• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

Nobody is comparing their skills... just their ability to use them and be game changers in the big matches.

I disagree, Hazard is always going to stand out more because his main skill set is running with the ball, beating players by doing so. That gets players more noticed then what a player like Eriksen does.

The player on our team who could be compered to Hazard is Son, but lets not stop the Eriksen slagging ( all because he MAY want to leave us). Some football supporters are fickle and like old woman who are scorned.

I disagree, Hazard is always going to stand out more because his main skill set is running with the ball, beating players by doing so. That gets players more noticed then what a player like Eriksen does.

The player on our team who could be compered to Hazard is Son, but lets not stop the Eriksen slagging ( all because he MAY want to leave us). Some football supporters are fickle and like old woman who are scorned.
What's this MAY about? He said he wants to leave us. The fact he MAY not leave us doesn't mean he doesn't want to. That's a fact so you've got that wrong mate.

No ones being fickle, you of all people should know he has had these same questions asked of him throughout his time here as you more than anyone have been in here defending him over the years

No chance he signs a contract. He'd be a fool to do so after he has got this far. Not that I agree with what he's doing at all but the only options available are he's sold now or goes on a free in a year to a choice of 10 clubs. He's only got to wait until Christmas until he can talk and sign a pre contract with an overseas club.

Wouldn't surprise me if his agents already had chats with clubs prior to having official chats on Jan 1st. He doesn't want to be here but he's at a win win situation. He can still play like Ramsey did and be a hero and score some vital goals and leave with a clap on his last game, or he can go now and not have to play a single match for a company he no longer wants to work for. He will be earning 4 times what he's currently earning. He's a mercenary like the majority of footballers and the sooner he's gone the better. Good riddance.

How many other clubs are there that he wants to go to? If none of them are showing love for him, which they clearly are not, what are his options? We could probably offer close to what he'd get on a free in a year's time when he's 28. And who knows what will happen with his form or injuries or Spurs prospects this coming season. There is a good case for him signing up.

Gooners are so desperate for a decent player that they were right behind Ramsey, I also think his agents did well saying Arsenal had withdrew their offer so it was on the club. What can the club say in response? That's untrue, that would turn the fans against Ramsey when they might as well try to get the best out of him. The waters were pretty muddied with him.

I'm not sure we're as desperate as them, and it depends how flaccid Eriksen is going to be this season.

No chance he signs a contract. He'd be a fool to do so after he has got this far. Not that I agree with what he's doing at all but the only options available are he's sold now or goes on a free in a year to a choice of 10 clubs. He's only got to wait until Christmas until he can talk and sign a pre contract with an overseas club.

Wouldn't surprise me if his agents already had chats with clubs prior to having official chats on Jan 1st. He doesn't want to be here but he's at a win win situation. He can still play like Ramsey did and be a hero and score some vital goals and leave with a clap on his last game, or he can go now and not have to play a single match for a company he no longer wants to work for. He will be earning 4 times what he's currently earning. He's a mercenary like the majority of footballers and the sooner he's gone the better. Good riddance.

I agree with most of what you say but not the very end.

I am sure people, me included, only want him replaced because he has made it clear that he wants out

Pretty much this. I wanted him to stay up the point where he said he wants to leave. Now we need to replace him this summer. Eriksen is more than likely to leave eventually but if we sign someone now then we give him longer to bed into the side even if Eriksen doesn’t walk until next summer.

He's a mercenary like the majority of footballers and the sooner he's gone the better. Good riddance.

When a key player wants to leave us when he has two or three years left on his contract we say he has a contract and that he should honour it, now that is fair and square.

So if Eriksen decides to honour his contract and see out the remaining year why call him a mercenary? It would be a simple case of he signed a contract and he wants to honour it, you cannot have it both ways.

If I were Eriksen I would probably go on a free next summer if I did not get my dream move this window. If I am Levy I am going to try my best to get a deal done now even if it means accepting a lower price than I would have wished. The third option is to encourage Eriksen to play his heart out like Ramsey did any who knows you might even be able to sell him on January.

This is what can happen when you fail to tie up you key players.

I agree we need to stop slagging him off, but lets face it, he has made it clear he wants to leave, and as I keep on saying, I have no problem with that whatsoever

How many other clubs are there that he wants to go to? If none of them are showing love for him, which they clearly are not, what are his options? We could probably offer close to what he'd get on a free in a year's time when he's 28. And who knows what will happen with his form or injuries or Spurs prospects this coming season. There is a good case for him signing up.
If he stays this season, then he will have dozens of clubs after him in January. Juventus will wait for him, Bayern, PSG, Real, Barca, Dortmund, Atletico you name them. All of the top european clubs will be in for him when he is a free agent and they will be able to start talking to him on 1st january which is 5 months away. Paying him £300k a week will save them £ms in the end, rather than £150k and a £50m transfer fee now. Absolute zero chance of him signing a new contract, as I have said he has gone too far down the line. If it was 2 years to go on his contract then maybe, but he would be an absolute fool to do it now.

When a key player wants to leave us when he has two or three years left on his contract we say he has a contract and that he should honour it, now that is fair and square.

So if Eriksen decides to honour his contract and see out the remaining year why call him a mercenary? It would be a simple case of he signed a contract and he wants to honour it, you cannot have it both ways.

If I were Eriksen I would probably go on a free next summer if I did not get my dream move this window. If I am Levy I am going to try my best to get a deal done now even if it means accepting a lower price than I would have wished. The third option is to encourage Eriksen to play his heart out like Ramsey did any who knows you might even be able to sell him on January.

This is what can happen when you fail to tie up you key players.
Because I think he should have been the decent man to say "I will sign a contract only on the premise that I can be sold, so that you can get your transfer fee." Once a player wants to go you shouldnt force them to stay but what you can do is compromise. The fact he is running down his contract to get 4 times your salary, still IMO shows that he is a mercenary. It's all about the money. As said before, no one needs to be on £300 or £400k. His £80k is more than enough, and he would have got a payrise if he signed and then we sold within 6 months. Both parties would have been happy. I dont agree with the Bosman ruling and never will.

If he stays this season, then he will have dozens of clubs after him in January. Juventus will wait for him, Bayern, PSG, Real, Barca, Dortmund, Atletico you name them. All of the top european clubs will be in for him when he is a free agent and they will be able to start talking to him on 1st january which is 5 months away. Paying him £300k a week will save them £ms in the end, rather than £150k and a £50m transfer fee now. Absolute zero chance of him signing a new contract, as I have said he has gone too far down the line. If it was 2 years to go on his contract then maybe, but he would be an absolute fool to do it now.

How many of the teams you mention pay £300k a week in wages, certainly not Atletico, Bayern, Dortmund or Juventus (other than for Ronaldo)

Back