• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Cycling thread

Not just the tour, he arrived in gaps that weren’t there in Tirreno - Adricato and Milan - San Remo too iirc.

He rode into a bollard in Adricato. Though I would agree he seemed to lose his bike handling skills as he got older and I would also agree with Mikey he bottled it, he said as much after the pathetically named tour de Yorkshire when he did not contend the sprints.

Was talking about it with a friend and we both said he should be going for the Olympics and the Maddison. He has 13 months to go, which is enough time to get himself in tip top condition, think the road is finished for him now.

As an aside I have tickets for the 6 day racing in London in October which if you have not been is an excellent night out, he should be there for that.

Is there still a chance Thomas could close the gap or is not looking likely now?
Alaphilipe is looking strong, but Ineos will certainly try. It's still possible. Gap isn't that big. One bad day for the Frenchman, and the lead is gone.
Makes for what should be an exciting last week.

The whole Julian Alaphilippe situation is implausible. Like 1995 Jalabert all over again. Still more believable than Froome's transformation though.
At least the French press are being questioning.
If it was a Brit the British cycling journos would be lapping it up like last year.

Other than Alaphilippe Pinot looks the strongest rider in the race and would be in charge if his team hadn't lost all that time on the crosswinds stage.

Back