• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

I’m sure what he says and does would bother you in some capacity though clearly not at my ridiculous levels.

I’m quite open minded in the sense we will all go again next season, and Poch will have another opportunity to silence all the doubters, myself included, if he goes on and achieves something I’ll be embarrassed with myself but happy because it means our club will have succeeded.

He can always redeem himself in my eyes and deserves to go again obviously, I’ve never said otherwise.

I would like him to re focus and go again and drastically change the message to the fans via the press, being completely different from what we have recently seen.

Yes it’s no secret I’d like in my view a higher calibre manager more likely to bring in silverware to nurture my hearts desire. That as previously spouted would be Simeone.

I accept and have been reminded vigorously on here that we cannot always get what we want, 100 per cent of the time.

Gotta say though an unknown manager would be nice in a sense in that we could have good debate on here about the pros and cons of said individual without it turning a bit toxic.

If he really did sway Ndombele to join us and put the effort into that then fair play, because in the interest of positivity and fairness, I think he will be an amazing signing for us.
Like he has said...it's a new chapter, the next stage of the project. That in itself (if you choose to believe it) is exciting and more than a little intriguing as to where it leads us.

I hope he gets you back on board Nigey...if he does it'll probably mean we have won something..so fingers crossed.

My comment wasn't about thinking he'd be here forever - more so that every year for the last 3(?) he's supposedly said something which means he's about to leave yet he here he still is managing the club, just how everyone not worried about his comments said he would be, a year in to a new contract apparently having turned down two of the biggest clubs in the world over the past 12 months - those actions show how much you should worry about these little comments

But it's not about whether he leaves or not, it's the sentiment of announcing before and after a massive game that he could have / may have left if we'd won and what that means. It seems like I had been clear on that from my post (even though this was after an old fashioned induced night out so surprisingly not that many typos....).

Honestly I'm finding this topic quite frustrating as every reply seems to be responding to points I haven't made or one liners just seemingly saying I should jump back in to the "Everything is awesome" camp and I don't want to start sending for individuals. Not sure what I was hoping for with my post anyway I suppose.

You responded to me mate and I've only clarified what my initial post meant....

Last edited:
But it's not about whether he leaves or not, it's the sentiment of announcing before and after a massive game that he could have / may have left if we'd won and what that means. It seems like I had been clear on that from my post (even though this was after an old fashioned induced night out so surprisingly not that many typos....).

Honestly I'm finding this topic quite frustrating as every reply seems to be responding to points I haven't made or one liners just seemingly saying I should jump back in to the "Everything is awesome" camp and I don't want to start sending for individuals. Not sure what I was hoping for with my post anyway I suppose.

The way some of our fans behave remind me of the hero worship that lot up the road gave to Wenger in his early days. Poch can do no wrong and even questioning him makes you a less of a fan.

He is scared of success, which is why before an f.a. cup semi final he down plays it as not important and why he talks about leaving before the champs league final.

The guy has got us higher then i ever thought possible and I am happy for him to continue as long as he is doing what we are doing in the league. But it is quite clear that he has contradictory behaviour to how he wants his players to behave.

Some naive posters want to think he is playing games with the media.

Yeah that second chapter and how he's up for a next big challenge... Thats maybe why he said he'd leave in the first place. You can't win more than the CL with spurs or any other club. You could win it again but I suspect that poch would want to try it you in/ from another continent.
Like he has said...it's a new chapter, the next stage of the project. That in itself (if you choose to believe it) is exciting and more than a little intriguing as to where it leads us.

I hope he gets you back on board Nigey...if he does it'll probably mean we have won something..so fingers crossed.

Sent from my SM-T835 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Be careful mate.

I had reservations about Poch and was having nightmare infested troubled sleep.

I thought the ol yoda ‘search your feelings’ method would work on here so I tried it.

Sadly the reality was like walking into a rowdy tatooine bar...’I don’t like you’ ‘my Poch supporting friend doesn’t like you either’

All that happens is your lightsaber finger starts to itch....you slowly turn into an ostrich and then unbelievably you get ostracised!

Not shutting down this line of questioning before and after the ucl final was wrong and the answers given could obviously cause distraction and lack of focus compared to Klopps quiet determination and positive messaging, it makes Poch look very unprofessional.

