• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jan Vertonghen

feregw-528465.jpg

apparently Poch did this to Toby and Kieran beginning of last season, so...

They had just returned fron the World Cup.

I think Jan was maybe a couple of lbs over from his optimum weight and Poch is calling him out on it. He did the same thing with Kane before Kane really broke into the team. Nice to have a reminder to the squad.

I still completely fail to understand how that exercise by Rodgers was supposed to be productive.

All it did was let the team know early on what a bellend he is.

I’d like to know even what the theory behind it is, because I don’t get it either. Fergie did it in the 80s or early 90s right?

Is it supposed to make players think, if they believe they are in the envelope, that they will prove the Manager wrong? That’s the only thing I can see. If you don’t believe you’re in one of them, you’re just gonna think the whole exercise is stupid.

I’d like to know even what the theory behind it is, because I don’t get it either. Fergie did it in the 80s or early 90s right?

Is it supposed to make players think, if they believe they are in the envelope, that they will prove the Manager wrong? That’s the only thing I can see. If you don’t believe you’re in one of them, you’re just gonna think the whole exercise is stupid.

Something like that, I guess?

But its a very narrow chance of success, and a far greater chance of just tinkling people off.

"Ive already judged some of you to be failures" is a great opening message...

Whatever it is, it’s not anywhere near as ridiculous as Ramos coming in to tell Aaron Lennon he was overweight

Wasnt that Huddlestone? I mainly remember him stealing their ketchup!

Yeah that’s right.

I’m pretty sure that I remember reading in Ledley Kings book that more or less the whole squad got on the scales and we’re told they were overweight.

King said when Lennon went to get on the team were joking that he’d be to deemed to fat and were stunned/ in stitches when he was.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/f...ho-will-let-team-down-in-Being-Liverpool.html

Liverpool had a behind the scenes show about their season, almost as cringey as their Nivea ads.

One of the episodes had Rodgers pull out 3 envelopes, stating they held the names of players he knew would let them down that season.

In the clip, Rodgers says to his team: "When I arrived here, the first few days were analysing the group, the staff, the players.

"I think there’s three players who will let us down this year - the cause, the fight, everything. And I have written them down already.

"Now my point to you as players - and staff - is make sure you are not the one in the envelope, because you are so important.

"If we are going to achieve, to be the best we can, we need to be together. But I think there’s three, maximum, who will let us down. Make sure you’re not the one."

I feel like he’s just delivered the message wrong...make sure you’re not in the envelope? You’ve already written them down!!

If he said ‘if you think there’s a chance I’ve put your name in here, prove me wrong. Make sure I’m wrong.’ Then it makes way more sense.

Even then, what does it say to the group when you go "Ive already decided some of you are brick" !?

Fergie did it to ward against complacency after they had been successful, to keep up the good work.

Rodgers tried to do it without them being successful to start with as a motivational tool. Mental.

To be honest, if there's one player that needs pulling up on a minor piece of order, its Harvey White. There was a photo of him in the canteen last week eating a sandwich with a knife and fork. That's asking for bad ju ju

My mother made me cut a jam donought in half once in a happy eater in wood green. (Some time in the late 70s) she was a good woman but had ideas above her station. Her husband and both her son's are as common as muck. Had she still been alive she would have been horrified to know my bother died living on a houseboat.

Back