• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

There's a deal on the table, I might sign it, come and get me while I'm still cheap.
yeah, this does seem like a final cynical and desperate attempt to attract a buyer. Let's be clear, Eriksen has stated that he wants to go. It's like- 'think you can wait til next summer to get him on a free? ha! think again! :)'

yeah, this does seem like a final cynical and desperate attempt to attract a buyer. Let's be clear, Eriksen has stated that he wants to go. It's like- 'think you can wait til next summer to get him on a free? ha! think again! :)'
He hasn't said that he wants to go!!! The only thing he has said, that I have heard him say, and not something bent and twisted by a journo, is in the line of "I've been at Tottenham for a while, and if the right opportunity comes, I might be tempted to try something different."
That's fudging far from "I don't want to be here. I want to leave"

He hasn't said that he wants to go!!! The only thing he has said, that I have heard him say, and not something bent and twisted by a journo, is in the line of "I've been at Tottenham for a while, and if the right opportunity comes, I might be tempted to try something different."

Get with the system mate, he's a traitor to the badge. ;)

I’d be surprised if there was any movement until he’s back in the UK.

In my experience the decision to move jobs is made long before the act, bored people quit, he’s been here a while and if he stays it’s just going to me more of the same, title challenges and European cup finals.

Adrian Newey is a great example of this, twice he’s walked away from the dominant force in F1 to make things a bit more interesting, although, to be fair, in each case his new team became the dominant force for a while...

He’s coming and eriksen is also being offered a new contract.

Some would have thought there was ‘absolutely no chance of that happening’.

Others might even say that people suggesting so are ‘deluded’.
And I stand by that too. You think just because the Goat said that it's happening its actually happening? You're right some say these ones are deluded, and I think they could be right.

Oh wait you were talking about me.;)

Last edited:
He hasn't said that he wants to go!!! The only thing he at I have heard him say, and not something bent and twisted by a journo, is in the line of "I've been at Tottenham for a while, and if the right opportunity comes, I might be tempted to try something different."
Well to me that's exactly the same as saying "I want to leave." it's just a politer way of saying it in the public domain so that the fans don't turn against him, it also puts clubs on alert that he's available. Clever greedy clam.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....ttenham-exit-with-desire-to-try-something-new

"I feel that I am a place in my career where I might want to try something new," he told Danish publication Ekstrabladet.

"I have the wildest and deepest respect for everything that has happened in Tottenham, I won't be negative but I have also said that I would like to try something new."

Eriksen hopes his future can be resolved as soon as possible this summer but has not completely ruled out signing a new deal at Spurs.

"I hope there will be a clarification during the summer," he added. "That's the plan. In football you do not know when a clarification comes. It can happen anytime. Everyone wants it best if it happens as soon as possible, but in football things take time."

It depends on Daniel Levy and another club has to come. Or I have to sit down at the table and negotiate a new contract. You can't set a date yourself."

If Eriksen does end up leaving Tottenham during the summer, he insists it will only be to a club that provides a "step up" - such as Real Madrid.

"There are not many points that Tottenham cannot meet. If I have to go, then hopefully it will be a step up," he said.

"(Real Madrid) is a step up. But it requires Real Madrid to call Tottenham and say they want me. And they have not done so yet, as far as I know.

"It is hard. It depends on the possibilities. If nothing pops up that is more exciting, why not stay in Tottenham?"

Martin Schoots, who is Eriksen's agent, says Tottenham have known about Eriksen's desire to leave for some time.

"This is not a surprise for Spurs. Obviously we have talked about it earlier with the club," Schoots told Sky Sports News.

"Christian has been honest about his dreams. That's only to be appreciated, especially from such an altruistic player. The statistics don't lie."

I’m not sure how those comments can be interpreted other than “I want to leave” to be honest

Well to me that's exactly the same as saying "I want to leave." it's just a politer way of saying it in the public domain so that the fans don't turn against him, it also puts clubs on alert that he's available. Clever greedy clam.
And then I might ask, who isn't willing to consider swapping workplace, if something interesting becomes available?
Everyone is available, and whether you say it or not, is irrelevant, because everyone knows!

And then I might ask, who isn't willing to consider swapping workplace, if something interesting becomes available?
Everyone is available, and whether you say it or not, is irrelevant, because everyone knows!
Doesn't really work like that does it. There's a whole load of difference with someone bidding for Eriksen out of the blue, and Eriksen coming out and saying he wants to leave. Then 5 6 7 or whatever clubs are going to be on alert knowing that you have someone that doesn't want to be there and would jump at the chance of moving. Completely different to being headhunted.

Doesn't really work like that does it. There's a whole load of difference with someone bidding for Eriksen out of the blue, and Eriksen coming out and saying he wants to leave. Then 5 6 7 or whatever clubs are going to be on alert knowing that you have someone that doesn't want to be there and would jump at the chance of moving. Completely different to being headhunted.
And again. He hasn't said he wants to leave. Ffs, how hard is it?

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....ttenham-exit-with-desire-to-try-something-new

"I feel that I am a place in my career where I might want to try something new," he told Danish publication Ekstrabladet.

"I have the wildest and deepest respect for everything that has happened in Tottenham, I won't be negative but I have also said that I would like to try something new."

Eriksen hopes his future can be resolved as soon as possible this summer but has not completely ruled out signing a new deal at Spurs.

"I hope there will be a clarification during the summer," he added. "That's the plan. In football you do not know when a clarification comes. It can happen anytime. Everyone wants it best if it happens as soon as possible, but in football things take time."

It depends on Daniel Levy and another club has to come. Or I have to sit down at the table and negotiate a new contract. You can't set a date yourself."

If Eriksen does end up leaving Tottenham during the summer, he insists it will only be to a club that provides a "step up" - such as Real Madrid.

"There are not many points that Tottenham cannot meet. If I have to go, then hopefully it will be a step up," he said.

"(Real Madrid) is a step up. But it requires Real Madrid to call Tottenham and say they want me. And they have not done so yet, as far as I know.

"It is hard. It depends on the possibilities. If nothing pops up that is more exciting, why not stay in Tottenham?"

Martin Schoots, who is Eriksen's agent, says Tottenham have known about Eriksen's desire to leave for some time.

"This is not a surprise for Spurs. Obviously we have talked about it earlier with the club," Schoots told Sky Sports News.

"Christian has been honest about his dreams. That's only to be appreciated, especially from such an altruistic player. The statistics don't lie."

I’m not sure how those comments can be interpreted other than “I want to leave” to be honest
That is written by a journalist. I've HEARD him talk about it, but what he said was quite different from what is "quoted" here.

Back