• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

**OMT Tottenham Hotspur vs Arsenal***

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It seems in the heat of the moment I was also wrong about this.

I thank you both for putting the record straight.
No dramas. I found these in the garage before the game so blaming it on the 1 day out of date cider.

IMG-20190901-WA0022.jpeg IMG-20190901-WA0022.jpeg

Now onto this be for ethe wife and the boy comes home to make a bigger dingdong out of myself.

IMG-20190901-WA0034.jpeg IMG-20190901-WA0036.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG-20190901-WA0024.jpeg
    IMG-20190901-WA0024.jpeg
    424.3 KB · Views: 7
Shame to only draw, but I think I’m finally getting what Poch is doing this season.

This diamond is the new thing. We’re still working it through, and there’s probably a process we need to go through to get the team settled with it - I will assume getting the shape right before starting to mix up the movements within it - but Poch is clearly seeing this is one of the ways we will go and he is trying to get it set to be an innovator in the league, in the same way that the pressing was an innovation or in the way that 343 was an innovation from Conte. I think he is seeing that if most teams are going to a 433 or 4231, this is a way to exploit that.

We’re still working out the kinks, and I think it will be telling if we managed to do well with it in games we are expected to win. But I think it is no surprise we have got good points at the Etihad and Emirates and I think with less injuries / Lo Celso and Sessegnon fit and in the team we could well have won it.

I will say, it’s going to take fans getting used to the idea of us giving up possession. We’re going to have to get comfortable with Neville saying we’re under the cosh when in reality we’re not intending to be a possession side a lot of the time. But there is a plan, after today I can really see it and see the logic in it.

And I think we have a squad nicely set up to work it. Kane / Moura / Son / Parrott up front. Dele and Lamela in behind with Lo Celso and Eriksen able to play there. N’Dombele, Sissoko, Sessegnon, Skipp in the middle with Winks and Dier at the base and able to play further up. It’s looking ok, we just need the players fit and to work out the kinks in the system.

But we’re gonna be alright. After Poch’s press conference, getting Eriksen and JV in the team today, a solid performance, we have a plan, we’re gonna be ok, and will be up there again come the end of the season.

Reliable. Hmm. Is there any other goalie in the PL whose distribution approaches 2019 edition Hugo’s for suicidality?

FWIW that looked to me like a clear improvement on our last two games, and getting the band back together at CB is a huge relief.

His kicking is perfectly reliable, it’s suicidal every single time, always has been.

I think they’re on directives to not make it like the WC where they looked at everything. They might as well not have it basically.

Shame to only draw, but I think I’m finally getting what Poch is doing this season.

This diamond is the new thing. We’re still working it through, and there’s probably a process we need to go through to get the team settled with it - I will assume getting the shape right before starting to mix up the movements within it - but Poch is clearly seeing this is one of the ways we will go and he is trying to get it set to be an innovator in the league, in the same way that the pressing was an innovation or in the way that 343 was an innovation from Conte. I think he is seeing that if most teams are going to a 433 or 4231, this is a way to exploit that.

We’re still working out the kinks, and I think it will be telling if we managed to do well with it in games we are expected to win. But I think it is no surprise we have got good points at the Etihad and Emirates and I think with less injuries / Lo Celso and Sessegnon fit and in the team we could well have won it.

I will say, it’s going to take fans getting used to the idea of us giving up possession. We’re going to have to get comfortable with Neville saying we’re under the cosh when in reality we’re not intending to be a possession side a lot of the time. But there is a plan, after today I can really see it and see the logic in it.

And I think we have a squad nicely set up to work it. Kane / Moura / Son / Parrott up front. Dele and Lamela in behind with Lo Celso and Eriksen able to play there. N’Dombele, Sissoko, Sessegnon, Skipp in the middle with Winks and Dier at the base and able to play further up. It’s looking ok, we just need the players fit and to work out the kinks in the system.

But we’re gonna be alright. After Poch’s press conference, getting Eriksen and JV in the team today, a solid performance, we have a plan, we’re gonna be ok, and will be up there again come the end of the season.

Pep has used it during the last two years at times and was the first manager I've seen use it before we did last season.

The diamond works ok when we’re under the cosh. 2 on the break with a support act behind. I get it. When teams are camped like Saudi Sportswashing Machine last week we have to go 4231 I think so that we have high attacking width.

It's not though.

Like last week, he anticipates contact and moves into the defender to then throw himself the the floor. These are not penalties. He's not impeded. It's cheating. He needs to stop doing it. He doesn't need to do it.

Today is more open to interpretation but the one last week was a rugby tackle, just without the arms. Clear penalty.

Is Vertonghen out of contract next year? I thought he had an extra year? Not sure about Rose. But the pundits continue to say Vertonghen’s contract expires next summer.

Back