• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ryan Sessegnon

On what basis? He was outstanding enough in the Championship to be seriously mentioned as wold card for England's WC squad.

He then played in a seriously poor side in the Premiership which went through 3 managers in under 6 months. Do you realistically expect an 18 year old rookie to shine in that team - irrespective of his ability?

On the basis that his reputation comes from one good season in the championship and a lot of media hype from a year ago.

He's worth a punt sure but that's all it is at this point for me.

Im dubious as to whether this kid is anything out of the ordinary tbh

Find me an 18 year-old who has contributed 8 goals and assists in the Premier League in the last few years from a non-striker role. The only one I could find was Sterling, who also had 8 in his 19 y/o season on a very good Liverpool team.

Richarlison is a good comp top. He got 5 goals and 4 assists for Watford as a 20 y/o and was sold to Everton for 50 million, and it looks like a pretty good signing for them.

Hudson-Odoi would probably be worth 40 to 50 million and he could only manage one assist in the Prem and is the same age. The only one who you would say is a better young English prospect is Sancho, and he would cost upwards of 100 million.

This is a no-brainer signing for around 25 million for a homegrown player, and I would be so annoyed if we didn’t get it over the line.

Find me an 18 year-old who has contributed 8 goals and assists in the Premier League in the last few years from a non-striker role. The only one I could find was Sterling, who also had 8 in his 19 y/o season on a very good Liverpool team.

Richarlison is a good comp top. He got 5 goals and 4 assists for Watford as a 20 y/o and was sold to Everton for 50 million, and it looks like a pretty good signing for them.

Hudson-Odoi would probably be worth 40 to 50 million and he could only manage one assist in the Prem and is the same age. The only one who you would say is a better young English prospect is Sancho, and he would cost upwards of 100 million.

This is a no-brainer signing for around 25 million for a homegrown player, and I would be so annoyed if we didn’t get it over the line.

This. With poch working his magic on him as well, could be a new bale.

This. With poch working his magic on him as well, could be a new bale.

That's such a good point. Poch has improved just about every young (and even not young) player who we've brought to the club, absolutely no reason that he wouldn't do the same w/ someone with as much potential as Sessegnon. Make it happen, Daniel.

How many appearances has Hudson-Odoi had? not exactly the best way to compare players when some have only got a few starts here and there. Its like the whole Sherwood having our best win ratio, completely irrelevant.

How many appearances has Hudson-Odoi had? not exactly the best way to compare players when some have only got a few starts here and there. Its like the whole Sherwood having our best win ratio, completely irrelevant.
Well Hudson Odoi has been hyped up wayyyyyy beyond his achievements because he is English and is at Chelsea

That’s fair, and to be clear, CHO produced 1 g/a in about 450 minutes, which isn’t near the ratio Sess produced at in a poor team (1 g/a in 300 ish). And, being an attacker In a team like Chelsea (especially as CHO tended to only play against poorer teams) is so much easier than producing in a poor team. And, also, I’m not saying CHO isn’t a better prospect than Sessegnon, which is up for debate. but to get that level of prospect for 25 mil who can also play fullback is something we should be allll over.

Given me food for thought with that response, interesting numbers from last season and in comparison to others - thanks

What's happening with this deal? Is there even a deal? I've seen him mentioned all over the site as if he's already here, yet there's no whispers anywhere at the moment

Think it will be done as soon as tripper goes

Do you think we'll stick with what we have on the right? Aurier KWP and potentially Foyth/Dier - though atm on paper that looks like a weak area of the team (even if numbers wise we're ok)

I think it's possible and if Rose leaves and is replaced by Sessegnon that will mean we also have Vertonghen to cover Davies and Sess

Do you think we'll stick with what we have on the right? Aurier KWP and potentially Foyth/Dier - though atm on paper that looks like a weak area of the team (even if numbers wise we're ok)

I think it's possible and if Rose leaves and is replaced by Sessegnon that will mean we also have Vertonghen to cover Davies and Sess

Ideally I would go for Aarons/KWP and Alves for a season, or all three if Aarons stays at Norwich on loan.

It depends on us offloading Serge which I cant see happening.

The Left side would be sorted with Sess, you have 2 different type of LBs. - I know Sess is seen as more of a forward, but our wingbacks will be forward a lot.

Foyth is an interesting one, as pointed out elsewhere I do think a loan for a season would not be the worst idea for him

Think it will be done as soon as tripper goes

Do you think? I'd have thought that Sessengon is more dependent on Rose leaving. Will be interesting to see whether we're now linked with some RBs, or whether we go with Foyth at RB for a season...though in that case we probably need another CB

I could see Alves coming in on a free once Trippier goes and he could be the teacher that KWP and Foyth need to learn from. Could also see Jan moving to LB in a 4 with Alderweireld (8 days and counting) and Sanchez at CB. IF Sessegnon comes in that could switch to a 3 of Ald/Sanchez/Vert with Sessegnon and Alves as Wing Backs.

All reporting has said that Fulham want £45m for Sessegnon, we think £25m is much more appropriate considering he has a year on his deal.

Sessegnon has told them he wants to move to us.

So we are just waiting for them to wake up and be realistic...

Do you think? I'd have thought that Sessengon is more dependent on Rose leaving. Will be interesting to see whether we're now linked with some RBs, or whether we go with Foyth at RB for a season...though in that case we probably need another CB

I think Sess is a must have for the manager.

He can play LB/Forward so he will be coming in - plus he is a HGP.

Evening Standard:
Rose will be reintegrated into the squad if he cannot find a new club this summer but Spurs remain favourites to sign Fulham prodigy Ryan Sessegnon, who can play left-back. The deal is being delayed by the Cottagers' desire for a Tottenham player in part-exchange for the teenager.

A little snippet in a larger article about our transfer business

Back