• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

Poch is clearly a manager who likes to vocalise his thoughts, probably sees himself as a bit of a philosopher. That's up to him. The only question we need to ask ourselves is, imo, has it affected the club? I can't see where it has. In fact I am pretty sure if it did Levy would have a word. So no thing to see here afaic.

Poch is clearly a manager who likes to vocalise his thoughts, probably sees himself as a bit of a philosopher. That's up to him. The only question we need to ask ourselves is, imo, has it affected the club? I can't see where it has. In fact I am pretty sure if it did Levy would have a word. So no thing to see here afaic.

Fair enough:) I suppose it would be open up debate regarding the fine lines between a philosopher and a bull-sheeter.

Has it affected the club? Again open for discussion, if you analyse our league results and performances from Christmas then I feel there’s a case....

It’s unreasonable for me that Poch hasn’t delivered brexit, brought leavers and remainers together, produced rainbows or unicorns and trophies within five years.

Don’t feel like I’m asking too much really.

I suppose it could be argued that it affects the club a bit. For example, in the week in which the club were building up to a CL Final the headlines were mostly about whether Poch would stay if we happened to win. That might make us look a bit silly to fans of clubs like Utd and Arsenal, or continental clubs like Barca or Dortmund, who have all had fairly recent history of having a manager who thought it worthwhile to stick around and win a number of trophies with one club.

As I said previously, doesn’t bother me other than it being tiresome, and it occasionally makes me wish Poch would make his mind up about what it is he actually wants. I can see why it might tinkle off some, though.

It tinkles me off no end as well.

The man, not long after signing a new 5 year contract with us was talking enthusiastically to the press about his admiration for Wengers longevity with the other lot, how he would like to spend a similar time with us. Then he spoke of emulating Ferguson’s achievements at United with us saying ‘why not’

Well the answer ‘why not’ is clear as day for me that after falling short in so many of the big games that really matter for us he’s just not up to that standard or ever will be.

Sadly for me I just think flimflam every time he speaks now and that’s hard to admit of your clubs manager when you admired him no end.

I won’t even go there about his weak comments about wanting Eriksen to stay when his own levels of commitment are flimsy at best, or the fact he chastised Walker for talking about leaving during the Chelsea title run in but tells us all he might leave if we beat Liverpool, stinks of hypocrisy to me.

I feel strongly that a class of manager above his level would have more about them and wouldn’t talk of leaving a club in hypothetical terms before and after a ucl final.

Conti, Klopp, Benitez, Simeone, Allegri , Guardiola, Mourinho, Zidane, Ancelotti... to name a few are in that mould, they don’t talk about hypothetical triumphs and what they might do, they stay focused on the task in hand and speak more candid opinions once they have actually achieved something.

A part of Pochettino’s thinking i believe is he has served five years and a part of him feels ready for something new, he’s not fully committed in my eyes and that doesn’t feel right to me.

But hey ho, forget the names I mentioned earlier, so cheesed am I I’d take Chris Houghton just for a bit of common sense and loyalty to the club. I’d love a manager who I felt was committed to us rather than a continuation of the poor form from last season, followed by bizarre interviews and more excuses, followed by vague mutterings of # the project which he obviously seems 100 per cent committed, like a turkey campaigning of the wonders of Christmas.
DRAMA QUEEN ALERT!

Don't take Poch's words so seriously fella. Rather, judge him by his actions.

This is the man who withstood a massive media onslaught to install him as the United manager. He stayed loyal and now has more years in the top flight with the same club than any other current manager. Meanwhile he has seen literally scores of other PL managers come and go.

Given football club management is so volatile, the way to look at it is he's here when he's here and he's gone when he's gone. So, enjoy the ride and ignore the rest.

Howe and Dyche have been at their current clubs longer, but Poch has been manager of a PL club longer.
Kudos for picking up on my subtle spin of the data.:D

The current longest serving manager in the league may one day leave us - stay tuned for more hot tips

Come on though, those of us that have expressed concern at the comments are not so stupid as to believe he'll be here forever nor we have not said anything of the sort. It's not about that at all, as I said, it's fine if he feels that way, many people want to do something awesome and then drop the mic and walk off, it's a lot easier than being consistently brilliant for sure.

I still haven't seen much to convince me that these comments made in the press are sensible or productive in any way which I had hoped was my main issue with it. What kind of carrot is knowing that if we'd actually found glory, real glory, it may have led to the end of the journey with him. Sure, the conversations had betwen players coaching staff and the board are what matters more in terms of the grand plan, but speaking with respect for the club out of consideration for the supporters isn't meaningless in my opinion. Many weren't happy with Harry for speaking about leaving and flirting openly, does Poch get a free ride because of his aura?

