• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Tittle-Tattle

Re: Maguire: I personally think Utd have had a ‘mare. Good player, but absolutely not £80m quality. They keep putting all their eggs in average baskets.

Shades of Andy Carroll with the Dunk fee, but he’s brick.

On the plus side for us it would make paying Toby a descent salary seem like the bargain of the century (provided he’d be willing to)

Given the very strong rumours suggest that he earns €600k per week, the wages part of that just isnt credible. No way that we'd bring in a new top earner on c.€300k given the knock-on implications on other contract negotiations. The fee bit possibly is more credible even though signing a 30 year old isn't our typical approach, and assuming that part of the fee was performance reltaed

Not sure where the 600 figure comes from all the sites I've seen say between 300 and 350. I still can't see Spurs paying that much but if RM want rid maybe they will pay some of the money.

Not sure where the 600 figure comes from all the sites I've seen say between 300 and 350. I still can't see Spurs paying that much but if RM want rid maybe they will pay some of the money.

Perhaps the confusion is that you see post-tax salary reported in some places. Here's one which mentions £600k per week, and also mentions your 350 figures as a post-tax amount

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/oct/30/gareth-bale-real-madrid-new-contract-2022

Just cant see us putting him on a higher salary than Kane. Real dont have many options at all if they want shot of him; few clubs will cover his salary so they'll ahve to subsidise it

Re: Maguire: I personally think Utd have had a ‘mare. Good player, but absolutely not £80m quality. They keep putting all their eggs in average baskets.

Shades of Andy Carroll with the Dunk fee, but he’s brick.

On the plus side for us it would make paying Toby a descent salary seem like the bargain of the century (provided he’d be willing to)

Only just over a week left for someone to meet the £25m Toby buy-out fee now...

Perhaps the confusion is that you see post-tax salary reported in some places. Here's one which mentions £600k per week, and also mentions your 350 figures as a post-tax amount

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/oct/30/gareth-bale-real-madrid-new-contract-2022

Just cant see us putting him on a higher salary than Kane. Real dont have many options at all if they want shot of him; few clubs will cover his salary so they'll ahve to subsidise it

That makes more sense, I agree we wouldn't pay 300k a week so if RM really do want shot of him they'll have to subsidise the deal majorly.

So the fact that after he came to Lollerpool and got a chance to bed in they went from shaky at the back to the best defense in the PL means nothing? Or the fact that he won PFA player of the year? Or the fact that he is widely considered as the best CB out there right now by most experts?

All I can say is... wow! o_O

Liverpool also reshaped their midfield in the absence of Coutinho and had them pressing like pshychos, I would suggest this had as much as anything to do with their improved defence. Not that it ever gets mentioned, the narrative of VVD single handedly saving their back line is far to compelling for most.

PFA is a popularity contest, couldnt give a toss. Just as most "experts" are proven idiots.

He is 30 today.

And I still cant get on board with signing him, cant help feeling its a disaster waiting to happen.

Liverpool also reshaped their midfield in the absence of Coutinho and had them pressing like pshychos, I would suggest this had as much as anything to do with their improved defence. Not that it ever gets mentioned, the narrative of VVD single handedly saving their back line is far to compelling for most.

PFA is a popularity contest, couldnt give a toss. Just as most "experts" are proven idiots.

There was a stat that Liverpool actually won more games when coutinho didn't play and that was before vvd

Norwich stocking up at RB
Norwich City have signed right-back Sam Byram from Premier League rivals West Ham United for an undisclosed fee.

The Englishman has joined the newly promoted Canaries on a four-year deal and is their fourth summer signing.

Byram spent last season on loan at Championship side Nottingham Forest, but made only eight appearances because of a knee injury.

"I had a nasty injury last year and it was nice to finish the season with a couple of games," said Byram, 25.

"This feels like a new chapter, a fresh start."

Byram started his career at Leeds United, scoring 10 goals in 143 appearances, before moving to West Ham in January 2016.

He featured 36 times for the Hammers.

Tottenham are willing to pay Real Madrid £54m for former forward Gareth Bale, 30, but Spurs have told the Spanish giants they would not be able to afford the Wales international's reported £600,000-a-week wages. (Marca, via Express)

Roma director Gianluca Petrachi has confirmed his club's interest in signing Tottenham's Belgium defender Toby Alderweireld, 30. (Football Italia)

https://www.marca.com/en/football/real-madrid/2019/07/15/5d2cf43b46163f9f518b45af.html

Tottenham Hotspur show interest in Bale return

The main objective that Real Madrid had been looking to achieve as part of their clear-out this summer may have found a solution as Los Blancos look to sell Gareth Bale.

