• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Bale. Could we? Would we? Should we?

His league participation was 68% over the 6 years he's been at RM and 72% in the last 2 years, so it hasn't gotten progressively worse. If anything, in the last two years it has gotten better. And the numbers I'm quoting you don't even count how many times he was an unused sub. But let's not let wishy-washy facts get in the way, shall we? ;)

As for the long stretches at inopportune times, you think that's a player trait and not just dumb luck?! And by the way, any time you have a player out for 3-4 weeks it will be an inopportune time, because you are likely to have 1-2 important games during that period.

Of course its dumb luck, but when a player is out for frequently long periods you stack the odds against you, dont you?

12/13 - Started 33 of 38 = 87%
13/14 - 24 of 38 = 63%
14/15 - 30 = 79%
15/16 - 21 = 55%
16/17 - 17 = 45%
17/18 - 20 = 53%
18/19 - 21 = 55%

So my memory does serve me well enough. I counted starts because sub appearances could be anything, a few seconds and no more. A start is when you are prime to play.

Of course its dumb luck, but when a player is out for frequently long periods you stack the odds against you, dont you?

12/13 - Started 33 of 38 = 87%
13/14 - 24 of 38 = 63%
14/15 - 30 = 79%
15/16 - 21 = 55%
16/17 - 17 = 45%
17/18 - 20 = 53%
18/19 - 21 = 55%

So my memory does serve me well enough. I counted starts because sub appearances could be anything, a few seconds and no more. A start is when you are prime to play.

It could also mean sitting on the bench because Ronaldo is fit or the manager doesn't like you. Not starting is no guide to the fitness of a player.

It could also mean sitting on the bench because Ronaldo is fit or the manager doesn't like you. Not starting is no guide to the fitness of a player.

He played alongside Ronaldo frequently. He is one of the worlds most expensive players. People in this very thread describe him as world class.

What makes more sense? He doesnt play because he cant, or because a manager doesnt fancy one of the best players around in his team?

He played alongside Ronaldo frequently. He is one of the worlds most expensive players. People in this very thread describe him as world class.

What makes more sense? He doesnt play because he cant, or because a manager doesnt fancy one of the best players around in his team?

Well the latter is true at the moment for some reason ZZ doesn't want him.

And thats true for the last 7 years?

12/13 - Started 33 of 38 = 87% - Mourinho
13/14 - 24 of 38 = 63% - Ancelotti
14/15 - 30 = 79% - Ancelotti
15/16 - 21 = 55% - Ancelotti / Benitez
16/17 - 17 = 45% - ZZ also out for 4 months from November to February injured
17/18 - 20 = 53% - ZZ
18/19 - 21 = 55% - ZZ / Loptegui

So yes, notice the appearances dropped when ZZ was manager and Bale got injured, ZZ is back again and wants rid, I think it's clear his appearnaces were greatly influenced by who was manager.

Ok, injuries arent a concern at all, despite his career being plagued by them. Got it. Lets bust the bank on him...

Nope not advocated that, just said that sitting on the bench isn't a guide to fitness, said ZZ doesn't like him and used your stats to back that up. His game time dropped under ZZ and started to rise again under Loptegui.

Nope not advocated that, just said that sitting on the bench isn't a guide to fitness, said ZZ doesn't like him and used your stats to back that up. His game time dropped under ZZ and started to rise again under Loptegui.

Ancelotti and Benitez not fancy him either? Or is it ok to suggest his fitness was an issue then, but its just not now?

The original point was a basic one - he is reliably unfit. Not something I believe can really be argued against.

All this about managers not fancying him is majoring in the minors.

It’s madrid
Managers there have to do everything to keep themselves in a job
Bake is world class regardless of who the manager is.

Ok, injuries arent a concern at all, despite his career being plagued by them. Got it. Lets bust the bank on him...
He is in the Anderton category - his injuries are not actually as bad as the perception of his injuries.
However, you shouldn't rely on him being fit.
He's is definitely someone you want in a strong squad, just don't build a team around him.
Kane has become much the same - I think we know Kane will miss 4-6 weeks a season now with an injury, so we have developed our squad to not rely solely on him.

I'd love to see a Bale return, but the question I haven't seen answered yet is where people think he'll play?? For that kind of money / wage / stature, he's not going to be on the bench. So does that push Son back to a sub role (seems harsh)? Moura even further down the pecking order?

I guess at least he offers us a back up striker role!

I'd love to see a Bale return, but the question I haven't seen answered yet is where people think he'll play?? For that kind of money / wage / stature, he's not going to be on the bench. So does that push Son back to a sub role (seems harsh)? Moura even further down the pecking order?

I guess at least he offers us a back up striker role!
Replacement for Rose. I don't think he'll ever make it further forward.

Back