Deep down most people on here realise his press dealings recently have been utter bizarre and garbage, some will admit it, others just can’t bring themselves to criticise him in any way, or rather they will say it doesn’t matter so doesn’t require talking about.

No one, but no one, has claimed Poch can do no wrong so please stop putting words into our mouths. If anything it's you lot that want the perfect manager and go round searching for the least little thing he says to shoot him down with.

We've had plenty of managers in the past you could justify tearing apart, too numerous to mention and plenty that have brought us success that it was easy to find fault with.

Terry Neill was an ARSEhole through and through, Gross was gross and AVB a dingdonghead. And there have been others whose names I daren't even mention for fear of setting off the hounds.

So when we get a manager who takes us to the CL final on a shoestring and keeps us among the elite for four successive seasons I couldn't really give a monkeys what he says to the media.

You lot need to get a fudging life, you miserable sods !

The way some of our fans behave remind me of the hero worship that lot up the road gave to Wenger in his early days. Poch can do no wrong and even questioning him makes you a less of a fan.

He is scared of success, which is why before an f.a. cup semi final he down plays it as not important and why he talks about leaving before the champs league final.

The guy has got us higher then i ever thought possible and I am happy for him to continue as long as he is doing what we are doing in the league. But it is quite clear that he has contradictory behaviour to how he wants his players to behave.

The biggest point of concern for me is that he is worshipped akin to wenger during the trophy laden years, without the trophies.

His achievements only match Wengers in the second half decline decade with regular cl qualificaton and no trophies, with a new stadium to deal with and so on.

But that’s just my thoughts and worries, interesting about your ‘scared of success’ thoughts, would be a good topic to discuss and debate but will boil a lot of tinkle on here no doubt.

No one, but no one, has claimed Poch can do no wrong so please stop putting words into our mouths. If anything it's you lot that want the perfect manager and go round searching for the least little thing he says to shoot him down with.

We've had plenty of managers in the past you could justify tearing apart, too numerous to mention and plenty that have bought us success that it was easy to find fault with.

Terry Neill was an ******** through and through, Gross was gross and AVB a dingdonghead. And there have been others whose names I daren't even mention for fear of setting off the hounds.

So when we get a manager who takes us to the CL final on a shoestring and keeps us among the elite for four successive seasons I couldn't really give a monkeys what he says to the media.

You lot need to get a fudging life, you miserable sods !

I probably am a miserable sod, so apologies.

None have said you can’t ever criticise Poch, but it sure feels like it, and there are only a precious few that can speak in balanced ways, as in they can post a message in a reflective way giving views for and against. Because it seems more favourable to cut off debate rather than open up to conversation in a place that feels uncomfortable for some.

I hold my hands up personally and can fully understand why you feel I am tearing Poch apart, I have been to aggressive no doubt, I can’t say sorry for my thoughts though.

Others though are just raising reasonable questions and concens about our manager on a ‘forum’

I don’t see to much wrong with that.

I’m sure what he says and does would bother you in some capacity though clearly not at my ridiculous levels.

I’m quite open minded in the sense we will all go again next season, and Poch will have another opportunity to silence all the doubters, myself included, if he goes on and achieves something I’ll be embarrassed with myself but happy because it means our club will have succeeded.

He can always redeem himself in my eyes and deserves to go again obviously, I’ve never said otherwise.

I would like him to re focus and go again and drastically change the message to the fans via the press, being completely different from what we have recently seen.

Yes it’s no secret I’d like in my view a higher calibre manager more likely to bring in silverware to nurture my hearts desire. That as previously spouted would be Simeone.

I accept and have been reminded vigorously on here that we cannot always get what we want, 100 per cent of the time.

Gotta say though an unknown manager would be nice in a sense in that we could have good debate on here about the pros and cons of said individual without it turning a bit toxic.

If he really did sway Ndombele to join us and put the effort into that then fair play, because in the interest of positivity and fairness, I think he will be an amazing signing for us.

