• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Danny Rose

I think if a club gives permission for a player to talk to another club ,I think the next logical step is to give that player a pen to sign for that club,whats left to do??

You need permission from a club to open negotiations/make contact.

Thats step 1.

Interest in a player, get permission to speak to them, then decide if you are/are not interested in going further.

No where near actually signing anyone, IMO, with a huge amount to negotiate from that point on, if you even want to pursue it.

You mean pointing out the different way that the actions of a young black player (not Sterling) were reported compared to a young white player?
No, sterling saying the press were giving him a hard time on his England lack of goals because he was black.
When actually the press gives almost all English players a hard time whether they deserve it or not.

No, sterling saying the press were giving him a hard time on his England lack of goals because he was black.
When actually the press gives almost all English players a hard time whether they deserve it or not.

Did he actually say that?
And, even if he did (which I genuinely do not recall to be the case) can you truly claim that some of the tabloids were not going oddly overboard on their Sterling focus?

Did he actually say that?
And, even if he did (which I genuinely do not recall to be the case) can you truly claim that some of the tabloids were not going oddly overboard on their Sterling focus?
I'm pretty sure he heavily implied it.
Where the press going overboard? Imho yes, but no more than they do on England players all tge time. Where its hugely positive like with stones or unnecessarily negative with sterling.
It sells papers, sad but true.

I absolutely adore Danny Rose and would sad to see him go but not surprised. Been an immense part of the Pochettino years, and I'll miss having him at the club. That said, he's getting on a bit, and I think we can find quality replacements for him. Will always be a fan, but I understand why it might be best for all parties for him to move on. Where to? Who knows...

Sessegnon is not a full back so unless it is a back 3 for us (Not sure tbh) he's not gonna be a like for like replacement . I really hope Danny is just recovering from some manner of health issue and comes back ready to go.

To be fair I think Sterling was picked on because he is black and he was right to point out that the press reported stories differently if the person was black or white.

For the record I thought he was utter cack at the last world cup. But was my player of the season last year.

Sterling does feel like he has gone on a PR over drive now and it all feels very polished with him inviting the school kids to the F.A. cup final. Nothing wrong in it but an old cynic like me sees it and rolls his eyes, same as when some soppy actor cries on a talk show.

Think Rose is right to bring up race as it is still an issue and seems to have got worse since the Brexit vote, something I voted for but have to admit it has brought out some idiots who don't understand the noble sentiment of wanting to be a democracy.

Also with regards race, I noticed in myself I would often describe people as black when telling a story or recounting an event in the negative. But would not describe people as white(chavs) when describing them in the negative.

Now I don't consider myself a racist. I know I'm not on the surface, but through poor language choices I was perpetuating negative images of black people. I think this is what rose and sterling were talking about.

I will never be so closed minded as to not admit to being wrong about something or being prepared to change my behaviour. To be otherwise would to be lazy or stupid and I fcuking hate lazy and stupid people.

Think you're thinking of Dennis Cirkin, but he played at the weekend for the u23's, which I think means he's not expected to travel. Maybe this could change things?

From what I've seen of him (only 2 or 3 games) he's nowhere near as good as KWP was at the same age.

Back