• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Tittle-Tattle

Even an average chairman wouldn't allow himself to be put in a position where he could lose key players without having replacements lined up. Don't worry, mate, there are plenty of coals in the fire, but some moves require others to precede them before they can be made. The important thing is that our main transfer, Ndombele, was done early. That was one area of the squad that needed to be filled. All others will be one out one in (Eriksen - Lo Celso, Rose - Sessegnon) and the ins have already been identified and being are worked on.

Feel better now? :)

Ideal world and all that. For me we need a RB Tripps was poor this year but I’d of had him other the rest we’ve got.

I’m sure we are in a position where we will have the replacements ready. Let’s hope so not long till window shuts.

Gotta hand it to him, he sticks his neck out and goes at it full pelt.

No 'blue and yellow' flimflam. Despite how likely this is to be crap, I have to respect that. :p
Just read his time line - looks full of brick.

Went balls out on Rose signing a new contract a few days ago and has now spent the week trying to back peddle and reverse engineer why this was true.

Slags off Alasdair Gold for reports which then quickly proved to be accurate (contradicting what he’d said) and also calls Lyall Thomas a liar - when he’s simply putting the latest ‘Sky Sports understands’ article which he’s reporting on.

Just read his time line - looks full of brick.

Went balls out on Rose signing a new contract a few days ago and has now spent the week trying to back peddle and reverse engineer why this was true.

Slags off Alasdair Gold for reports which then quickly proved to be accurate (contradicting what he’d said) and also calls Lyall Thomas a liar - when he’s simply putting the latest ‘Sky Sports understands’ article which he’s reporting on.

He is now saying that his account has been hacked and that none of that wash him, all the signs of a truly great ITK

Three weeks left of the window.

Feel it’s still but really kicked off.

Main positions which we really need to sort out now in the next 3 weeks are attacking areas (we have 2 keepers, 8 defenders and 4 CMs, excluding Wanyama). I still expect Eriksen out/Lo Celso in, though thats like a straight swap rather than strengthening, we need another player who can play CF given Llorente has left, and with Clarke going back on loan and Sessegnon likely needed to cover left back, we could do with another attacker so that we have 2 players per position

Obviously then there's the deadwood to shift...Janseen, GKN, Wanyama, plus kids like Edwards, Onomah etc

Main positions which we really need to sort out now in the next 3 weeks are attacking areas (we have 2 keepers, 8 defenders and 4 CMs, excluding Wanyama). I still expect Eriksen out/Lo Celso in, though thats like a straight swap rather than strengthening, we need another player who can play CF given Llorente has left, and with Clarke going back on loan and Sessegnon likely needed to cover left back, we could do with another attacker so that we have 2 players per position

Obviously then there's the deadwood to shift...Janseen, GKN, Wanyama, plus kids like Edwards, Onomah etc
I’m wondering if Lo Celso is more a swap for Wanyama than Eriksen possibly.

Sounds like GLC played deeper than CE and can also put his foot in, whilst also adding lots of deep-lying creativity.....So a bit more finessed than a fit Vic, but a lot more useful than a crocked Vic.

Last edited:
I think Lo Celso can initially replace Lamela and come in off the right.

And he can be the central attacking thrust that Eriksen usually offers as well. Different style, similar result kind of thing.

I also wonder if his signing will lead to a 433 switch, with a Winks-NDombele-Lo Celso midfield and Son-Kane-Moura ahead causing havoc

Sissoko has more caps than Ginola and cantona - almost combined.
Not saying I agree regarding international caps but that doesnt strike me as a fair point. You're talking about different players who played in different positions, in different eras.

Questioning why Sissoko has more caps than a player who is a year older than him and plays in the same position is a much more reasonable thing to question.....

The Sun
REAL MADRID are planning to launch their "Operation 200" as they look to offload Gareth Bale and James Rodriguez to fund their move for Paul Pogba.

Los Blancos boss Zinedine Zidane is plotting to sell no fewer than five players in order to raise the £200million it may take to land the Manchester United star, claim Marca.

Dani Ceballos, Marco Asensio and Isco are all also on the market, with Premier League giants, including Liverpool, on red alert.

Both Isco and Asensio have been put on the market at £72m apiece, with the Reds, Emirates Marketing Project and even United considering moves for the pair.

Arsenal are also eyeing up a move for Ceballos, but may not have the available funds, instead opting for a loan move.

Tottenham are being linked with an emotional move back for Bale - but his agent has denied Spurs have launched a £55m initial bid.

Meanwhile, Atletico Madrid are set to continue their incredible summer of spending with a move for Rodriguez.

EVERYTHING MUST GO
The Colombian is claimed to want to stay in Spain after his disappointing loan spell at Bundesliga giants Bayern Munich.

Real desperately need to balance their books following a massive summer spending spree.

Zidane has already splashed some £272m on new signings, including moves for Eden Hazard, Luka Jovic and Eder Militao.

Earlier this summer, Pogba revealed he is ready for a "new challenge", with Real Madrid interested as they look to form a "new Galacticos" after a wildly sub-par 2018-19.

But as yet, United have received NO offers for Pogba, with Zidane unable to meet the Red Devils' £150m-minimum valuation.

Rumours earlier this summer claimed Real offered a mere £90m for Pogba, but United are desperate to recoup more for their club-record signing.

Despite talk of the French World Cup-winner, 25, leaving, he starred in his current side's pre-season friendly thumping of Leeds.

In fact, it got fans thinking he may just want to stay, after all.

By Wayne Veysey

Tottenham are confident of signing Ryan Sessegnon from Fulham for a fee of around £25million next week, Football Insider understands.

The Londoners have made progress with their summer-long pursuit of the Cottagers left-winger in recent days as they look the finalise the transfer.