It is not just any solution either as Tottenham Hotspur have shown an interest in re-signing the Welshman, who left White Hart Lane to move to the Estadio Santiago Bernabeu in 2013.

The Champions League runners-up have informed Real Madrid that they would be prepared to pay a fee between 50 and 60 million euros.

However, they also made clear to his representatives that the 17 million euros net that he earns each season would not be realistic for the club, who could only afford around half of that.

Now it is Real Madrid who must decide what to do and whether they rescind his contract for the next three seasons to liquidate half of that amount, about 25 million euros.

Zidane doesn't want him
Bale, who celebrates his 30th birthday on Tuesday, has known for some time that Zinedine Zidane is not counting on him for next season and the pair have discussed it, which is part of why Bale would be open to a return to the Premier League, London and a club who gave him a chance to move to the elite level.

Despite that, he is not prepared to give up the three years of contract that he has already signed for.

After a disappointing campaign last year, Real Madrid know that it will not be easy to sell him and there are only 24 days until the Premier League transfer window shuts.

FIFA's Financial Fair Play limits will also require sales to ensure that sales are at least 100 million euros less than their purchases, which currently stand at 300 million euros.

Bale, James Rodriguez and Mariano Diaz are all on the market, and there has also been interest from China in Bale, including from Shanghai Shenhua.

The Chinese club, previously managed by Quique Sanchez Flores, offered him an even better wage than he currently earns in Spain, but would only sign him on a free transfer, which Real Madrid refused to even consider.

'I DON'T COMMENT ON RUBBISH'

Meanwhile, Gareth Bale's agent, Jonathan Barnett, has told talkSPORT that contrary to some reports, Spurs have not made a bid to re-sign the Wales forward from Real Madrid.

"I do not comment on rubbish," said the super agent.

Real Betis manager drops hint over Giovani Lo Celso's future amid talk of £70m Spurs transfer
Spurs transfer news includes comments from the new Real Betis manager on Giovani Lo Celso's future

Real Betis manager Rubi has once again been speaking about the future of Giovani Lo Celso .

The Argentina midfielder is a summer transfer target for Tottenham Hotspur as Mauricio Pochettino aims to bolster his squad in the hope of mounting a Premier League title challenge next season

There was even talk of an €60million (£52.8m) offer being made for the 23-year-old before he jetted off to Brazil for the Copa America.

Real Madrid's transfer 'u-turn' which could be fantastic news for Tottenham and Man United
However, Mundo Deportivo have since disputed those claims by revealing that while Spurs did make a bid for Lo Celso it did not exceed 40 million euros (£35m) - which is way short of Betis' €100m (£89m) asking price.

Now that Lo Celso is back from the Copa America talk of a move to Spurs has intensified and Rubi has admitted his side must sell before they can buy amid links to Nabil Fekir.

"We all want new faces soon but in the end we also look for the economic benefit and it is not easy," Rubi told El Desmarque .

Then when asked about possible departures, without naming Lo Celso specifically, he added: “I know who does or does not have that intention. We are talking about a case in which the idea is very clear to leave.

"The rest is staying."

Although, Rubi was pressed further on the Argentine potentially leaving before deadline day next month and his response was rather telling.

"It could be, as a coach, I am delighted that he can join and help him do what he did last year and enjoy football."

Lo Celso has an £88m release clause in his contract with Betis who are willing to do a deal for around £70m which would mean Tottenham breaking their transfer record twice in the same summer.

Although, football.london understands that Spurs are reluctant to do so. Therefore. it looks likely that Lo Celso will be staying put unless Betis lower their demands or pursue a deal for Dani Ceballos.

The 300 / 350 figure is after tax. Many European clubs announce wages net of tax.

I don't think they changed their style of play did they? The "gegen pressing" or whatever they called it came in with Klopp. I think they have changed players but not their system. I cannot understand though how you can not think VVD was anything other than imperious last season.

I don't think they changed their style of play did they? The "gegen pressing" or whatever they called it came in with Klopp. I think they have changed players but not their system. I cannot understand though how you can not think VVD was anything other than imperious last season.

They played through Coutinho a lot, with him between strikers and midfield.

Without him they became much more direct and had an extra body in midfield to press and harrass.

IMO they changed quite a bit, and it was a change that made them less interesting to watch (IMO) but more defensively strong throughout the team.

I have never denied VVD was good, Im saying he wasnt as good as the hype. "Imperious" being just such an example, IMO.

I have never denied VVD was good, Im saying he wasnt as good as the hype. "Imperious" being just such an example, IMO.
That's the sort of thing that fans of other clubs said about Harry Kane a couple of seasons ago. The hype typically happens because the player has been extremely good. Do you think there is a better centre half in the Premier League right now than VVD?

Back