• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

If he stays this season, then he will have dozens of clubs after him in January. Juventus will wait for him, Bayern, PSG, Real, Barca, Dortmund, Atletico you name them. All of the top european clubs will be in for him when he is a free agent and they will be able to start talking to him on 1st january which is 5 months away. Paying him £300k a week will save them £ms in the end, rather than £150k and a £50m transfer fee now. Absolute zero chance of him signing a new contract, as I have said he has gone too far down the line. If it was 2 years to go on his contract then maybe, but he would be an absolute fool to do it now.

That’s presuming a. These other clubs want him. They don’t seem too fused about signing him right now. b. He’s fit and c. His form improves and Poch chooses to play him.

If there are only clubs interested who are on a par or a step down from us, then he may as well sign up.

I agree it’s unlikely he will stay. But I think there is a decent argument for him to if there are no bids for him this summer. He’s wanted and loved here.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

How many of the teams you mention pay £300k a week in wages, certainly not Atletico, Bayern, Dortmund or Juventus (other than for Ronaldo)
I think you may have missed the point. Spending £50m on a player plus £100k wages = a lot of money. Spending zero on transfer fee and £300k wages = probably half of the 1st equation so they would be able to afford those wages.

Also a quick google search says that Lewandowski is on EUR 225,000 a week...

Polish striker Robert Lewandowski is said to be the highest earner at the club on €225 000 (R3.32 million) a week, which is a substantially higher wage than any other player at the Bavarians.

Wingers Franck Ribery and Arjen Robben are believed to follow Lewandowski with their weekly wages of €160 000 (R2.64 million), although both players' deals expire at the end of the season.

French attacker Kingsley Coman is fourth with his weekly earnings of €157 000 (R2.32 million), according to the Silly Season report, and his contract expires in 2023.

Forward Thomas Muller, goalkeeper Manuel Neuer and midfielder Arturo Vidal are all believed to be on €150 000 (R2.21 million) a week, while Defenders Jerome Boateng and David Alaba reportedly follow with their weekly wages of €135 000 (R1.99 million), and Mats Hummels is believed to be on €125 000 (R1.84 million) a week.

Griezmann was on £342k per week at Atletico..

Antoine Griezmann France ST £17,800,000 £342,307

Marco Reus top earner at Dortmund - £160,000

Juventus
Ronaldo £500k per week ish
Admittedly the rest are £100k and below.

Last edited:

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/manchester-united-transfer-news-christian-eriksen-tottenham-paul-pogba-rumours-latest-updates-a9005486.html
Manchester United transfer news: Tottenham’s Christian Eriksen lined up should Paul Pogba leave
Pogba has declared his desire to leave, with Eriksen an ideal replacement with just one year left on his Spurs contract

Manchester United will resurrect interest in Tottenham Hotspur’s Christian Eriksen if Paul Pogba eventually leaves the club this summer.

The two midfielders’ futures have been interlinked all year, given both have made clear their desire to leave, and both see Real Madrid as a first preference.

It is now possible that the Spanish club go for neither, and Pogba’s future remains up in the air amid interest from Paris Saint-Germain and Juventus, but United have been making some contingency plans.

United will also push ahead with a £50m bid for Sporting’s prolific goalscoring midfielder Bruno Fernandes.

Eriksen – whose contract with Tottenham runs out next year – would serve as an almost perfect alternative, and arguably an upgrade given their comparative productivity over the last few years.

The Dane doesn’t have the commercial appeal of Pogba, however, which has played into the difference in price and status.

Eriksen and his camp would be put off by the fact United are not in the Champions League, but the Old Trafford feel they may be able to leverage the situation if there is no movement – and no new contract – before the window ends. The saga is likely to run right until the end of the window.

Just as with Pogba, the possibility of Eriksen staying at Tottenham is not impossible, as he has a huge contract offer on the table with a club in a much better position than United right now.

United will meanwhile persist with the pursuits of Saudi Sportswashing Machine’s Sean Longstaff as well as Fernandes.

No Eriksen in today's pre-season pics. Anyone know where he was?

Ceballos loan close now apparently. 2+2 an all that.

Because I think he should have been the decent man to say "I will sign a contract only on the premise that I can be sold, so that you can get your transfer fee." Once a player wants to go you shouldnt force them to stay but what you can do is compromise. The fact he is running down his contract to get 4 times your salary, still IMO shows that he is a mercenary. It's all about the money. As said before, no one needs to be on £300 or £400k. His £80k is more than enough, and he would have got a payrise if he signed and then we sold within 6 months. Both parties would have been happy. I dont agree with the Bosman ruling and never will.

Let me get this right, it is okay for Levy to do what he thinks is best for Tottenham, but it is not okay for Eriksen to do what he thinks is best for him?

No Eriksen in today's pre-season pics. Anyone know where he was?