A source with knowledge of Tottenham recruitment has told Football Insider the club are now very hopeful of reaching an agreement with Fulham after extensive talks over the structure of the deal.

The north Londoners are expected to pay around £25million for Sessegnon, although there have been discussions about the possibility of Sessegnon’s twin brother Steven being part of a double deal.

The less famed of the 19-year-old twins is a right-back, and could also make the move following the transfer last night of Kieran Trippier to Atletico Madrid.

With Danny Rose also set to be sold by Tottenham in the final three weeks of the window – Football Insider revealed last night that Juventus are lining up a move for him – there could soon be two wide player slots available in Mauricio Pochettino’s squad.

Fulham accept they are set to to lose Ryan Sessegnon, who has snubbed their offer of a new contract and has made up his mind to join Tottenham.

He has already accumulated 120 first-team appearances since breaking into the Fulham first team aged 16, and his current deal expires next summer.

https://www.hammers.news/transfer-n...-wanyama-to-replace-italy-bound-pedro-obiang/
Insider report: West Ham target Gary Medel and Victor Wanyama to replace Italy-bound Pedro Obiang
According to reliable West Ham insider EXWHUEmployee, Pedro Obiang is likely to join Sassuolo in a deal worth around £10m. And West Ham have two targets in mind as they look to replace him.

Obiang, 27, occupies one of the central midfield spots in West Ham’s squad. If he departs, as expected, West Ham will look at Gary Medel and Victor Wanyama to provide a replacement.

Gary Medel: Manuel Pellegrini is a big fan

Chile international Medel could join fellow countryman Manuel Pellegrini at West Ham. Medel has been a long-term target for West Ham to add steel and tenacity to the midfield ranks.

The 31-year-old was first linked back in January (Sky Sports) as he can provide cover in holding midfield, central defence and at right-back. He currently plays for Besiktas and seems keen on moving back to the Premier League – several years after his one-year stint at Cardiff City.

Unfortunately, there are a few problems with this deal. Firstly, Medel is not getting any younger so he is not a long-term investment. Also, he was recently sent off in the Copa America against Argentina for an altercation with Lionel Messi, showing his hot-tempered nature.

There are better options out there than Medel. But given West Ham’s shoestring transfer budget, after Sebastien Haller joined, this might be a more affordable option.

Victor Wanyama: Spurs to West Ham?

Tottenham Hotspur midfielder Wanyama is another option. But this would involve Daniel Levy selling to rivals West Ham, which could make this tricky to pull off.

But if he joins, Wanyama would be an exciting addition. The Kenya international has his injury problems but if he stays fit, he is a top Premier League performer.

The 28-year-old is a very physical player and he would provide excellent protection for the back four alongside Declan Rice. Wanyama would be a major upgrade on Obiang but his injury problems and Levy’s negotiations present two hurdles to this deal.

Tottenham Hotspur are reportedly interested in signing Napoli’s Elseid Hysaj or Roma’s Alessandro Florenzi to replace Kieran Trippier, who departed for Atletico Madrid yesterday.

Trippier signed a three-year contract with the Spanish giants for a transfer fee reported to be £20 million by BBC. With Trippier gone, Spurs need a right-back and according to Gianluca Di Marzio, they have identified either Hysaj or Florenzi as his replacement.

Hysaj, who has made 170 appearances for Napoli since his signing from Empoli, has already expressed his desire to leave the club. As quoted by talkSPORT, Hysaj told DigitAlb: “I’m absolutely ready for a new challenge because I need change. I’m not the type of person who likes to stay at a club for too long.

“I want to have new experiences, learn about a new country, meet new people, play for another team and maybe try to win something. For me, my time at Napoli is over and I hope to find a team that will give me what I need.”

Rome-born Florenzi has been at Roma since 2002 and has made 262 senior appearances for the Giallorossi, scoring 28 goals and providing 32 assists. Florenzi has been one of Roma’s most integral players and the club arguably won’t be too willing to let go of him. If they do, Roma will certainly demand a good sum from Spurs.

According to the report from Di Marzio, there is also the possibility of Spurs landing both Hysaj and Florenzi provided the club is able to sell Serge Aurier, and so Mauricio Pochettino could oversee a busy end to the transfer window this summer as Tottenham look to build on last season.

Tottenham could reportedly consider a move for Celtic left-back Kieran Tierney which would see them try to beat rivals Arsenal to his signing.

As noted by the Telegraph earlier this week, it has been suggested that Danny Rose has been left out of the travelling Spurs squad for their pre-season tour of Asia with a view of him finding a suitable deal to leave the north London outfit.

It’s added that the 29-year-old is valued at around £25m, and so if an exit did materialise this summer, Mauricio Pochettino would be armed with a decent figure to go out and sign a replacement for the England international.

Perhaps a mere coincidence or possibly something more, The Sun report that Tottenham could launch a bid of their own for Tierney, who has been heavily linked with Arsenal for weeks now with a £25m switch to the Emirates from Celtic.

However, it also follows on from comments that Neil Lennon made this week, as per BBC Sport, as he hinted that Tierney was worth much more and while alluding to Aaron Wan-Bissaka’s £50m deal to join Man Utd this summer, he suggested that his star man should be equally as valuable if not more so given his experience and quality displayed at the highest level.

It’s difficult to disagree with him in this case, as ultimately Tierney has proven himself more so and Celtic would perhaps be well within their rights to demand much more than the touted £25m figure.

In the event that Rose does move on, that would leave Pochettino short at left-back with Ben Davies as his only senior option. In turn, that makes a swoop for Tierney a sensible one, but it remains to be seen if the pieces fall into place or if Arsenal are spared a potential transfer blow of losing out on a priority target to their local rivals.

https://www.caughtoffside.com/2019/...acking-arsenal-transfer-swoop-for-25m-target/

Back