• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tanguy Ndombele

wtf with this board?

our biggest signing ever creates a goal minutes into hi debut against Juve and his thread is languishing on pg2?

Fair point but there were a lot of good performances today especially from the kids, he did well though.

I hope we don’t get to sept and he is sitting on the bench as the manager is still trying to get him fully onboard with pooch ball.

OK guys please engage your brains and realise what I am saying here...

Ndombele looked INCREDIBLE on youtube, his ability to receive and turn and tackle and dribble, really fast feet, and he provided an assist within seconds of his first Spurs start and he did fine in the game and I was massively pleased we signed him early in the window and backed the manager etc. and I think he will go on to be brilliant for us, and he has hardly had a pre-season at all yet but...

I was a bit surprised by his pace/style of jogging around i.e. I am used to seeing Winks and Sissoko and Skipp pelting around at full pace like electric rabbits... Tanguy was more like yer da' jogging about and turning and ambling back and slowly tracking back... I was expecting a Kanté style scurrying frenetic sprint, but it was more of a loping "hey I'll get there when I get there guys" stride.

Maybe he will be more dynamic/frenetic after a few more Poch sessions after a summer of chilling. Maybe he doesn't need to press like a terrier because he plays differently, e.g. Dembele.

So I am NOT criticising the lad, I was just a bit surprised at how he jogged around. Do not kill me. I know it was his first few minutes. I know, OK!

Ndombele looked INCREDIBLE on youtube, his ability to receive and turn and tackle and dribble, really fast feet, and he provided an assist within seconds of his first Spurs start and he did fine in the game and I was massively pleased we signed him early in the window and backed the manager etc. and I think he will go on to be brilliant for us, and he has hardly had a pre-season at all yet but...

I was a bit surprised by his pace/style of jogging around i.e. I am used to seeing Winks and Sissoko and Skipp pelting around at full pace like electric rabbits... Tanguy was more like yer da' jogging about and turning and ambling back and slowly tracking back... I was expecting a Kanté style scurrying frenetic sprint, but it was more of a loping "hey I'll get there when I get there guys" stride.

Maybe he will be more dynamic/frenetic after a few more Poch sessions after a summer of chilling. Maybe he doesn't need to press like a terrier because he plays differently, e.g. Dembele.

So I am NOT criticising the lad, I was just a bit surprised at how he jogged around. Do not kill me. I know it was his first few minutes. I know, OK!

Calm down you scouser lol not match fit according to pochettino

Fair point, Winks is great. My thinking was that Wink's passing isn't quiet as aggressive but a lot of that could be down to the role he is being asked to fill.

Based on the game and his youtube stuff, I think he hits those passes "heavier" than Winks, to your point more aggressive.

I enjoyed his little cameo.

This was something that was brought up in a thread I read on reddit before we bought him. Lots of Lyon fans pointing out the fact that defensively he can look a bit lazy and not bothered. But his stats speak for themselves. Berbatov looked like a lazy clam as well, but could hold up an entire backline on his own regardless.

This was something that was bought up in a thread I read on reddit before we bought him. Lots of Lyon fans pointing out the fact that defensively he can look a bit lazy and not bothered. But his stats speak for themselves. Berbatov looked like a lazy clam as well, but could hold up an entire backline on his own regardless.
Berbs on his own v Bolton when we were down to 10 was superb. I think when he started he used to chase stuff down, then when he’d established himself and his quality he was either given allowance to be more static or his ego dictated it.

For some really technical players I think it’s better for the ball to come to them rather than seek it, I may be in a minority but I think Eriksen should cover less ground so he’d be in the right places to do more damage as a recipient of the ball higher up the pitch, ditto Kane who started dropping deeper last season.

Back