• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Bale. Could we? Would we? Should we?

I did not know that. Though, again, Im unsure what it proves. Does it prove Bale is actually really fit? Or that half the Real squad has injury problems?

The logic for me is simple. Bale is regarded as a world class player. As many a post in this very thread will attest, you dont leave talent like that on the bench. We know Bale has a history of injury problems. The number of games he starts correlate with this. Is it proof? For some, yes. For others, clearly, a more forensic investigation is required.

For me? Im past caring.

I believe Bale has injury problems, and I believe I have evidenced that (at least in part) and I believe thats something thats more than fair to take into consideration when there is talk of buying him (no doubt at extortionate cost).

You disagree? Absolutely fine with me. You agree? Fair enough. Either way Im pretty tired of going round in circles on what is really a small part of a bigger conversation.
I think it proves that Real Madrid have a very big squad and use that big squad to ensure lots of player rotation. You could probably also argue that it works for them reasonably well seeing as they get to and then win so many Champions League finals.

He's the worst, can't understand how he thinks it's okay to show his face in public after that last World Cup.
First of all, I don't even rate him in the top 10, no matter how many stepovers he can do. Up there with the Kakas in the high hype - low impact category. Secondly, when you can stand out as the biggest cheat on the biggest stage, in the only sport in the world where cheating is not only accepted but encouraged, you should know better than to act like he does without shame. I wish ill upon no man, but if that piece of cr*p were never to kick a ball professionally again, the sport and the world would be better off for it.

I'd love to see a Bale return, but the question I haven't seen answered yet is where people think he'll play?? For that kind of money / wage / stature, he's not going to be on the bench. So does that push Son back to a sub role (seems harsh)? Moura even further down the pecking order?

I guess at least he offers us a back up striker role!
Oh My word.....
Since when did the players salary dictate Poch's team selection??
That post is so incredible stupid, that I'm giving you the benifit of doubt that it was a joke.

Bayern makes sense, been saying that for ages.

Super power club, partial to taking Madrid cast offs, and have the squad space and wage budget now with James, Robben & Ribery all off.

Still would like him back though!

Yeah, pretty sure it's bayern. Ticks all the boxes for all parties.

Bayern makes sense, been saying that for ages.

Super power club, partial to taking Madrid cast offs, and have the squad space and wage budget now with James, Robben & Ribery all off.

Still would like him back though!
Yep and their special relationship they have in place together means they actually do get some of their players rather than just sell their best players to Real!

First of all, I don't even rate him in the top 10, no matter how many stepovers he can do. Up there with the Kakas in the high hype - low impact category. Secondly, when you can stand out as the biggest cheat on the biggest stage, in the only sport in the world where cheating is not only accepted but encouraged, you should know better than to act like he does without shame. I wish ill upon no man, but if that piece of cr*p were never to kick a ball professionally again, the sport and the world would be better off for it.

Kaka? He was the best attacking midfielder in the world before he went Real. The complete opposite of low impact.

Kaka? He was the best attacking midfielder in the world before he went Real. The complete opposite of low impact.
I wasn't talking about ability. Neymar is a great footballer when he wants to be. But that's not the point, I was talking about team with or without said player, seen against perceived value. As you said yourself, Kaka was the, quote, best attacking midfielder in the world. I never thought that when I saw him play, not even once, even if I recognized the hype.

"Low impact" is of course meant in relation to claims like "best in the world", not that he had NO impact or was an average footballer.

I wasn't talking about ability. Neymar is a great footballer when he wants to be. But that's not the point, I was talking about team with or without said player, seen against perceived value. As you said yourself, Kaka was the, quote, best attacking midfielder in the world. I never thought that when I saw him play, not even once, even if I recognized the hype.

"Low impact" is of course meant in relation to claims like "best in the world", not that he had NO impact or was an average footballer.

What about when he dismantled Utd in the Champions League? Kaka wasn't hyped to anything like Neymar is. Neymar's reputation and ability are quite far apart, he's nowhere near as good as the hype. If anything Kaka was underrated and hyped for how good he was.

What about when he dismantled Utd in the Champions League? Kaka wasn't hyped to anything like Neymar is. Neymar's reputation and ability are quite far apart, he's nowhere near as good as the hype. If anything Kaka was underrated and hyped for how good he was.

Agree 100%
Neymar just doesn’t stand out for me in anything other than his slightly Camp appearance
On the pitch he is above average but not the best
It’s helped him playing with some of the very best

Back