• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ryan Sessegnon

I think Sess is a must have for the manager.

He can play LB/Forward so he will be coming in - plus he is a HGP.

I don't disagree with any of that. I was responding to the suggestion that Trippier leaving means that Sessegnon comes in immediately. I think he'll likely join, but once Rose has left

I don't disagree with any of that. I was responding to the suggestion that Trippier leaving means that Sessegnon comes in immediately. I think he'll likely join, but once Rose has left

I dont think it really matters who leaves if he is the next we want in at all costs

While its logical to think 'LB out' and then 'LB in', its nice and convenient and balances - its not always possible to operate that way.

We dont get to line up deals like that at our leisure, IMO.

Could be, for example, its cash flow that dictates moves. So selling Trippier gets the money to buy Sessegnon. Later on we sell Rose, and the end result is the aforementioned balance - just not in the order people would prescribe.

While its logical to think 'LB out' and then 'LB in', its nice and convenient and balances - its not always possible to operate that way.

We dont get to line up deals like that at our leisure, IMO.

Could be, for example, its cash flow that dictates moves. So selling Trippier gets the money to buy Sessegnon. Later on we sell Rose, and the end result is the aforementioned balance - just not in the order people would prescribe.

Could be that way. Could be that if we cant shift Rose then we would still sign Sessegnon but loan him back to Fulham for a year rather than being overstocked with left backs

I think he'll come, but clearly there's been something hold it up, whether cashflow, too many players in the squad, not wanting to be left with multiple left backs...or simply just disagreement over valuation and neither party has yet had the need to try to narrow that gap. All speculation but I think more likely than not he'll be at Spurs next season.

Could be that way. Could be that if we cant shift Rose then we would still sign Sessegnon but loan him back to Fulham for a year rather than being overstocked with left backs

I think he'll come, but clearly there's been something hold it up, whether cashflow, too many players in the squad, not wanting to be left with multiple left backs...or simply just disagreement over valuation and neither party has yet had the need to try to narrow that gap. All speculation but I think more likely than not he'll be at Spurs next season.
If Sessegnon has only a year left on his contract and wants to join us, why not us just wait until his contract runs out?

I don't think we'll be signing Sessegnon to play LB, I think he'll play further up the park.

To start with. The ideal would be to develop him as a LB and get him to segway in in place of Davies/Rose over the next two years.
A season or two ago I thought that Sessegnon would definitely end up as a left back. However watching his highlights reel from last season I think that might end up being a bit of a waste of his attacking attributes.... It seemed to me that he had added creativity to his game and his movement to find space in and around the opposition's penalty area also looked impressive.

If Sessegnon has only a year left on his contract and wants to join us, why not us just wait until his contract runs out?
He would still cost us a development fee. I think Liverpool ended up having to pay upwards of £10 million for Danny Ings. With the recent transfer inflation it wouldn't surprise me if a tribuneral fee for Sessegnon ended up being upwards of £12 million. There is also the risk of a foreign team snapping him up at this time for (virtually) nothing and offering him a big wage (I could see Leipzig and Dortmund doing this if it got to that stage).

I expect we'll end up seeing a deal for him this summer with a headline figure somewhere around £35 million, with a decent chunk of that deal being in add-ons.

He would still cost us a development fee. I think Liverpool ended up having to pay upwards of £10 million for Danny Ings. With the recent transfer inflation it wouldn't surprise me if a tribuneral fee for Sessegnon ended up being upwards of £12 million. There is also the risk of a foreign team snapping him up at this time for (virtually) nothing and offering him a big wage (I could see Leipzig and Dortmund doing this if it got to that stage).

I expect we'll end up seeing a deal for him this summer with a headline figure somewhere around £35 million, with a decent chunk of that deal being in add-ons.
That's all true, but if the player has his heart set on a move to us, the chances of a swoop from a foreign team being successful are probably less likely. That is the crux of the issue, however: how badly does he want to join Spurs? Because if he really wants to join us, then the development fee, even if £15 million, would still be better business than buying him now for £35m. And of course we don't know how important it is for Poch to get him now vs a year from now, which will also factor in heavily.

I guess we'll have the answers in 3 weeks. ;)

That's all true, but if the player has his heart set on a move to us, the chances of a swoop from a foreign team being successful are probably less likely. That is the crux of the issue, however: how badly does he want to join Spurs? Because if he really wants to join us, then the development fee, even if £15 million, would still be better business than buying him now for £35m. And of course we don't know how important it is for Poch to get him now vs a year from now, which will also factor in heavily.

I guess we'll have the answers in 3 weeks. ;)
Or alternatively as he realises that we're not going to put our money where our mouth is and it looks likely he'll be at Fulham for another year he accepts a move to Man Utd who are prepared to stump up the cash?

Or alternatively as he realises that we're not going to put our money where our mouth is and it looks likely he'll be at Fulham for another year he accepts a move to Man Utd who are prepared to stump up the cash?
I forgot Fulham is back in the Championship and he'd probably want to remain in the PL at a minimum, so you make a good point that he may want to join a PL team sooner rather than later.

Back