• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Team for 19/20

SpurMeUp

Jimmy Cantrell
In 1 months time we'll be picking over our first competitive game of the season! In just under 4 weeks we play on the saturday the 10th. What will our line up be?

Lloris

Trippier Toby averts Rose

Ndombele Winks

Son Alli Lo Celso

Kane

Hope I’m wrong about Trippier but no one seems to be coming in for him and we don’t appear to be in the market for a new right back. Id sooner play any other defender at right back such as Aurier, Foyth or even Davies even though he’s a left back and not a RB. Trippier cost us so many goals and points last season.

Lloris

Trippier Toby averts Rose

Ndombele Winks

Son Alli Lo Celso

Kane

Hope I’m wrong about Trippier but no one seems to be coming in for him and we don’t appear to be in the market for a new right back. Id sooner play any other defender at right back such as Aurier, Foyth or even Davies even though he’s a left back and not a RB. Trippier cost us so many goals and points last season.

I agree with your team though I expect Trippier to leave - there seem to be a few rumours about interest in him. I wouldnt be surprised to see us sign Dani Alves - there's not many RBs who seem complete no-brainers as replacements for Trippier so buying another 12, perhaps 24, months by signing Alves make sense, and it also gives Aurier 12 months to prove he's not brain-dead and could be a long-term solution at RB. Ditto re KWP.

As interesting is who is in the rest of the 18 - Ceballos? Sessegnon? Llorente-replacement etc?

----------Lloris

Foyth Alder Verts Davies

----Sissoko Winks

----Eriksen Alli Son

---------Kane

Subs (from): Gazzaniga, Whiteman, Aurier, KWP, Sanchez, Sessegnon, Ndombele, Dier, Skipp, Lamela, Moura, Lo Celso, Parrott

Last edited:
Think we will still do some more business, but for whatever reason, I think we will be mostly left with the same fullbacks as last season. Hope that the added steel and control in midfield will help them a bit.

-----------------Lloris--------
Aurier--Toby--Vertonghen--Rose
-----Winks----Ndombele----
Dele----Lo Celso-----Sonny
----------Kane---------------

BENCH: Gazza, Trippier, Sanchez, Sissoko, Sessegnon, Lamela, Lucas

Starting XI
============

--------------Lloris---------------
-----Foyth--Sanchez--Verts-----
Tripps--N'Dombele-Winks--Rose
------Eriksen--Kane--Dele------

Bench
==========
Gazza as goalie sub
Davies to cover Verts and Rose
Alderweireld to cover Sanchez and Foyth
Sissoko to cover the middle two
Moura, Son and Lamela to cover the front three

Bring in Sessegnon who can cover Rose and possibly Dele's positions, Lo-Celso to compete with the middle two and Dele and a decent right back.
It would be quite a streamlined squad if we can shift a right back or two and maybe trade up on Lamela who I rate but is never fit.

After much consideration, it can only be:

45221570_10155918411453733_5591392857786155008_n.jpg

Starting XI
============

--------------Lloris---------------
-----Foyth--Sanchez--Verts-----
Tripps--N'Dombele-Winks--Rose
------Eriksen--Kane--Dele------

Bench
==========
Gazza as goalie sub
Davies to cover Verts and Rose
Alderweireld to cover Sanchez and Foyth
Sissoko to cover the middle two
Moura, Son and Lamela to cover the front three

Bring in Sessegnon who can cover Rose and possibly Dele's positions, Lo-Celso to compete with the middle two and Dele and a decent right back.
It would be quite a streamlined squad if we can shift a right back or two and maybe trade up on Lamela who I rate but is never fit.

Alderweireld is better than Sánchez and Foyth. If he’s still here then he should be first choice with Vertonghen.

Hopefully Trippier will be gone and we will have a different RB also

Welp, with Rose and Trippier seemingly on the outs, we'll have to do some more business....

GK: Lloris, Gazza, Whiteman

RB: Aurier, ATAL (25), KWP
LB: Davies, SESESGNON (25)

RCB: Alderweireld, Sanchez
LCB: Vertonghen, Foyth

CM1: NDOMBELE (55), Sissoko, Skipp
CM2: Winks, Dier

ACM: LO CELSO (60), Lamela

SECOND ST: Dele, (Lamela)

WIDE FWD: Sonny, Lucas
ST: Kane, (Son), Parrott

SELL: Eriksen (70), Wanyama (15), Trippier (25), Rose (25), Janssen (free), Nkou (Free), Llorente (Free)
BUY: Ndom (55), Lo Celso (60), Sess bros (30), Atal (25)
NET SPEND: 40 mil

Team:

---------Lloris----------
Atal--Alder--Vertonghen--Davies
---Ndombele--Winks-
Lo Celso--Dele---Sonny
---------Kane----------

Or, and I realllly like this team against the weaker teams in the Prem. (Against the better teams you can swap a more tactically reserved midfielder like Winks or Sissoko for GLC).

----------Lloris-----------
---Alder--Sanchez--JVT
Atal---------------------Sessegnon
----Ndombele--Lo Celso
Son-----Kane------Dele

That front 5 could be absolutely immense with Atal and Sess getting down the wings.

So much flexibility in this squad!

I have a feeling that we are going back to a diamond in midfield

........................Winks/Dier/Howells

N'Dombele/Sissoko/Anderton..................Lo Celso/Lamela/Samways

.......................Eriksen/Alli/Dozzell

KWP will play right back as Foyth is Bassonged?
Who will play LB? Davies I guess if Rose is off.
Will Winks partner Tanguy or Sissoko!?

Last edited:
.............Lloris...............
Foyth...Alder...Vert...Davies
......Sissoko.....Winks.........
Lo Celso..NDombele..Eriksen
...............Kane...............

Subs;
Gazzanigga
Aurier
Dier
Alli
Son
Sessegnon

.............Lloris...............
Foyth...Alder...Vert...Davies
......Sissoko.....Winks.........
Lo Celso..NDombele..Eriksen
...............Kane...............

Subs;
Gazzanigga
Aurier
Dier
Alli
Son
Sessegnon

I rarely expect Alli to not be first choice

I rarely expect Alli to not be first choice

I thought that to begin with then couldn't work out where he'd fit in, I don't expect £ 60m players to sit on the bench so unless NDombele plays deeper alongside Sissoko and Alli comes in to the three with Lo Celso and Eriksen I couldn't fit him in to my lineup.

Back