• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Danny Rose

Would agree, he is not the player he was a couple of years ago and Davies is a better player and with Sess coming in it"s a good move for both parties..

Davies is a player who will consistently give you 6.5 out of 10 performances. He doesn’t have many howlers but he also seldom players better than a 7 either. Can’t think of any games where he was the standout player whereas Rose and Winks were the standout players for us in the CL final.

Davies is a player who will consistently give you 6.5 out of 10 performances. He doesn’t have many howlers but he also seldom players better than a 7 either. Can’t think of any games where he was the standout player whereas Rose and Winks were the standout players for us in the CL final.

Rose is a more dynamic player i agree, but one of the first things you learn as a defender is to stay on you feet. For me rose is like a bull in a china shop and often finishes up on the deck.

Fans may love that ( and that is why Rose is so popular among some) but Davies is a player who just gets on with his job which means he is not noticed as much but is a far better team player ( imo).

Not sure anyone has called Rose “rubbish” ,it was only 18 months ago people wanted rid of him for non footballing reasons.

Rose has deteriorated in the past three seasons, the stats back it up - for me his decision making has also taken a dip.

He has a habit of picking up injuries and isn’t the quickest at recovering

The past 2 seasons he’s only played 36 league games.

As the manager said, painful decisions will be made this summer.

Davies is a great squad player.

You need to look back on this thread, but it's not just Rose who is targeted any player making a mistake is slammed and should be dumped, I'm like everyone else in that I want us to win every game but I'm old enough to realize that not going to happen and just wish people wouldn't act like 4 year olds every time something goes wrong and blame the players as if they made mistakes on purpose and the desperation to sign anyone is pathetic. I want the right player not just any one who the media name to fill space.

Rose is a more dynamic player i agree, but one of the first things you learn as a defender is to stay on you feet. For me rose is like a bull in a china shop and often finishes up on the deck.

Fans may love that ( and that is why Rose is so popular among some) but Davies is a player who just gets on with his job which means he is not noticed as much but is a far better team player ( imo).

One of the first things an old coach (Bill Shipwright ex Watford) told me as a kid was stay on your feet.

Season before last he was seemingly frozen out because of said non footballing reasons - has he missed much football through injury since being reintegrated?

Last 3 seasons PL

18/10/ 26

Total games

21/17/37

How much of the 37 is due to Davies not being fully fit/him playing other positions?

Sissoko during that same time - I think most would agree he was at best a squad player during the first 2 seasons.

Pl

25 / 33 / 29

Total

34 / 47 / 44

I like Rose, but it’s time to cash in/refresh the full backs.

One of the first things an old coach (Bill Shipwright ex Watford) told me as a kid was stay on your feet.

Its one of the first things we tried to ingrain into youngsters when they entered the academys, of course they are times when you have no choice but if you position yourself well there are not many occasions you need to do it. Rose gets caught and has to do it often because he does not always read the game as well as Davies.

But he wins the ball that way, and rarely gives a foul away. In fact he is the most fouled player we have when he plays as teams love to kick him. It’s why we move him into midfield and the opposition don’t know how to deal with him (but we don’t know how he will play either)

Maybe an offer of around £35-40 million would be enough for them to consider.
I can't imagine he's on huge wages or would demand them.

In the current market there is zero chance Everton would consider selling for £50m, particularly as he has 4 years left on his current contract. They do not need to sell, so if they did it would be on their terms.

Maybe an offer of around £35-40 million would be enough for them to consider.
I can't imagine he's on huge wages or would demand them.

Would be a bargain at that price, considering how well he did last year Id be surprised if they went for it.

Was there a bit of talk of a Digne/Rose swap last season, or did I just make that up?

There was at the end of the season/early window. Id be up for it.

Rose has often talked about wanting to move back up north, but unless that's his overriding consideration, he'd be setting his sights a bit higher than Everton in his choice of club, surely? Still a top player for me.

Rose has often talked about wanting to move back up north, but unless that's his overriding consideration, he'd be setting his sights a bit higher than Everton in his choice of club, surely? Still a top player for me.

Who knows what his priorities are? At 29 it could be a cushy contract, close to home, at a team that can compete. Which I think Everton would tick the boxes for.

They have a decent squad, seem to be making good moves (linked to Maduzic this morning, would make the world of difference), have a good manager and are well placed for EUROPA qualification if not a run on the CL.

Arsenal and Utd are in rebuilds, Chelsea have a rookie manager and transfer ban - I dont see why Everton wouldnt fancy themselves to get in the mix with these teams (added advantage of no european distractions).

I could completely understand Rose being tempted by Everton (as I say, priorities permitting).

Im less convinced as to why Everton would want Rose when they have Digne (and Baines as back up).

But he wins the ball that way, and rarely gives a foul away. In fact he is the most fouled player we have when he plays as teams love to kick him. It’s why we move him into midfield and the opposition don’t know how to deal with him (but we don’t know how he will play either)

If as you say he wins a lot of the ball that way it usually means that he has not read the situation and got into a better position, he has to dive in because most of the time he is ball watching and not reading the player he is supposed to be marking.

Regarding him getting kicked a lot he also brings a lot of that on himself by being in a situation where he has to dive in.

If as you say he wins a lot of the ball that way it usually means that he has not read the situation and got into a better position, he has to dive in because most of the time he is ball watching and not reading the player he is supposed to be marking.

Regarding him getting kicked a lot he also brings a lot of that on himself by being in a situation where he has to dive in.
Diving in doesn’t win you free kicks and fouls
The opposition erratically tackling does that (pretty much what you believe Rose does regularly)
And I agree that diving in isn’t a sign of great defending but it does mean you are defending
Can’t say I’ve seen Davies ever dive in but I’ve seen him get skinned when he could make that kind of tackle if he was quick enough. To me Davies and Rose are a very complimentary pair of full backs

One is IMO better going forward as he commits the oposition more. The other can cover CB and is more low maintainer and boring which suits some games.

In the current market there is zero chance Everton would consider selling for £50m, particularly as he has 4 years left on his current contract. They do not need to sell, so if they did it would be on their terms.
The player can make things happen though
Only thing with Digne is he hasn’t shown a huge amount defensively IMO and has shone more in the attacking side of his game

Diving in doesn’t win you free kicks and fouls
The opposition erratically tackling does that (pretty much what you believe Rose does regularly)
And I agree that diving in isn’t a sign of great defending but it does mean you are defending
Can’t say I’ve seen Davies ever dive in but I’ve seen him get skinned when he could make that kind of tackle if he was quick enough. To me Davies and Rose are a very complimentary pair of full backs

One is IMO better going forward as he commits the oposition more. The other can cover CB and is more low maintainer and boring which suits some games.

Well Stop! Hammer time so i guess we will have to agree to disagree :). He looks like he may be leaving anyway and as much i enjoy our back and froes it is not that relevent going forward. :cool:

Back