• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Victimpool FC - Klopp leaving, grown men crying

I think they're prepared to accept top 6 next season, but there must be clear signs that they're 'moving in the right direction' for a manager to avoid the sack. With the squad they have that's not looking likely. 6th maybe, but significant improvements? Nah.

The opportunistic ones would see a nice fat payoff once they're sacked (only idiots would sign a contract without it) or they might even do just enough to get another year. No problem getting a new job next summer, but if you're happy where you are: STAY PUT!

Pay off might be attractive if you're approaching the end of your career but not early on necessarily; I would also imagine that FSG wont be putting a manager on a 4 year deal!!

The key for someone like Martinez is whether he thinks he'll be able to get a better role in 12 - 24 months time. I'm not sure that he will as his reputation is high at the moment and if he loses a couple players this summer they might struggle next year

Or equally likely was that FSG told Martinez that top 4 was the minimum requirement (in line with the former Liverpool CEO saying last week that this was the min which FSG wanted) and Martinez told FSG that it would like take 3-4 years min and huge investment to get a top 4 spot. If they had that sort of conversation I can understand why Martinez and FSg would be thinking twice about him going there

I really cant see why anyone would take the Liverpool job when they're effectively told that they need to finish top 4 or will be out of work. They have no realistic chance of finishing top 4 next year unless they spend ?ú50m-?ú100m this summer and spend it very very well

I think this is a good point. There are several potential problems with the Liverpool job at the moment.

1. Expectations, like you say.

2. Transfer funds, like you also say.

3. Their management structure, rumoured to be built on an American model, giving a new manager more of a head coach role that I think fairly few managers will be comfortable accepting.

4. The seemingly high chance of failure. This could seriously hurt the reputation of (particularly) a younger manager, a potentially large pay off if sacked might not be enough to off set this.

5. The competition, if their target is in fact a top 4 spot withing 1-2 seasons then their new manager will most likely be up against us, Chelsea and Arsenal for 3rd and 4th seeing as the Manchester clubs are likely to stay securely at the top for a while. Not going to be easy.

(6. The squad)

Pay off might be attractive if you're approaching the end of your career but not early on necessarily; I would also imagine that FSG wont be putting a manager on a 4 year deal!!

The key for someone like Martinez is whether he thinks he'll be able to get a better role in 12 - 24 months time. I'm not sure that he will as his reputation is high at the moment and if he loses a couple players this summer they might struggle next year

He could move to Villa right now if he wanted to, but I think he should wait another year. Show he can do a little more than the usual last ditch sprint over the line. Not sure what clubs are likely to need a new manager in the near future though.

Everton - Moyes won't be sacked. Only if he moved to a bigger club.
Saudi Sportswashing Machine - Ashley must be thrilled with Pardew. Would take a disastrous season to get sacked.
Sunderland - O'Neill is safe for another couple of seasons at least.
Villa - Not a mid table side anymore and needs major investment, which isn't going to happen.
Fulham - Jol have them doing as well as they ever have since coming up.
Stoke - Pulis has this one for life.
QPR - If Hughes invests well, but fail to make them perform, then maybe.
West Brom - Happy to survive. Looks like they're going for Hughton.
Norwich would be a step down.

Given that that bloody shambles of a squad hounded out Hodgson, a manager in his 60s who has managed at Inter, I really would be interested to see how they reacted to a "nobody" coming in and managing their team.

For Martinez the natural progression might be to Villa. For Rodgers Spurs would a good fit maybe in a year or so. Both men are sensible enough not to derail their careers with liverpool. I think Rafa back might be their move.

The scousers have been screaming for Rafa all the way, but how would he feel knowing he's their 15th choice? He'll demand full control over everything and that's something FSG won't give.

Swansea say reports that Brendan Rodgers will meet #LFC bosses to talk about Anfield vacancy are "pure speculation".

The scousers have been screaming for Rafa all the way, but how would he feel knowing he's their 15th choice? He'll demand full control over everything and that's something FSG won't give.

Yeah you are right on this.

Is the LVG thing 100% definite yet?

Anyone considering taking the Liverpool job needs their head read given that expectations of what can be achieved in the short-term are vastly out of kilter with the quality of their squad.

The longer this drags on for them the more difficult its going to be for them to have a decent transfer window

Anyone considering taking the Liverpool job needs their head read given that expectations of what can be achieved in the short-term are vastly out of kilter with the quality of their squad.

The longer this drags on for them the more difficult its going to be for them to have a decent transfer window

I've not really heard of them being interested in many people.. That said i've not really heard much about players wanting to leave either..

Given that that bloody shambles of a squad hounded out Hodgson, a manager in his 60s who has managed at Inter, I really would be interested to see how they reacted to a "nobody" coming in and managing their team.

it was nothing against Hodgson, its just the fans demanded King Kenny be given the job at all costs. The guy coming in now doesnt have this shadow over his head so the fans have nowhere else to turn than supporting the new man

it was nothing against Hodgson, its just the fans demanded King Kenny be given the job at all costs. The guy coming in now doesnt have this shadow over his head so the fans have nowhere else to turn than supporting the new man

Not in the slightest mate, the players wouldn't react to him, nothing to do with the fans.

Not in the slightest mate, the players wouldn't react to him, nothing to do with the fans.

The fans turned against him the moment he was hired, partly because he replaced Benitez, partly because he was the choice of probably their least popular owners ever and partly because they didn't rate him.

It seems that the Liverpool dressing room was quite divided, some of the players reportedly wanted rid of Benitez, they were probably happy with Hodgson, but others were reportedly unhappy with the sacking of Benitez and were unhappy with Hodgson from the beginning. Hodgson and Liverpool was just the wrong man at the wrong time all round. Quite hilariously so...

what players? Liverpool dont have world class stars who would demand a big name world class manager.....if anything, the Liverpool squad is full of average players who are actually desperate for anyone to come in and provide a bit of stability

They just didn't think Hodgson could handle a big club. This time it's Rafa or bust. They would be willing to accept Guardiola or Mourinho .

They just didn't think Hodgson could handle a big club. This time it's Rafa or bust. They would be willing to accept Guardiola or Mourinho .

Rafa or bust for who? the fans or the players or both....because if it was the players then again i dont see how thats possible as the current squad is full of players signed after Benitez left, so it not as though there is any sentimentality amongst them and they are harking after their old boss

yes, there is a big amount of fans who want Benitez back, but id say it 50 50 if phone ins and forums are anything to go by.

Back