• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Danny Rose

It seems like we are trying to force him out. We did the same to Crouch, he wanted to stay and we told him that he'd be training with the kids to force him to accept a move.
What makes you say that?

His comments over the past couple of years have suggested he's not been too happy at Tottenham for quite some time. I'm not referring here to his comments about racism, or that he cannot wait to quit football, etc. All that stuff is completely separate. More for example the way he talked about how wonderful the England set-up was after he was recalled to the squad, whilst maintaining a deafening silence about how he was finding life at Tottenham.

Then a month or so back The London Evening Standard quoted these strange words:

“I know my age and I know how the club's run in terms of if you get to a certain age they might look to ship you on. It has been no secret that my name has been mentioned quite a few times in terms of players moving on and I'll be just sitting tight over the next few weeks and just seeing what happens. Either way I'm prepared for whatever happens."
https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2019/06/...hiefs-baffled-by-danny-roses-recent-comments/

Reading between the lines I'd say that's code for 'please get me out of here.'

Unless you've heard something different?

He just wants a payrise. Watch him justify a move anywhere once the money comes in.
As a super successful businessman and a millionaire, surely you must agree that if another employer offers an upgrade in compensation for a man such as Danny Rose, the sensible business response is to accept such an increase in incoming monies. It’s good business for a player aged 29 with recent spate of injuries to seek out and attain a new, improved pay packet (plus signing on bonus).

As a super successful businessman and a millionaire, surely you must agree that if another employer offers an upgrade in compensation for a man such as Danny Rose, the sensible business response is to accept such an increase in incoming monies. It’s good business for a player aged 29 with recent spate of injuries to seek out and attain a new, improved pay packet (plus signing on bonus).
I'd absolutely expect them to move.

If they were dishonest about their motivation and pretended it was to be nearer family then I'd think they were a clam. I'd also think they were a clam if they went to the press and insulted their colleagues.

What makes you say that?

His comments over the past couple of years have suggested he's not been too happy at Tottenham for quite some time. I'm not referring here to his comments about racism, or that he cannot wait to quit football, etc. All that stuff is completely separate. More for example the way he talked about how wonderful the England set-up was after he was recalled to the squad, whilst maintaining a deafening silence about how he was finding life at Tottenham.

Then a month or so back The London Evening Standard quoted these strange words:

“I know my age and I know how the club's run in terms of if you get to a certain age they might look to ship you on. It has been no secret that my name has been mentioned quite a few times in terms of players moving on and I'll be just sitting tight over the next few weeks and just seeing what happens. Either way I'm prepared for whatever happens."
https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2019/06/...hiefs-baffled-by-danny-roses-recent-comments/

Reading between the lines I'd say that's code for 'please get me out of here.'

Unless you've heard something different?

Both can be true. There were stories last summer that Everton were interested and Rose turned it down because he wanted to join United. Maybe we are in a similar situation this summer and Rose is holding out for City, Liverpool or United but the interest of from Saudi Sportswashing Machine, Burnley or Everton.

Rose has been one of my favourite players on the pitch but after he gave that interview I was surprised at some of the resentment he seemed to be carrying when he’d given so much on the pitch. He was underrated outside of us for quite a while too and you can see why the Walker move turned his head.
The moving up North thing I think was code for being tapped up / wanting to go to Man U imo. This feels like it is our decision and I’m not even sure Everton will be the best he can get. Wherever he goes it will not surprise me that post his new wage bounce he will be vocal about the limitations of his new club.

I hope we do a better job of replacing him than we did with Walker.

I think its clear he has mental issues, depression can be a horrible thing - and on that basis I can completely accept his desire to moving back north as genuine.

Hes a Yorkshireman, living in London now 12 years, and he is having issues. Who wouldnt want to go home in the same situation?

I think he plays with commitment, always has - but thats not the same as being committed to the club. His public outbursts speak otherwise, as does his openess about wanting a move and even talking to other clubs.

At 29 and with 2 years on his deal, thats an ideal time for us to sell as well.

Seems to me much more like a natural parting of the ways, both sides being happy with it, than him being forced out.

Because Rose will be replacing him?

That would be a much better deal for us than them

Date: 17th July 2019 at 5:15pm
Written by: Football Insider

EXCLUSIVE By Pete O’Rourke

Danny Rose is being lined up for a move to Juventus after falling out of favour at Tottenham, Football Insider understands.

Rose looks set to leave Spurs this summer after the club announced today he was not part of the squad for their pre-season trip to Singapore and had been left behind in England to discuss a potential exit.

News of the England international’s availability has alerted a number of clubs in the Premier League and abroad, but a Tottenham source has told Football Insider that Juventus have emerged as surprise suitors for the England international.

The Serie A champions are looking to strengthen their full-back options as they look to have two top players for each position.

The source explained that they are exploring a move for Rose before the Italian window shuts on 23 August, 15 days after the Premier League.

The 29-year-old’s future at Tottenham has been the subject of speculation for some time and it appears he could join fellow full-back and England international Kieran Trippier in leaving north London.

Trippier has joined Atletico Madrid and Rose could also be heading overseas in what would represent an even more unexpected move.

Rose has turned 29 and his best days are considered to be behind him as he looks to end his 12-year association with Tottenham.

The serial Italian champions have already signed Aaron Ramsey on a free transfer from Arsenal this summer and now they could bring a first-team mainstay from their bitter rivals to Turin.

Both can be true. There were stories last summer that Everton were interested and Rose turned it down because he wanted to join United. Maybe we are in a similar situation this summer and Rose is holding out for City, Liverpool or United but the interest of from Saudi Sportswashing Machine, Burnley or Everton.
Fair point. But Rose was first to publicly express his frustrations with Tottenham and it's continued to bubble up ever since, so little wonder if the club are now saying 'okay then mate, perhaps its best for both sides that you bugger off back north - or wherever.'

I read an article today that suggested we were ready to give Rose a contract extension, everything was agreed and in place.

Rose got cold feed (offered a pay day elsewhere) and bailed last minute, had a bust up with Poch and has been left behind as a result.

Did I read that in this thread? Can't remember but it sounds plausible.

Fair point. But Rose was first to publicly express his frustrations with Tottenham and it's continued to bubble up ever since, so little wonder if the club are now saying 'okay then mate, perhaps its best for both sides that you bugger off back north - or wherever.'
Aren't there rules against torture?

PSG LEADING RACE FOR ROSE

Paris Saint-Germain head a list of clubs keen to sign Tottenham’s Danny Rose.

The England defender wants to fight for a first team place next season – but will consider leaving North London if a sufficiently attractive opportunity comes along.

Sky Sports News understands that Tottenham will be looking to recoup £20m for the left-back, whom they bought from Leeds for £1m in 2007.

Bundesliga team Schalke are also understood to be keen on signing the 29-year old defender, who has been left out of Spurs' tour to Singapore to explore transfer possibilities.

Spurs are interested in signing Fulham’s Ryan Sessegnon if Rose leaves the club.

PSG LEADING RACE FOR ROSE

Paris Saint-Germain head a list of clubs keen to sign Tottenham’s Danny Rose.

The England defender wants to fight for a first team place next season – but will consider leaving North London if a sufficiently attractive opportunity comes along.

Sky Sports News understands that Tottenham will be looking to recoup £20m for the left-back, whom they bought from Leeds for £1m in 2007.

Bundesliga team Schalke are also understood to be keen on signing the 29-year old defender, who has been left out of Spurs' tour to Singapore to explore transfer possibilities.

Spurs are interested in signing Fulham’s Ryan Sessegnon if Rose leaves the club.
Ah, he meant the North of France - that's where the confusion came from.

Back