• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Cricket Thread

Complacency. They probs thought they'd beaten the best in the competition so this would be easy. New Zealand didn't really bat brilliantly but still managed to get a decent score. England gave away too many cheap runs. That said, they should still be beating NZs score.

It’s a battle now but 30 odd extras have hurt from the NZ innings

NZ didn’t deserve that, England have spent all day trying to lose this.

Those last 12 runs in the 50, absolutely nuts.

Agree we were lucky. Those extra 4 runs off Stokes bat running back, the 6/catch where the fielder steps back onto the ropes. What a game.

Crickets boring.....

That was me a good number of years ago. Cricket was boring, boring, boring. The now-Mr GL would tell me that I only thought that because I didn't understand it. I took it upon myself to watch and understand the game, just to prove that I understood it, and it was still boring.
And I have had to concede (rare occurrence) that as I have watched and learned, it is actually a fascinating game. I don't pretend to understand even half of it, and when I watch it I probably drive people around me mad with questions, but I enjoy the tactical nuances and I'm learning to appreciate the very different approaches to - for example - limited overs games vs 5 day tests.
It will never beat football for me, but I can say it is far from boring.

Incredible, absolutely buzzing for that, what a watch

Credit to NZ they were incredible today and for me the better team, very unlucky to lose

From where we were 4 years ago to where we are today, that takes so much hard work and application from all, absolutely brilliant England

Cricket has won a lot of new fans today and rightly so

Roll, on the Ashes !!

Incredible, absolutely buzzing for that, what a watch

Credit to NZ they were incredible today and for me the better team, very unlucky to lose

From where we were 4 years ago to where we are today, that takes so much hard work and application from all, absolutely brilliant England

Cricket has won a lot of new fans today and rightly so

Roll, on the Ashes !!

I hope that today convinces the ECB to put some cricket on terrestrial TV.

Back