• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Kieran Trippier

Correa is a striker though

All I keep reading is how good the Celtic boy is so why don't we pay them what they want and get him, more rounded than AWB I read
I like Tierney, from the few matches I've seen, and I could easily see him move up the pitch eventually like Bale if he progresses. He still is potential though, and I'm guessing our interest in Sessegnon overlaps with this profile player and position.

Last edited:
The 'World Cup' Trippier in my view massively outperformed, whereas last season's Trippier underperformed. You could argue that were the two reversed (crap world cup, decent last season) he might not be leaving

In my view though he's always been a bit below the level which we've been aspiring to be, and below the level which we currently are at. He's also at peak valuation and will only decline in value. Therefore its a logical deal for us.

The one challenge is that it does exacerbate our non-home grown issue, assuming we dont sign a HG right back...and its not obvious who we would sign. If Aurier is up for sale, presumably we will be signing a RB, rather than going into next season with a kid and a kid CB who can play RB

re Correa - he's always looked decent when I've seen him however I dont believe he can cover CF (I might be wrong though) which I think we need from a new attacker. He does fit out profile though - young-ish, a few international caps etc, time to develop, etc. That said, he doesnt make our overseas player issue any better

I like Tierney, from the few matches I've seen, and I could easily see him move the pitch ala Bale if he progresses. He still is potential though, and I'm guessing our interest in Sessegnon overlaps with this profile player and position.

Completely agree. Sessegnon seems far more likely to me - younger, similar price, more potential, english,....

Correa is a striker though

All I keep reading is how good the Celtic boy is so why don't we pay them what they want and get him, more rounded than AWB I read
That's makes sense, I assumed he was a right back!
Do you mean Tierney? As he's a left back. Although if Rose is going then I think he'd be an excellent buy.

Good luck to him. I never thought he was good enough and last season hardened that view. But he’s a pretty likable character and always came across as humble and self aware in interviews. I hope he does well in Spain.

He's more of an attacking midfield / support striker than an out and out No9. He would be a pretty reasonable Eriksen replacement / alternative if we were able to keep the Dane as well.

A couple of years ago he looked like he might be a real gem that A Madrid had uncovered, I haven't really followed his progress over the last season or so, but I don't think Simeone is the best at developing young freeform attackers.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Fapatalk

He's more of an attacking midfield / support striker than an out and out No9. He would be a pretty reasonable Eriksen replacement / alternative if we were able to keep the Dane as well.

A couple of years ago he looked like he might be a real gem that A Madrid had uncovered, I haven't really followed his progress over the last season or so, but I don't think Simeone is the best at developing young freeform attackers.

He's not really Eriksen in terms of style though from what I've seen. Moura is the closest comparison which we have to him in my view

I'd say he's probably somewhere between Moira and Eriksen. Like you say he's much more of a dribbler than Eriksen is, but I would say his passing range and vision is more akin to Eriksen's than say Moira. Either way assuming he hasn't completely lost his way he'd be a decent addition to our attacking options.

Poor season after a great World Cup. I think his confidence is shot though, and towards the end of the season he seemed like a player who didn't want even to cross the ball for fear of making a hash of it. Shame though, as he is a v v nice guy. A few seasons ago when he was new on the scene my son and I were in the old West Stand car park after a match - lots of fans trying to get Harry & Co to sign autographs and we saw KT slip out of the side door. He saw we'd spotted him, beckoned us over, signed my son's shirt and programme. Big smiles all round. A gent. And for that I wish him well on the next chapter of his career.

Poor season after a great World Cup. I think his confidence is shot though, and towards the end of the season he seemed like a player who didn't want even to cross the ball for fear of making a hash of it. Shame though, as he is a v v nice guy. A few seasons ago when he was new on the scene my son and I were in the old West Stand car park after a match - lots of fans trying to get Harry & Co to sign autographs and we saw KT slip out of the side door. He saw we'd spotted him, beckoned us over, signed my son's shirt and programme. Big smiles all round. A gent. And for that I wish him well on the next chapter of his career.

That’s really lovely to hear and it doesn’t surprise me. Seems a good bloke when interviewed and I thought his behaviour with the fans at the end of the CL Final was classy. I hope the next stage works out for him.

I like Tierney, from the few matches I've seen, and I could easily see him move up the pitch eventually like Bale if he progresses. He still is potential though, and I'm guessing our interest in Sessegnon overlaps with this profile player and position.

I'm with you on this one, he has a lot of potential and seems like a good lad, but left back just doesn't feel like his best position.

If it's all true and he does go to Madrid, I wish him all the best. As people have said, he seems a decent bloke and it's not his fault that he got massively over-hyped at the World Cup. If it's true that he wasn't 100% through last season (was it a hernia?), then fair play to him.

He'd have been worshipped at Spurs a few years ago -- remember how we all thought Stevie Carr was the second coming? -- but we're beyond that now. We need better to meet our aspirations.

Do you think I could get odds on Simeone throttling Trippier with his bare hands by Christmas?

He's a good bloke. Pretty damn sub-par as a player, but a decent bloke who was man enough to admit when he had bad spells, and went up to the fans to console them after the heartbreak of the final.

Doesn't deserve the vitriol he's getting online, but then no player (except Judas) does - Twitter really is a cesspit.

Indeed, I think he's the perfect back up right back, as he was for us when we were in full flow. Not good enough to be first choice for a team at our level and getting on a bit so it's best for all parties really.

Glad he's brave enough to go abroad and try a new adventure, hope he scores against Real.

SSN:
Atletico Madrid have agreed a £21.7m (€24m) deal with Tottenham to sign Kieran Trippier, Sky Sports News understands.

Spurs were offered the chance to sign striker Angel Correa during negotiations but have instead opted for a straight cash deal.

Trippier is due in Spain on Wednesday to undergo a medical and there is confidence on all sides that the transfer can be completed by the weekend.
Sky Sports News revealed last week Trippier is also on Bayern Munich's shortlist, while Spurs' other right-back, Serge Aurier, is available for transfer this summer.

Marseille's Hiroki Sakai is the type of player Tottenham want to bring in to replace Trippier and Aurier, Sky Sports News understands.

Back