• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Toby Alderweireld

I can see a deal being done if its a part X for Zaniolo.

Usually muddies the waters enough that both sides can claim a win/not lose face.

If its just a straight deal for Toby then its the release clause or get laughed out of the room.

Seriously, what is everyone waiting for, you have one of the best CB’s in world football available for 25m!!! Utd have just agreed 80m for maguire Ffs, just think about that for a minute!

Can only assume Toby's demands are so incredibly high that even Utd aren't up for it even though he would pretty much instantly improve them.

Sounds like him being a greedy bugger caused the problems we had last summer, and not its rearing its head again.

I can understand any player wanting that last big contract, but they have to go into it with an element of reason/reality

Sounds like him being a greedy bugger caused the problems we had last summer, and not its rearing its head again.

I can understand any player wanting that last big contract, but they have to go into it with an element of reason/reality

These are professional footballers, where contracts are concerned reason and reality go out the window.

If he actually wants a move and a decent deal he needs to be realistic in his demands.

As the complete lack of bids to date seems to verify.

When Lewis Dunk is being sold for £45m, Maguire £80m, Alderweireld at £25m is the best value transfer in the market - and nobody has snapped him up.

If he actually wants a move and a decent deal he needs to be realistic in his demands.

As the complete lack of bids to date seems to verify.

When Lewis Dunk is being sold for £45m, Maguire £80m, Alderweireld at £25m is the best value transfer in the market - and nobody has snapped him up.

£25m plus his personal requirements may be less than £45m plus Dunk's requests.

Obviously there's no comparison in quality of player but the total cost may be the same or even less for Dunk.

Which is my point.

It would appear Alderweireld is pricing himself out of a move.

He costs £20,000,000 less than Dunk, how high must his wages be to make Dunk a more economical option?

Why havent other clubs been in for him?

Its not like Utd arent desperate for someone like him, or like they arent prone to spending on wages. Top clubs all over europe should have come and got him already and yet none have.

Only Roma have been reported with significant interest, and now there are reports they have baulked at his contract demands.

Which is my point.

It would appear Alderweireld is pricing himself out of a move.

He costs £20,000,000 less than Dunk, how high must his wages be to make Dunk a more economical option?

Why havent other clubs been in for him?

Its not like Utd arent desperate for someone like him, or like they arent prone to spending on wages. Top clubs all over europe should have come and got him already and yet none have.

Only Roma have been reported with significant interest, and now there are reports they have baulked at his contract demands.

Age too plays a part

Dunk Is in his twenties at a guess and probably now on half of what toby is asking and would have a residual value over time a

Toby’s contract is to a career end and would cost £40m with no guarantees of any return

Age too plays a part

Dunk Is in his twenties at a guess and probably now on half of what toby is asking and would have a residual value over time a

Toby’s contract is to a career end and would cost £40m with no guarantees of any return

Dunk is 27, I actually thought he was mid 30s so was shocked to find out!

I completely understand some clubs desire for a residual value etc, but I honestly think Alderweireld is a player to buck the rule.

Look at Utd, he is literally PERFECT for them and their needs right now, and completely worth putting money into knowing they wont see any back.

£45m for Lewis Dunk. I had to read that a few times. I know fees have gone mad but £45m for Lewis Dunk???? That's it, I'm out.

The lad is a good centre half in a side like Brighton who sit in and get attacked. In a decent side, he'll be found wanting. Maguire is ridiculous at £80m but it represents better value than Dunk at £45m.

I've heard £25m quoted for Trippier. I'm no fan but I'd double that if the Maguire and Dunk fees happen.

I think it’s his age and contract length that’s the issue

I did read he wants £150k a week for a 5 year contract so a £40m wages commitment

Clubs like united have enough people draining wages already

Agreed, the fact they already have those players made me think he was a show in for Utd tbh.

Maguire is gonna end up on over 100k a week with his deal, £80m plus the wage commitments on a 4/5 year deal, blimey.

I suspect he's as much concerned about medals as he is about remuneration, and it's probably his agent who moved the wage goalposts, but the fact United aren't all over him anyway suggests to me he may already have indicated to them he's not interested in going there.

Due to the apparent lack of interest, he'd probably be better of staying (and that's better for us as well). We're very much on the up, top class facilities, and a very level headed sensible manager.

I'd give him 180-200k a year for 4 years. If you stretch that out to include all the time he's been here, the original transfer fee and the number of seasons he's been stuck on 65k.....it represents fantastic value for an excellent player

Back