• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

Sokratis put two hands on him and shoved him. How much clearer can it be? If Sokaratis shaped up with a shoulder to shoulder there, it is nothing. Instead he is clumsy. And gets away with it.

Not enough to force Kane to the ground like that. He’s a big strong guy and the way he went to ground was completely unnatural. Why not just stay on your feet and try and feed the pass to Lo Celso? He’s not the only forward who does it but to me that’s not a foul. Sanchez often puts his hands on forwards and shoves them but not every shove/contact is a foul.

I ask the question again, if Aubameyang goes to ground like that after “contact” and they win a penalty do you honestly think people on here would say it was a penalty?

I forget who it was but someone from their side essentially dived in the box during a corner after Vertonghen had his hands on him. Again, no penalty for me.

Not enough to force Kane to the ground like that. He’s a big strong guy and the way he went to ground was completely unnatural. Why not just stay on your feet and try and feed the pass to Lo Celso? He’s not the only forward who does it but to me that’s not a foul. Sanchez often puts his hands on forwards and shoves them but not every shove/contact is a foul.

I ask the question again, if Aubameyang goes to ground like that after “contact” and they win a penalty do you honestly think people on here would say it was a penalty?

I forget who it was but someone from their side essentially dived in the box during a corner after Vertonghen had his hands on him. Again, no penalty for me.
There’s footage of last seasons penalty at Wembley in the match thread where Aubayaeng dived for the pen in the last minute. It was less than half the contact of Kane’s one yesterday yet I seem to remember arguing with a few people on here who thought it was still a pen. I believe the pundits at the time said it was “soft” but could see why it was given as well.

For me neither are pens, but every other team seems to get these decisions so why are we / Kane immune to it? That’s two weeks running now, although the Saudi Sportswashing Machine one was much clearer.

Difficult to blame the ref when you see the way Kane went down. Was definitely a foul but his fall looked unnatural, like he decided after the shove that he needed to go down to make sure the ref knew.

What I don't get is Souness and Redknapp saying the shove wasn't enough to give a penalty. It was a clear shove, full stop. Enough to put Kane off balance. As Kane himself said, that happens on the halfway line and its a fk every time.

But here's the rub: A foul is a foul is a foul wherever it happens. If it happens inside the box then if anything it's MORE important to penalise it, not less, because it is preventing a real goal scoring opportunity.

The fact that refs don't give those inside the box is the reason they happen so often. Defenders know they can get away with it so they keep on doing it.

If you put hands on a player or shove them in the box, you are playing margins. Sokratis got away with clumsiness yesterday. The press have turned it into something. Sky were disgraceful post-match, appalling. The whole thing is a giant farce. Again, more than enough there to give a pen, regardless of slowing up or not.

Did VAR think it was a penalty? because if they did not it means they are wrong or a lot of fans are. Glad they ( Var) are making the game better. :rolleyes:

No. I think all of us argued exactly the same point after last season's game at Wembley where Aubameyang was awarded a penalty for a pretty much identical situation (with far less contact from Sanchez than Kane had from Sokratis). So far this season I think we are level par on penalty decisions (we should've been awarded one against Saudi Sportswashing Machine and should've had one awarded against us against Emirates Marketing Project). I have no problem with the decision yesterday, just as long as that decision is consistently applied for both us and our opponents this season.

If you put hands on a player or shove them in the box, you are playing margins. Sokratis got away with clumsiness yesterday. The press have turned it into something. Sky were disgraceful post-match, appalling. The whole thing is a giant farce. Again, more than enough there to give a pen, regardless of slowing up or not.

I agree putting your hands on a player on the box is risky but it’s also a contact sport and not all contact is a foul and not all contact is enough to cause someone to fall the way that Kane did. It just looked manufactured to me and unnatural.

I’m fine with the press coverage. Incidents like that are always going to cause debate. The likes of Kane, Vardy and Salah have all won questionable penalties so people will often be cautious when they are involved in incidents like the one yesterday.

What’s your opinion Vardy for example? Do you think he dives?

Did VAR think it was a penalty? because if they did not it means they are wrong or a lot of fans are. Glad they ( Var) are making the game better. :rolleyes:

VAR only overules obvious mistakes, if the ref saw the incident, it is unlikely to interfere. It is the same as the penalty we should have got the week before. If you are arguing for VAR referees to be given more power to make penalty decisions, I would agree with you.

Was right in front of me and I said straight away thats not a pen. Havent watched it back yet but didnt look like anywhere near enough contact to make Harry fall like he did

Aubamayang did do it to us. Last season at Wembley.
Absolutely not comparable! Auba was just tackled from behind and it was a clear pen.
What Kane did is the same as running past the defender, but as you go past, you throw out the leg and catch the defender, to make it look like a foul. It's cheating and tryong to construct a foul out of something that's not a foul.

Absolutely not comparable! Auba was just tackled from behind and it was a clear pen.
What Kane did is the same as running past the defender, but as you go past, you throw out the leg and catch the defender, to make it look like a foul. It's cheating and tryong to construct a foul out of something that's not a foul.
Nah their very comparable

Both were exaggerated falls after minor contact. Only difference is that Kane was felled by someone using 2 hands and exaggerated whereas Aubameyang was touched by one hand a possibly a touch in his legs

Their penalty that day was on cited that wouldn’t have been given under VAR

I agree putting your hands on a player on the box is risky but it’s also a contact sport and not all contact is a foul and not all contact is enough to cause someone to fall the way that Kane did. It just looked manufactured to me and unnatural.

I’m fine with the press coverage. Incidents like that are always going to cause debate. The likes of Kane, Vardy and Ham Salad have all won questionable penalties so people will often be cautious when they are involved in incidents like the one yesterday.

What’s your opinion Vardy for example? Do you think he dives?

Yes it is a contact sport, and I have not even commented on the body clash/legs because that is up for debate. Putting two hands on a player and shoving them is -to me- nothing to do with playing the ball or incidental contact. It is what it says on the tin. There is no reason for Sokratis to be so clumsy and oafish!

Vardy? I cannot say I watch Leicester enough to be appalled or otherwise by his penalty box movement. Salah looks for contact and if you’re stupid you make it. The goal he scored against us last season at Anfield was all about that; try and tackle me if you can, but if you miss and tap my ankle instead, down I will go.

This “Kane diver” thing is on the verge of lunacy IMO. Like when he said he touched the ball for a goal; next thing it was a national fudging crisis.

For me it could easily have been a pen. It wasn’t given. Whatever. Onwards. Except not really sadly...

Dear GHod...

Are you on a wind up?

Back