I will only refer to the bold copy above...I think the main thing you're struggling with is that no-one/very very few people agree with you. From what I can see, this has deeply annoyed you.
I see a manager who learns every season, grows every season and is unafraid to see his shortcomings/what needs to be done, and looks to address them.
I wouldn't worry too much long-term though, as you will apparently be the only "winner" here. If we win the title or CL, he's off; you'd get your trophy and lose him in one swift moment.
Anyway, my only potentially positive contribution to your ongoing angst over Pochettino is to wonder whether it would be possible, once the season starts, to let it rest for a while. You're on record with what you think of him, and if it goes pear-shaped, you will be recognized as such...I promise you!

I will only refer to the bold copy above...I think the main thing you're struggling with is that no-one/very very few people agree with you. From what I can see, this has deeply annoyed you.
I see a manager who learns every season, grows every season and is unafraid to see his shortcomings/what needs to be done, and looks to address them.
I wouldn't worry too much long-term though, as you will apparently be the only "winner" here. If we win the title or CL, he's off; you'd get your trophy and lose him in one swift moment.
Anyway, my only potentially positive contribution to your ongoing angst over Pochettino is to wonder whether it would be possible, once the season starts, to let it rest for a while. You're on record with what you think of him, and if it goes pear-shaped, you will be recognized as such...I promise you!

I’m more annoyed by the lack of open discussion about our manager rather than people not sharing my views.

It’s a forum, with a nice variety of fans of varying age and life experience. You being a good example of a good reason why I joined and turned to member rather than just casual reader.

I see a growing number of fans (more than at this stage last season,with valid concerns, perhaps infinitely more tactful than I, being treated not so well, simply because they question him.

I know I’m in a minority and that’s all fine with me, but I do feel more and more are having doubts about Poch.

Not that it’s important but I won’t be able to win either way, whether he wins a title or gets sacked by Christmas, because other members like yourself are non to pleased with me, I fully accept that.

I’ll just be honest throughout the season giving praise and pointing things out that Poch does well, likewise I’ll raise my head above the parapet when I feel differently which I think is fair game on a forum.

Don't give it that 'less of a fan' gonad*s Chich...and DONT associate us with those c.unts down the road. Its pure nonsense.

When two sides of an argument/opinion are that far apart each side probably gets exasperated with the others view (Sissoko being the other recent example), especially if either side do not appear to be giving any ground.

Whatever the Poch machine does, good and bad, it spews out semi-final, final appearances and top 2,3,4 finishes...that is better than anyone in recent times and my hunch is better than anyone else could do given the circumstances.

If your (anybody) expectations are higher than this or you think another man could do better or if you think Poch shutting his mouth would improve on results then that's a view(s) I disagree with based on the results he's been getting. And that's where I can not give any ground...I just can't see how anything can bother anyone during the last 5 years of Poch s reign....I want us to win things but I'm sure as hell gonna enjoy the journey.

Don't give it that 'less of a fan' gonad*s Chich...and DONT associate us with those c.unts down the road. Its pure nonsense.

When two sides of an argument/opinion are that far apart each side probably gets exasperated with the others view (Sissoko being the other recent example), especially if either side do not appear to be giving any ground.

Whatever the Poch machine does, good and bad, it spews out semi-final, final appearances and top 2,3,4 finishes...that is better than anyone in recent times and my hunch is better than anyone else could do given the circumstances.

If your (anybody) expectations are higher than this or you think another man could do better or if you think Poch shutting his mouth would improve on results then that's a view(s) I disagree with based on the results he's been getting. And that's where I can not give any ground...I just can't see how anything can bother anyone during the last 5 years of Poch s reign....I want us to win things but I'm sure as hell gonna enjoy the journey.

A good at and passionate response, though I do personally feel that there are glaring similarities between us and the other lot.

As previously mentioned part of my anger in all this is the feeling that Poch has ‘hoodwinked’ not just me but other fans.

When I say that I refer to his comments in 16/17 about staying with us for as long as Wenger did them, and talking about emulating Ferguson type success levels with us.

Fast forward and he has made clear comments about leaving us.

So my question is can you understand why myself and others might feel angry about this? Or can you explain to me why I shouldn’t feel hoodwinked?

I’m not being facetious here, I would just like your genuine thoughts on this.

Back