• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

American politics

Not so sure about that. I think they're doing quite well at keeping most of the focus on policy and what they can do for the people if elected.

Starting an impeachment process is a double edged sword with a lot of unknowns. If you try to get him impeached and fail, which seems a fairly likely outcome given the state of the senate, you end up on the losing side of that in the perceptions of many. More "total exoneration"spin.

A lot of the voters the democrats need to get out to vote are fatigued with the entire thing I think. Attacking Trump quickly ends up being more noise. Health care, education, climate change, not running concentration camps, these issues are more likely to get people listening and voting I think.
These are all valid points, and I pretty much had the same opinion about a month or so back. But since then I have been persuaded by a few other opinions and I've come about face. One point that has been made, and it is by no means the most compelling argument - just a horrific prediction, is the absolute bedlam that will ensue if the election is called for a democrat and what happens directly after that. Those months between the election result and him leaving office will be dangerous. He won't go quietly. I think Trump is maneuvering to invalidate the election results if he loses.

One alternative approach I've read is that democrats can conduct an impeachment inquiry, and then render a verdict themselves (no referral to the Senate). As you say the Senate will likely block impeachment itself but the act of the inquiry, and a verdict at the end, playing out for months on end would surely work to their favour. Americans like watching TV after all. This is pretty much what happened to Nixon.

I'll see if I can find the article on it. Here it is -> https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...ory.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.36c756f29698

Last edited:

Wasn’t sure whether to put this in the Politics thread or here but it’s topical either way.

Iranian Foreign Minister in am interview about the current situation around the drone and then goes on to summarise the Iranian version of events surrounding sanctions, the Middle East and diplomatic relations with the US.

This is how I would like our politicians and leaders to speak, with clarity, directness and confidence that stems from truth. Compare this to Boris et al and Trump.

Worth a watch.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

Wasn’t sure whether to put this in the Politics thread or here but it’s topical either way.

Iranian Foreign Minister in am interview about the current situation around the drone and then goes on to summarise the Iranian version of events surrounding sanctions, the Middle East and diplomatic relations with the US.

This is how I would like our politicians and leaders to speak, with clarity, directness and confidence that stems from truth. Compare this to Boris et al and Trump.

Worth a watch.

Do you have a skim-readable text copy for those of us who don't have time to sit and listen to people?

Do you have a skim-readable text copy for those of us who don't have time to sit and listen to people?

Yeah a near 25 minute video is a bit much to ask, I get annoyed when someone sends a video longer than 2 minutes in whatsapp!

Amazing when the potus threatening to extinguish all life in Afghanistan with nukes, a country he only thinks he's at war with, doesn't even make the main news.

An impeachment enquiry has started. The paperwork has been lodged with the courts in DC. The dems are calling it something else but technically it has started.

It’s amazing how de-sensitised we are all becoming to his behaviours.

Every time I see the President of the United States has launched another racist attack or character assassination I just think “Yeah, but what’s new?”

When Trump eventually goes (if he ever goes!) and the next president takes over the POTUS Twitter account they’re going to be like “Hi guys! Sorry about the last 4/8 years! Don’t really know what happened there...”

It’s amazing how de-sensitised we are all becoming to his behaviours.

Every time I see the President of the United States has launched another racist attack or character assassination I just think “Yeah, but what’s new?”

When Trump eventually goes (if he ever goes!) and the next president takes over the POTUS Twitter account they’re going to be like “Hi guys! Sorry about the last 4/8 years! Don’t really know what happened there...”

The normalisation is what makes it dangerous and how he keeps being able to push further. We are seeing the same in the UK.

Back