• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

But that was the exact point I was making dude, we would have made a loss last season but we would have sold him for more money than we did this summer but Levy wanted more money than we sold for this summer. And we also had to pay his wages for the past year.

I can't remember what we were offered last season, or even what we got for him this truth be told, but was he not on loan last season so we wouldn't have to pay his wages.

I can't remember what we were offered last season, or even what we got for him this truth be told, but was he not on loan last season so we wouldn't have to pay his wages.

No, he was not on loan and we did pay his wages last season. But he has gone now so I guess it is time to move on right.

No, he was not on loan and we did pay his wages last season. But he has gone now so I guess it is time to move on right.

So you want to quibble over what £7m loss on janssen but ignore the ball bursting or world record fees levy got Carrick, berbatov.,modric and bale? Yeah, with an argument like that I can see why you would want to move.

If you are a key player in your twenties I will offer you a new contract with 3 years to go if I want you to stay just as Levy did with Kane, Son and Dele. That gives him more than enough time to not only "look like signing" but to actually sign a new contract. Failing that I would sell him if necessary. And the good thing is unlike Gareth Bale at Madrid, Eriksen is probably only on £70K-80K so he would jump at signing for a club who can treble his wages and where he can challenge for titles.

He says he wants to move. The the only reason he has not is because the "right" team has not come in for him. I laughed at the beginning of the window when I heard of rumours of £80 - there was not a chance in hell of that happening, last summer maybe but not now. It really depends on how much we want for him and whether we would consider selling to rivals in this league. Man Utd for instance offered more money than Madrid for Bale but Levy did not want to sell him to a league rival.

You cannot sell a player that does not want to move. See one Mr Winston Bogarde if you want a severe example.

One year left, two, three - it matters not. A club doesnt get to say "You havent signed a contract (yet) so we are selling you!" and actually do it.

Not if the player says "Err, no thanks, Im quite happy as I am".

Also, really, your plan amounts to selling Eriksen two seasons ago. I mean come on, have a word with yourself.

Those fees were great but if he refuses to reinvest that money into the club by quibbling over fees paid we end either with no improvements.

I'm not saying throw caution to the wind but Levy has demonstrated on multiple occasions that he is stubborn enough to make the player side suffer from his intransigence.

If you really want to sign a player, sign that player with enough time that he can bed into the squad and maybe even get a preseason. It's not a controversial idea other than for Daniel levy.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Fapatalk

If you really want to sign a player, sign that player with enough time that he can bed into the squad and maybe even get a preseason. It's not a controversial idea other than for Daniel levy.

Thats not the full story though, is it?

If you really want to sign a player, to get that play in with enough time that he can bed into the squad, you need to pay significantly more money.

Money that we may not have. Or money that, if spent, means you cant do other business.

Those fees were great but if he refuses to reinvest that money into the club by quibbling over fees paid we end either with no improvements.

I'm not saying throw caution to the wind but Levy has demonstrated on multiple occasions that he is stubborn enough to make the player side suffer from his intransigence.

tottenham-stadium-March-3.jpg

Long game... we're not exactly struggling at the moment... we've just broken our tranfer record, entering our 4th successive season in the Champions League have one of the worlds best strikers who was born down the road.

We do sometimes need a little perspective, cast your mind back - if you can, to flirting with releagtion and having Iversen and Dozzell as our leading lights.

Sometimes you need to stop reading the map, lift your head up and enjoy the scenery...

Long game... we're not exactly struggling at the moment... we've just broken our tranfer record, entering our 4th successive season in the Champions League have one of the worlds best strikers who was born down the road.

We do sometimes need a little perspective, cast your mind back - if you can, to flirting with releagtion and having Iversen and Dozzell as our leading lights.

Sometimes you need to stop reading the map, lift your head up and enjoy the scenery...

Don't dis the Dozzell. :)

In all seriousness I think too many people only see the immediate here and now and forget how much this club has actually improved over the last few years.

You cannot sell a player that does not want to move. See one Mr Winston Bogarde if you want a severe example.

I agree totally. The thing is Eriksen has not indicated he does not want to move, on the contrary at the beginning of the summer, indeed some rumours say before the CL final, he actually told management it was time to move on. The problem with Eriksen is not that he does not want to move but rather there has not been a bid for him.

One year left, two, three - it matters not. A club doesnt get to say "You havent signed a contract (yet) so we are selling you!" and actually do it.

Not if the player says "Err, no thanks, Im quite happy as I am".

Theoretically you are indeed correct. But in this instance we are not talking about a player like Winston Bogarde or even Gareth Bale, players earning at the peak of their career. I am pretty sure that last summer if we made Eriksen available for transfer he would have jump at a move to a bigger club where he could treble his wages and win trophies.

Also, really, your plan amounts to selling Eriksen two seasons ago. I mean come on, have a word with yourself.

If I were chairman my plan A would have been to try and renew his contract at a higher rate and more regular. Correct me if I am wrong but unlike Kane and Dele, Eriksen has only signed one new contract since he joined us. I think the financial gulf in wages between him and Kane has not helped the situation. If however he did not want to sign a new contract as chairman I would have considered selling him last summer not two years ago.

And let me clarify, as a fan I could not give a rats arse whether he goes on a free or not.

Why would a player be open to moving with 2 years left on his contract if he has already decided to see it out in this manner?

