• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

He's a decent player, my only concern with him is his fitness.

Anyone who gets injured in a warm up worries me

The guy is a decent squad player to have he really is but I also feel he is one we could sell for good money and get a more versatile replacement who can stay fit for more than half a season

I also think with Lamela he should move for his own progression. Back to Italy he may shine with less games for example

Good point however they are two differences, 1, Bale is a better player 2, he also had the pace that Lamela does not so could move quicker.
There's a whole world of gap between as good as Bale and the minimum required to get away with being one-footed. Lamela is well inside that gap.

There's a whole world of gap between as good as Bale and the minimum required to get away with being one-footed. Lamela is well inside that gap.

Its called reading the game and IF you have pace its makes it harder for the opposing player to get to you and show you what direction he wants you to go, Llamela does not have the pace.

He has( Llamela) skill of that there is no doubt but he is SO one footed it makes it easier to read him, top defenders will usually have the edge over him.

Is it that time of year yet again? We say having Lamela back would be like a new signing. He then impresses until October when injuries hit and he only plays bit part role for rest of year.

It depends what the injuries are. If your knee is screwed, like Sandro or Wanyama, then its game over.

If they are muscular, you may be able to cure the problem, like Woodgate did when he discovered pilates.

Lamela's problem seem to have been his hips, but they've both been operated on now, so there could be hope for a 5-6 year injury free period. Presumably our medical team were consulted when we gave him a new 4 year contract last summer.

But they could use it ( and did) Llamela looks like he has problems standing on his right foot ( joke) let alone using it.

Messi does toe-poke an odd one in on his right, but you'll almost never find footage of Maradona touching the ball with his right foot

Its called reading the game and IF you have pace its makes it harder for the opposing player to get to you and show you what direction he wants you to go, Llamela does not have the pace.

He has( Llamela) skill of that there is no doubt but he is SO one footed it makes it easier to read him, top defenders will usually have the edge over him.
Top defenders will have the edge over (almost) everyone - that's why they're top defenders. There are plenty of very good, very one footed players - Lamela is one of them.

Who needs a right foot?

You could show Chrissy Waddle which way you wanted him to go ...then he'd call you a taxi.

Top defenders will have the edge over (almost) everyone - that's why they're top defenders. There are plenty of very good, very one footed players - Lamela is one of them.

Who needs a right foot?

That goal was agaianst a pub team and he still wouldn’t use his right foot

Back