Ceballos loan close now apparently. 2+2 an all that.
I’ve seen him in the NDombele vids last week, but in the background, so he did return.

Whether he’s still around? Who’s knows?!

Let me get this right, it is okay for Levy to do what he thinks is best for Tottenham, but it is not okay for Eriksen to do what he thinks is best for him?
Dude. You're missing my point or you just don't agree with me, which is fair enough. He could easily sign a new contract, say last year and compromised with the club. Shook on a gentleman's agreement that we would let him go if a reasonable offer comes in as long as he signs a contract extension so that we can get a fee. What he has done is been a little clam about it and run down his contract to get money. Mercenary. I don't want him to play for the club again, he's a greedy little fudger. Yes he's looked out for himself but it's morally wrong after we've paid a fee for him. It's done all the time I get it as its legal but it's morally wrong. People that run down their contracts deserve the worst luck in football.

Last edited:
I think there are only 2 clubs who might sign him Madrid or United and it all depends on Pogba, Madrid have bought 5 players already and I assume Pogba is their first choice and if he does sign for them then that just leaves United which is why I think Levy is setting a high price.

I.ll say this once.

NDombele is absolutely no replacement for Erikson.
NDombele at best maybe an improvement.. cover for Sissoko leaving..but IMO we would still have to keep Erikson to stop us going backwards this season!!
Or...find a guy to replace Erikson that scores goals..otherwise it's backwards for us IMO...sorry for the negativity....lol..

Dude. You're missing my point or you just don't agree with me, which is fair enough. He could easily sign a new contract, say last year and compromised with the club. Shook on a gentleman's agreement that we would let him go if a reasonable offer comes in as long as he signs a contract extension so that we can get a fee. What he has done is been a little clam about it and run down his contract to get money. Mercenary. I don't want him to play for the club again, he's a greedy little fudger. Yes he's looked out for himself but it's morally wrong after we've paid a fee for him. It's done all the time I get it as its legal but it's morally wrong. People that run down their contracts deserve the worst luck in football.[/QUO

I'm not so sure about him being greedy..but it may be a good move for us to extend his contract so we can get a fee for him in the future..obviously...

Dude. You're missing my point or you just don't agree with me, which is fair enough. He could easily sign a new contract, say last year and compromised with the club. Shook on a gentleman's agreement that we would let him go if a reasonable offer comes in as long as he signs a contract extension so that we can get a fee. What he has done is been a little clam about it and run down his contract to get money. Mercenary. I don't want him to play for the club again, he's a greedy little fudger. Yes he's looked out for himself but it's morally wrong after we've paid a fee for him. It's done all the time I get it as its legal but it's morally wrong. People that run down their contracts deserve the worst luck in football.

I'm not so sure about him being greedy ..but it would be a good move for us to extend his contract to get a fee if or when he does leave.

I.ll say this once.

NDombele is absolutely no replacement for Erikson.
NDombele at best maybe an improvement.. cover for Sissoko leaving..but IMO we would still have to keep Erikson to stop us going backwards this season!!
Or...find a guy to replace Erikson that scores goals..otherwise it's backwards for us IMO...sorry for the negativity....lol..

He's not meant to be an Eriksen replacement

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/tottenham/tottenham-star-christian-eriksen-on-atletico-madrid-transfer-wishlist-a4191086.html

Tottenham star Christian Eriksen on Atletico Madrid transfer wishlist

Christian Eriksen is one of the names identified by Atletico Madrid as they look to sign a playmaker.

Standard Sport understands the Dane, who has one year remaining on his contract at Tottenham, is a target for Atletico, who have been one of the most active elite clubs in the market this summer. Coach Diego Simeone wants to add a creative midfielder to his squad and it is believed Spurs are aware of Atletico’s interest.

Tottenham are chasing midfield targets of their own. They signed Tanguy Ndombele for a club-record £63million from Lyon earlier this month and both Giovani Lo Celso, of Real Betis, and Real Madrid’s Dani Ceballos are on their radar.

Eriksen said last month that he was pondering a move away from Spurs, who he joined in 2013, amid interest from Real Madrid. After six years in north London, Eriksen admitted that he was keen to try something new.

While Spurs would demand a high price for the 27-year-old, they know he can leave for free at the end of next season if the two sides cannot agree a new contract.

I think there are only 2 clubs who might sign him Madrid or United and it all depends on Pogba, Madrid have bought 5 players already and I assume Pogba is their first choice and if he does sign for them then that just leaves United which is why I think Levy is setting a high price.

If he does set a high price he needs to gauge it just right. He got it wrong with Vincent Janssen last summer and priced him out of a move. We ended up paying his wages for the season and now we will end up getting less money this season, if anything at all. And if we do not sell him now he walks for nothing next summer.

Back