I presume we are still talking about Eriksen right? Do you have any evidence to suggest Eriksen decided to see out his contract last summer? I only ask as he recently indicated that he is ready for a change

tottenham-stadium-March-3.jpg

I totally meant to write "playing side" not club. We lost 18 games season pricisely because the squad was not strong enough. We had one playmaker in Eriksen of whom everything hinges on. If he has an off day we struggle to create completely. Now he is a good player but no title changing side can rely on solely one creative player. If Eriksen were to suffer a extended injury our season would be borked even with the addition of Ndombele.

So it comes down to Levy's intentions. If he handicaps the coach he can't then complain and sack them when they are unable to continuly over perform because that is exactly what Poch has been doing.

I agree totally. The thing is Eriksen has not indicated he does not want to move, on the contrary at the beginning of the summer, indeed some rumours say before the CL final, he actually told management it was time to move on. The problem with Eriksen is not that he does not want to move but rather there has not been a bid for him.

If you want to follow that particular rabbit down the hole, it was reported that he wanted to move only to a specific couple of clubs, which drastically limits our market for him, doesnt it?

He also said he would be happy to stay if not. Presumably to see out his contract and move on an even bigger payday in the summer (pre contract in Jan?)

So, again, even though he has indicated a willingness to move on - its still not a simple thing to sell him.

Theoretically you are indeed correct. But in this instance we are not talking about a player like Winston Bogarde or even Gareth Bale, players earning at the peak of their career. I am pretty sure that last summer if we made Eriksen available for transfer he would have jump at a move to a bigger club where he could treble his wages and win trophies.

What if he had the foresight to wait a year, then quadruple his wages and get a £10m signing on bonus? Are you still sure he would have jumped at leaving?

Have a look at the Rabiot drama, and alleged demands, as an example.

We spent two years trying to sign him but he was determined to move on a free, and even then he priced himself out of moves.

If I were chairman my plan A would have been to try and renew his contract at a higher rate and more regular. Correct me if I am wrong but unlike Kane and Dele, Eriksen has only signed one new contract since he joined us. I think the financial gulf in wages between him and Kane has not helped the situation. If however he did not want to sign a new contract as chairman I would have considered selling him last summer not two years ago.

And let me clarify, as a fan I could not give a rats arse whether he goes on a free or not.

Plan A is EXACTLY what Levy does. Has done for years.

Problem with plan A is that it takes two to tango, and the other party needs to be willing to engage and sign. As per your example, clearly Kane and Dele are, and Eriksen never really has been.

And the crux is still, you would rather sell our best player (or one of our best) years ahead of time through fear of losing him.

You would write off having him perform for you, and write off the potential to have that time to get him to sign a deal, just on the off chance he isnt convinced at that point?

I strongly disagree with that approach.

I presume we are still talking about Eriksen right? Do you have any evidence to suggest Eriksen decided to see out his contract last summer? I only ask as he recently indicated that he is ready for a change

I was speaking in general, not specifically Eriksen.

That said, it appears all season that he had no intention of even sitting with us to discuss, so yes - I think its entirely possible he did decide a year ago he was done. Knowing full well this summer we would be forced to let him go cheaper - on the proviso one of his preferred clubs comes in for him.

Allegedly he already has an agreement in place with Madrid should they go for him.

I think it suggests this isnt a spontaneous thing.

I totally meant to write "playing side" not club. We lost 18 games season pricisely because the squad was not strong enough. We had one playmaker in Eriksen of whom everything hinges on. If he has an off day we struggle to create completely. Now he is a good player but no title changing side can rely on solely one creative player. If Eriksen were to suffer a extended injury our season would be borked even with the addition of Ndombele.

Actually I think Ndombele makes all the difference. He and the fact our players are fit and rested.

At the risk of derailing the thread, IMHO, almost all of last seasons woes stem from CM. Had we a proper CM I dont think we would have suffered anywhere near as badly as we did.

Actually I think Ndombele makes all the difference. He and the fact our players are fit and rested.

At the risk of derailing the thread, IMHO, almost all of last seasons woes stem from CM. Had we a proper CM I dont think we would have suffered anywhere near as badly as we did.

Hold on...

Are you saying that the fact that we hadn’t had our first 11 playing the latter stages of the WC this year will be a
positive

I mean pool who have been missing 4/5 players until this week have looked great preseason (sarcasm meant fully)

Hold on...

Are you saying that the fact that we hadn’t had our first 11 playing the latter stages of the WC this year will be a
positive

I mean pool who have been missing 4/5 players until this week have looked great preseason (sarcasm meant fully)

I know, crazy as it may be - and bear with me here, give it a minute to digest before responding - but thats exactly what Im saying.

Having our players actually rested, and prepared for the season, is indeed a positive thing! :eek:

I do agree 100% that our midfield was pretty awful last year and Ndombele will make a massive difference but again what if he doesn't quite hit the ground running or suffers and injury. We are back to the cumbersome centre midifeld we struggled with last year. As I said in anothr thread in an ideal world we would sign GLC and keep Eriksen because quality CM/ACM is what this team needs to take the step up.

Too many Spurs fans only want to look at the positives and not the complete picture. We just about qualified for the CL because Arsenal bottled it. That was because of the weak squad depth that suffered due to the WC. But the WC was not a surprise we knew the timing of it before the season started we knew which of our players would be playing. It is poor planning to say the WC affected us despite knowing that it was very very possible.

How can you say Eriksen has said he doesn't want to leave when he has, and yet claim poch wants to leave because he has a go at the press?

Are the same posters that have a go at people for defending poch the same ones that see Eriksen as the messiah that can do no wrong?

Back