• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Film Thread ***

Ive not watched The Highwaymen yet (its on the list) but looking at the trailer it reminded me of Godless, also on Netflix, which you might enjoy.

Limited mini series, only 7 episodes, which take their time to tell the story. Beautifully shot, very well acted, and generally very well made western.

Slow burn as well, not a huge amount actually happens before episode 7!

I loved it anyway, might be worth your time.

I agree about Godless, slow burner but very watchable.

I thought it was extremely stupid. So many "Why the hell would that happen?" moments.

It could have been good, started well... but got more and more preposterous as it wore on.

I thought it was an awful film too. I understand the concepts that he was working with but thought that he delivered them poorly. I preferred Get Out.

Ive not watched The Highwaymen yet (its on the list) but looking at the trailer it reminded me of Godless, also on Netflix, which you might enjoy.

Limited mini series, only 7 episodes, which take their time to tell the story. Beautifully shot, very well acted, and generally very well made western.

Slow burn as well, not a huge amount actually happens before episode 7!

I loved it anyway, might be worth your time.
Just came back to thank you for the recommendation.

Have watched the series through the weekend and this week and finished episode 7 this evening. Loved it. What a finale that gun fight was too, great stuff.

Thank you Sir.

Have watched the series through the weekend and this week and finished episode 7 this evening. Loved it. What a finale that gun fight was too, great stuff.

Thank you Sir.

I believe there is going to be a season 2, i hope so.

Thank you Sir.

You are most welcome, Im just glad you liked it.

Nothing worse than recommending something as really good and then the person hates it!

I really enjoyed Toy Story 4. Emotional, funny, and with new villains and heroes.

Made me want to find the right woman to have kids with too. Almost 40 so feels like time is running out but want to have my own family.

Saw yesterday, yesterday

Was really good and typical Richard Curtis

Plenty of decent fun moments and the lad from eastenders can sing quite well

Off with the family to watch Lion King tonight, looking forward to it

I watched Lion King last night. I thought that it was excellent, the animation is mind blowing, the extra scenes add to the film and whilst it isn’t better than the original, it’s great what has been achieved.

I watched Lion King last night. I thought that it was excellent, the animation is mind blowing, the extra scenes add to the film and whilst it isn’t better than the original, it’s great what has been achieved.
Good to hear, its costing me £58 for 2 couches at Everyman (not including snacks/drinks) so it had better be haha

Good to hear, its costing me £58 for 2 couches at Everyman (not including snacks/drinks) so it had better be haha

Ouch, expensive night out but if you like the original, then you should enjoy this.

There will be those critics that ask why this version was recreated, but it’s almost like a reimagining with the latest technology allowing the creations to be more life like, and trust me you’ll find it hard to believe that all of the film, bar one shot, is all computer created. And I have no idea which shot was not created on computers, impossible to tell.

Then people moan about the lack of expressions, but i think it’s quite easy to know an animals character just by their behaviour. You would know if a real cat was happy by its behaviour, you don’t need it to smile to know. And you get used to the film characters singing and know it’s just a part of the film.

What’s that Everyman cinema like? I have one of those Cineworld passes so generally just go there.

Back