we're victims. This is how 99.9% of my conversations on this board progress.

My 'slur' against your background, reading back on it, was putting out the possibility that you do not originate from a war torn country. This was not even really implied, seeing as all I said was that telling people about violence in other areas seems strange considering that some of us (ie the people you're telling) come from these kinds of areas.

Forgive me for the truly terrible insult.

I'm talking to an American on Skype about our countries' differing national pride. Do you know the one thing that disgusts me about this country? The fact that everyone is so patriotic.

We need to really change our approach to the American approach. Here everyone takes being British for granted and all they fudging well do is complain about it and talk as if we're the worst country in the Western world. In American schools you have to sing the national anthem everyday. Why don't we do that here?! Most kids in our schools don't even know the words. In American schools they teach you about what it means to be British and they teach you patriotic history. We hardly teach any patriotic history here. It's not like we haven't got much to boast about. Also in America you will see a Stars and Stripes wherever you go - here seeing one is nearly a rarity.

The worst part is I go to a Jewish school where patriotism is extremely frowned upon. I'm a massive patriot, yet wherever you go in my school there's a fudging Israel flag but not a Union Jack to be seen! On Israel's Independence Day you're encouraged to wear an Israel flag as a cape, but if you ever did that with a Union Jack you'd probably get told off. They give us endless assemblies that we sometimes even miss lessons for highlighting Israel's achievements which is always finished with Hatikvah (the Israeli National Anthem) being sung, but never have we ever been taught about how the state THAT FUNDS THE SCHOOL should be glorified and never have we sung GHod Save The Queen at my school unfortunately. In American Jewish schools they teach you to be Zionist and Patriotic. Here it's only Zionism.

To all you who complain about the UK and talk about wanting to leave: get out because you're really what makes this country bad.

I truly believe the UK is the greatest nation on earth. If I didn't I wouldnt feel passionate about trying to change it for the better. We have the proudest legacy in the world in terms of science and culture, unparalleled.

Here here

Long live the Queen

WE ARE fudging AWESOME

Our tiny island has turned out to be the GREATEST nation on Earth

I think a new thread to celebrate our greatness in pictures is required

Back