• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT - Tottenham Hotspur v Saudi Sportswashing Machine***

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just wading in to the aftermath now, is it helpful /productive to say I think we were actually lucky to have only lost by one goal?

With this kind of performance I feel there's a spurs optical illusion going on; how can it look like we have so few players in useful attacking positions yet when the opposition players break they have acres of space? It's quite something. Perhaps some players keep nipping off for a swift half at the beehive at these key points in the game and I keep missing them staggering on and off the pitch at various intervals.

I rarely post on here anymore, but I feel compelled to mention that the home support was an utter disgrace on Sunday. What's the point in having a stand with 17,500 people in it if they sit there and grumble instead of getting behind the team? I appreciate some people don't want to sing, which is fine, but there are plenty who will sing when we're winning and will be silent at any other time, except the final whistle, when they boo.

I've supported us through some dark times and I can take abject performances from the team/manager, but the showing from our 'support' on Sunday made me embarrassed to be a Spurs fan.

I rarely post on here anymore, but I feel compelled to mention that the home support was an utter disgrace on Sunday. What's the point in having a stand with 17,500 people in it if they sit there and grumble instead of getting behind the team? I appreciate some people don't want to sing, which is fine, but there are plenty who will sing when we're winning and will be silent at any other time, except the final whistle, when they boo.

I've supported us through some dark times and I can take abject performances from the team/manager, but the showing from our 'support' on Sunday made me embarrassed to be a Spurs fan.
Personally think it was a massive mistake putting @GinolaGinolaGinola in charge of stadium support :(

It amazes me that anybody thought that the atmosphere was going to improve in general run of the mill games at the new stadium tbh, it had been getting worse and worse at the old lane for the best part of a decade with only a couple of blocks in the park lane and shelf side creating anything regularly, the increase capacity and upward spiral of the club was only ever going to attract the new breed of fan who are there for the day out.

No different to WHL on days where the team puts in such a performance imho

Seemed to be loads of day trippers there on sunday. i know a lot of regulars near me were away and i saw hundreds stumbling around looking for their seat holding a bit of paper. But also we just played terribly

Just wading in to the aftermath now, is it helpful /productive to say I think we were actually lucky to have only lost by one goal?

With this kind of performance I feel there's a spurs optical illusion going on; how can it look like we have so few players in useful attacking positions yet when the opposition players break they have acres of space? It's quite something. Perhaps some players keep nipping off for a swift half at the beehive at these key points in the game and I keep missing them staggering on and off the pitch at various intervals.

We comfortably won the xg and should've had a pen, so hard to agree with that. Not saying we were great, but we deserved to win, and would've on a "normal" day.

We comfortably won the xg and should've had a pen, so hard to agree with that. Not saying we were great, but we deserved to win, and would've on a "normal" day.

Aww dammit, must have missed the "winning the xg comfortably" trophy ceremony completely!

There was a counter in the first half where Saudi Sportswashing Machine essentially had two players free in the box, just needed squaring across and Lloris made 1 very good save. Even if it was a pen they still should have won by 2 goals. I honestly can't see how someone would think we deserved to win that game based on the performance.

Our xG was brick, probably what I’m most angry about, 1.2 iirc, against a side like Saudi Sportswashing Machine it should be up around 4.

Really annoyed with this defeat. Never thought we would lose to a bottom team like Saudi Sportswashing Machine at home. After the draw with Emirates Marketing Project away, thought we would get a convincing win over Saudi Sportswashing Machine. Instead, we played poorly again and deserved to lose this match. Our attacked looked toothless while our defence conceded another soft goal. We still had 3 chances to score but Kane and Moura wasted them.

All our attacking players were poor in this match. We didn't create many chances and wasted all the chances we created. Kane was poor again and wasted a golden chance to score late in the match. But the biggest culprit was Moura who had 2 open goal scoring chances but shot both of them wide. Son had a shot saved but was poor other than that. Lamela had a poor game but thought it was a mistake to replace him early in the second half. With Eriksen coming on, Lamela should have stayed on to help our attack. Pochettino should have taken off Winks or Sissoko and kept Lamela on. Lo Celso still doesn't look ready for the PL as he didn't have much impact after coming on.

Our midfield had a poor match. With Sissoko and Winks starting in midfield, we didn't have much creativity in midfield to help our attack. Sissoko didn't have his usual runs to help our attack. Still not convinced of Winks as he failed to help our midfield much. I think we missed Ndombele in midfield. Too bad Ndombele got injured after playing just 2 matches for us.

Our defence conceded another poor goal. Alderweireld and Sanchez went missing as they had all the time in the world to score their goal. This match shows yet again that our defence becomes poor whenever the error-prone Sanchez starts in defence. We badly need Alderweireld and Vertonghen back in defence. Maybe Lloris could have reacted faster for their goal as well. Other than that, Lloris didn't have much to do in the game.

Something is not right with this team. We could have lost all 3 matches this season. Almost all the players look dispirited and demotivated. Maybe they are still depressed about losing the CL final. Or maybe something else is bothering the team. But looking at our poor performances, it seems we are still not ready for this season. We don't even look motivated to celebrate our goals. All the players used to join in the goal celebrations before but this season only 3 or 4 players celebrate the goals while others just walk back or give a lame hand shake or pat on the back. Pochettino better do something to lift the players or it could get really ugly against Arsenal in our next match.

Just put myself through watching the first half again. I think it’s true that at time we were too safe and/or slow with our passing. But I also think that we didn’t use width well enough, to get behind them. (Which seems to be caused by an issue with team shape, and a lack of intent). But more than I remember, a big issue was also just a lack of quality in the final third IMO. Kane, Son, Lamela and Moura were all guilty of having an awful touch for the whole half, and there were quite a lot of times that they received the ball in decent positions in the final third and just fudged it up with a poor touch or pass.

Back