I find it so strange that people talk about the press being bottom feeders and being manipulative when we are talking about quotes, not paraphrased sentences taken out of context.

As for taking things personally, without wanting to get to cliche, I feel that the club is part of me, and by rights that means that any slight against the club feels like one that is aimed at myself.

Perhaps I need a dose of thsteff optimism (not in that way Chich). It might be my impatience but squad-wise I'm not really sure what's going on, and the evident gaps and question marks have not been solved by any stretch added to these strange strange repeated comments..... Being told to have faith or that I'm overthinking things isn't much of a response.

Come on though, those of us that have expressed concern at the comments are not so stupid as to believe he'll be here forever nor we have not said anything of the sort. It's not about that at all, as I said, it's fine if he feels that way, many people want to do something awesome and then drop the mic and walk off, it's a lot easier than being consistently brilliant for sure.

I still haven't seen much to convince me that these comments made in the press are sensible or productive in any way which I had hoped was my main issue with it. What kind of carrot is knowing that if we'd actually found glory, real glory, it may have led to the end of the journey with him. Sure, the conversations had betwen players coaching staff and the board are what matters more in terms of the grand plan, but speaking with respect for the club out of consideration for the supporters isn't meaningless in my opinion. Many weren't happy with Harry for speaking about leaving and flirting openly, does Poch get a free ride because of his aura?

I find it so strange that people talk about the press being bottom feeders and being manipulative when we are talking about quotes, not paraphrased sentences taken out of context.

As for taking things personally, without wanting to get to cliche, I feel that the club is part of me, and by rights that means that any slight against the club feels like one that is aimed at myself.

Perhaps I need a dose of thsteff optimism (not in that way Chich). It might be my impatience but squad-wise I'm not really sure what's going on, and the evident gaps and question marks have not been solved by any stretch added to these strange strange repeated comments..... Being told to have faith or that I'm overthinking things isn't much of a response.
Blimey, after reading all that I think I need a lie down.

So true, but it’s easier not to answer these perfectly reasonable points of concern, easier just to dismiss it as a non story or just cast some other aspersions, or change the subject, because these perfectly reasoned views belong in a dark place where there are those who fear to look or even to discuss. I’d be surprised if you get a genuine balanced response on this tbh on here that fully addressed your points and concerns.

I’m sure the truth is probably in the middle...Poch isn’t as bad as I think he is but he’s certainly not the messiah others think, somewhere in between or just a naughty boy.

So

I’m sure the truth is probably in the middle...Poch isn’t as bad as I think he is but he’s certainly not the messiah others think, somewhere in between or just a naughty boy.
He's the best manager we've had in donkeys (imo)...so what he does and says doesn't bother me.

It bothers you, which is fair enough, so all you can do is hope the next man comes along quickly.

He's the best manager we've had in donkeys (imo)...so what he does and says doesn't bother me.

It bothers you, which is fair enough, so all you can do is hope the next man comes along quickly.

I’m sure what he says and does would bother you in some capacity though clearly not at my ridiculous levels.

I’m quite open minded in the sense we will all go again next season, and Poch will have another opportunity to silence all the doubters, myself included, if he goes on and achieves something I’ll be embarrassed with myself but happy because it means our club will have succeeded.

He can always redeem himself in my eyes and deserves to go again obviously, I’ve never said otherwise.

I would like him to re focus and go again and drastically change the message to the fans via the press, being completely different from what we have recently seen.

Yes it’s no secret I’d like in my view a higher calibre manager more likely to bring in silverware to nurture my hearts desire. That as previously spouted would be Simeone.

I accept and have been reminded vigorously on here that we cannot always get what we want, 100 per cent of the time.

Gotta say though an unknown manager would be nice in a sense in that we could have good debate on here about the pros and cons of said individual without it turning a bit toxic.

If he really did sway Ndombele to join us and put the effort into that then fair play, because in the interest of positivity and fairness, I think he will be an amazing signing for us.

My comment wasn't about thinking he'd be here forever - more so that every year for the last 3(?) he's supposedly said something which means he's about to leave yet he here he still is managing the club, just how everyone not worried about his comments said he would be, a year in to a new contract apparently having turned down two of the biggest clubs in the world over the past 12 months - those actions show how much you should worry about these little comments

“With the way I am, I am always going to prioritise the club over myself. Maybe if it was a different result after the final you can think, ‘OK, maybe this is a moment to step out of the club, leave the club and give them the possibility of a really new chapter with a new coaching staff’.

That's good enough for me and nothing he has said or done so far contradicts this.

Back