• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Goon Thread - Officially Second In A One Horse Race

So he is saying they didn't plan to back the manager this summer until they shipped four goals in a half. In other words they were planning to coast along as before.

When I saw the younger Kroenke making that comment I did think of the little dildo at West Ham. This nepotism lark is doing a lot of good in the PL. As well as Arsenal and West Ham, you have the troupe of little Glazers at United.

And despite all the fanfare, their summer business really isnt looking that good to me.

David Luiz is not strengthening ANY defence. Ever.

Pepe might be a massive talent, yet to be confirmed, but he strengthens an already high quality attack. So the actual benefit is negligible.

Ceballos looks good, so far, theres a reason I was keen for us to get him and annoyingly he is showing well for them. So far. And even if he is brilliant this
season, he isnt their player. They will be looking to replace him next summer having given him a years development on behalf of Madrid.

Saliba - no benefit at all this season. MAYBE later on. Kids 18 and not even managed 20 appearances yet, his career could be superstardom or could go right down the toilet.

Tierney - Seen very mixed reviews on him. Been linked with us a long time, so not in a "People who hate Arsenal" context. When linked to us I saw some saying he was the next big thing, others saying he is terrible defensively. I do know its not that often players come from the SPL and actually look the part. I do know he has had major injuries already, not sure if they are liable to impede him. I guess he could be an upgrade to them, but again - only time will tell.

On the flip side Ramsey is a MASSIVE loss to them. As is Iwobi, considering the games he got last year. As is Koscielny, who while I dont think is anything special - he was their best defender.

Saw today they might lose Mustafi as well. Again, not that he is any good - but he is still a loss to them.

I genuinely dont feel they are a better team this season. Not even a better squad. I fully expect them to be just as flaky as last year, just as poor at the back - and probably as poor in midfield (despite Ceballos potential, theyve got fudge all to play with/around him)

And despite all the fanfare, their summer business really isnt looking that good to me.

David Luiz is not strengthening ANY defence. Ever.

Pepe might be a massive talent, yet to be confirmed, but he strengthens an already high quality attack. So the actual benefit is negligible.

Ceballos looks good, so far, theres a reason I was keen for us to get him and annoyingly he is showing well for them. So far. And even if he is brilliant this
season, he isnt their player. They will be looking to replace him next summer having given him a years development on behalf of Madrid.

Saliba - no benefit at all this season. MAYBE later on. Kids 18 and not even managed 20 appearances yet, his career could be superstardom or could go right down the toilet.

Tierney - Seen very mixed reviews on him. Been linked with us a long time, so not in a "People who hate Arsenal" context. When linked to us I saw some saying he was the next big thing, others saying he is terrible defensively. I do know its not that often players come from the SPL and actually look the part. I do know he has had major injuries already, not sure if they are liable to impede him. I guess he could be an upgrade to them, but again - only time will tell.

On the flip side Ramsey is a MASSIVE loss to them. As is Iwobi, considering the games he got last year. As is Koscielny, who while I dont think is anything special - he was their best defender.

Saw today they might lose Mustafi as well. Again, not that he is any good - but he is still a loss to them.

I genuinely dont feel they are a better team this season. Not even a better squad. I fully expect them to be just as flaky as last year, just as poor at the back - and probably as poor in midfield (despite Ceballos potential, theyve got fudge all to play with/around him)

Just to add my thoughts

Tierney is very good. His injuries may hinder him but he was better than Robertson only a year ago IMO

Pepe.... he had a worst record than Gervinho (excluding pens) and we know what he was like. No big sides wanted him which says a lot for a £70m player

Ceballos looks class, but we need to see him against a decent midfield first

Salina... GHod knows. Not played at all to judge him anywhere and he could be something, who knows

Agree Ramsey is a huge loss. Scorer if important goals. Now they no goals from midfield looking at their line up it’s gonna hurt them in the important games IMO. But if pool play the hugh line this weekend they could capitalise on it

I fully expect Pool to batter them, with calls they be made champions already after their perfect start.

Or at the very least a "won 3 games in a row" trophy.

Mostly because Arsneals back line is an utter shambles, I cannot imagine them withstanding Liverpools high intensity opening.

Tierney is a weird one. Havent watched him myself, why anyone would watch Celtic is beyond me, but there seems to be really contradictory views on him.

Many, even from Scotland, saying he is terrible defensively and will be a liability at Arsenal (and in the EPL).

Many saying he is the real deal and theyve sorted their LB position for the next 10 years.

Usually opinions come broadly in line, but with him its not the case, that Ive seen at least.

I fully expect Pool to batter them, with calls they be made champions already after their perfect start.

Or at the very least a "won 3 games in a row" trophy.

Mostly because Arsneals back line is an utter shambles, I cannot imagine them withstanding Liverpools high intensity opening.

Tierney is a weird one. Havent watched him myself, why anyone would watch Celtic is beyond me, but there seems to be really contradictory views on him.

Many, even from Scotland, saying he is terrible defensively and will be a liability at Arsenal (and in the EPL).

Many saying he is the real deal and theyve sorted their LB position for the next 10 years.

Usually opinions come broadly in line, but with him its not the case, that Ive seen at least.

Pools high line could really hurt them

Could hurt Pool?

Arsenal will be too busy getting over run in midfield and at the back to really cause any trouble behind Pool IMO.

Of course any team that plays a high line can be exposed, but in this case I assume it would be infrequent and against the run of play.

Against Burnely their back 5 was Leno, Maitland-Niles (is he even a defender?), Papastathopoulos, Luiz and Monreal. With Guendouzi and Ceballos in front.

I cant think of any situation other than Liverpool tearing that to pieces.

Just to add my thoughts

Tierney is very good. His injuries may hinder him but he was better than Robertson only a year ago IMO

Pepe.... he had a worst record than Gervinho (excluding pens) and we know what he was like. No big sides wanted him which says a lot for a £70m player

Ceballos looks class, but we need to see him against a decent midfield first

Salina... GHod knows. Not played at all to judge him anywhere and he could be something, who knows

Agree Ramsey is a huge loss. Scorer if important goals. Now they no goals from midfield looking at their line up it’s gonna hurt them in the important games IMO. But if pool play the hugh line this weekend they could capitalise on it
Shifting Mustafi is a big plus.

"The penalty was the key to the game but it was very soft. If that is considered holding then I don’t think it was enough" according to Emery.

BatbpPhb

Everyone was bigging them up this week cos they beat Burnley and Saudi Sportswashing Machine by one goal. I think they will finish in the top 4 but we will have royally fecked up if we allow them to finish above us with their defence and that clown Luiz at the heart of it.

An ass clown wore one of those gawdawful shirts to an MLS match here in Toronto and got mercilessly mocked - 'they covered the shirts in 'Z's' because boring, boring Arsenal'.

Back