• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ryan Sessegnon

He did?

I just assumed Fulham were playing hard ball with their only saleable asset. Same as last summer. They know he is the crown jewel and only real chance of a windfall.

As I understand it he is only just getting over his injury and back toward fitness.

I wonder if, when all is said and done, this is one of the reasons things are dragging out?

Well, that and Fulhams apparently silly evaluation of him.

In your defense, Parker usually featured the 360 degree pirouette when he played for us. I do wonder if the fact that Sessegnon said he wouldn’t sign a new deal meant Levy just decided he was going to wait Fulham out to drive down the price. Or am I being cynical?

I think thats exactly it.

Fulham say they want £45m, a completely unrealistic sum considering.
Levy is willing to pay £25m (reportedly) which isnt unfair.
He waits.
Fulham start to wonder if £25m is better than £0m when he leaves on a free in a seasons time...

I think its similar with Lo Celso.
Betis stumble into a big payday.
Set about using that impending windfall to strengthen the team (not unlike we did with Bale)
Replace Lo Celso, and buy other players, and line up a striker they want
And then say "we want £75m"
Levy isnt paying that when he knows they got Lo Celso for £22m
He also knows sooner or later they will face the decision of "Is £50m (for example) better than keeping the player and having to fund these transfers ourselves?"

Surely this one is dependent on Rose going and less about the fee? That’s my take on it anyway.

He may end up further forward, but would be cover for Davies, with KWP and Jan also able to fill in more than capably.

Surely this one is dependent on Rose going and less about the fee? That’s my take on it anyway.

He may end up further forward, but would be cover for Davies, with KWP and Jan also able to fill in more than capably.

I see Sessegnon as filling two roles, in that he can play LB but is just as likely to cover Son on the left wing so it's not imperative that Rose leaves.

He can play LB, and most press seems to indicate we see him as a replacement for Rose, but he is also a very good attacking player and I think we would bring him in regardless of Rose being here or not.

All fair points - I’m just thinking of the number of bods Poch likes to work with and he’d prefer an one in, one out scenario here to keep the squad lean.

We’ll see. It doesn’t feel like Rose is going anywhere domestically before the end of the deadline :( so we may well miss the boat here.

Who knows?

I think Poch wouldnt be against bringing Sessegnon in at all, I doubt a self imposed squad restriction would do it, for sure.

Also, given that it seems a matter of time before Rose moves on (be that this window or later), I think all the more reason to get someone like Sessegnon in...

Wouldn't have thought buying sessegnon is contingent on the sale of Rose. I see sessegnon's future as playing further up the pitch than LB. Plus with Poch's coaching he could become a superstar. Assuming we keep Eriksen, this is the only additional signing I am hoping we complete.

Him and Rose going up and down the left would be awesome and a big improvement on last season.

Back