• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

IMO anyway, the biggest issues we had last season were -

Being too reliant on Eriksen as the way we played.
Overusing him.
Injuries to players who help him be “more”.
Him being distracted and getting tired.
Him, ultimately, not being at his best.

Fatigue nearly knocked us out in Manchester.

I think Poch made the decision to never, ever go into a season again so reliant on one player in “that” sense.

Again, what Poch did last season was one of the greatest jobs a manager has done in recent times, though I still wonder if the VAR had gone against us in Manchester whether we’d be Thursday nights?
That Lloris save from the pen was pivotal for us coming 4th imo. We were like a boxer that had built up a comfortable lead in the first half of the fight but a combination of running out of steam and our opponents not having a knockout punch meant we managed to hang on to get the win.

Overusing him.

I think Poch made the decision to never, ever go into a season again so reliant on one player in “that” sense.

This is what some people are failing to understand and instead continue to have tunnel vision that everything as it was must be how it will be.

With this in mind I believe Poch wants to get lo celso and keep eriksen or if eriksen goes, then get another like ceballos or someone similar.

If we only get lo celso and lose eriksen, we will have to think very carefully about how we play and what we can realistically achieve.

This is because in the space of 6 months all we would have done is lost dembele, eriksen and llorente and replaced them with ndombele and lo celso.

Ndombele alone changes the dynamic of a Poch team. Let's assume he is even reasonably successful. He pauses the ball forward quickly and incisively something that Dembele was never capable of doing even at his best. Losing Eriksen would be a blow but adding another creative player in his stead and having Ndombele potentially improves the side.

It is not a case of replacing Dembele it is a case of improving upon him and changing everything we have become used to, slow zombie sideways passing in midfield and inability to transition quickly simply because our players any vision and capability.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Fapatalk

Ndombele alone changes the dynamic of a Poch team. Let's assume he is even reasonably successful. He pauses the ball forward quickly and incisively something that Dembele was never capable of doing even at his best. Losing Eriksen would be a blow but adding another creative player in his stead and having Ndombele potentially improves the side.

It is not a case of replacing Dembele it is a case of improving upon him and changing everything we have become used to, slow zombie sideways passing in midfield and inability to transition quickly simply because our players any vision and capability.

Dembele barely played last season and we were noticeably worse as a team for it. Bringing in N’dombele might get us back to those heady days under Moussa when we actually controlled games and didn’t look wide open in CM. Contrary to popular opinion on here Dembele wasn’t the problem as we saw last year in his absence.

True that. If we change the way we play and with Ndombele we can do that, replacing Eriksen with a completely different attacking midfielder will benefit us. I would prefer if the Eriksen saga was sorted ASAP so that we have time to change our style of play without him.

Last edited:
True that. If we change the way we play and with Ndombele we can do that, replacing Eriksen with a completely different attacking midfielder will benefit us. I would prefer if the Eriksen olsaga was sorted ASAP so that we have time to change our style of play without him.

But you want him replaced I assume to are you saying that Ndombele is his reaplcement?

But you want him replaced I assume to are you saying that Ndombele is his reaplcement?
Nope I'm not saying that at all. Where have I ever said that? Ndombele as attacking as he can be is essentially a defensive midfielder, and completely different to Eriksen. Le colso is Eriksens potential replacement, and he is a different player and style to Eriksen but both attacking.

Last edited:
Dembele barely played last season and we were noticeably worse as a team for it. Bringing in N’dombele might get us back to those heady days under Moussa when we actually controlled games and didn’t look wide open in CM. Contrary to popular opinion on here Dembele wasn’t the problem as we saw last year in his absence.
We played zombie football with and without Dembele last season and many times over the years. The problem has been no matter who we have selected as the deeper CMs they have all lacked passing vision and range.

Ndombele is a change in that. You will see, his passing ability far exceeds anything we have seen in that area since Modric left. He's not Modric but he's far closer in passing verve than we have been for years.

Trying to understand why he didn't sign a new contract. To make it easier for clubs to sign him? Who loses in that scenario? Spurs as we wouldn't get as much? Him as his wage is stuck at 2 to 3 years ago? The only winners are prospective clubs.

...and he could always have insisted on a reasonable buy-out clause... There are times when I honestly question what is between the ears of players and their agents.

Overusing him.

Again, what Poch did last season was one of the greatest jobs a manager has done in recent times, though I still wonder if the VAR had gone against us in Manchester whether we’d be Thursday nights?

Don't buy that... you could say the same thing about Hazard; and some more. Yet he always delivers, when crunch time comes, because at the end of the day (which is what the conversation was about) he is a better and more incisive player.

Nope I'm not saying that at all. Where have I ever said that? Ndombele as attacking as he can be is essentially a defensive midfielder, and completely different to Eriksen. Le colso is Eriksens potential replacement, and he is a different player and style to Eriksen but both attacking.
So if we sell him you want him replaced. That’s fine
But a different player and a new one would potentially need time and also may not for the team

There was an error in my earlier post

It is amazing how predictable fans can be sometimes. Just because he has intimated that he wants to move people are coming out of the woodwork regaling us of how ineffective he has been for us. Apart from my irritation about the quality of his corners I am not going to start slagging him off.

The bottom line is that he has been good for us and us good for him. If he wants to move I have no problem with that and I bear no grudge against him. On the other hand just because he "makes my pants sticky" I am not one who believes we can move forward with out his creativity. Poch will simply have to devise another way.

My only wish is that this saga ends, and soon.

It should have read:
On the other hand just because he "makes my pants sticky" I am not one who believes we cannot move forward without his creativity. Poch must simply devise another way.

Trying to understand why he didn't sign a new contract. To make it easier for clubs to sign him? Who loses in that scenario? Spurs as we wouldn't get as much? Him as his wage is stuck at 2 to 3 years ago? The only winners are prospective clubs.

Dude that is easy. There is only a year left so Levy cannot ask for silly money for him. Alternatively he can leave in a year and with a big sign on bonus make up for his "reduced" earnings for the past year or so. He could also easily earn £200K a week in wages

And Hazard has also not turned up at all in finals, even though he has the talent as you say. The point you are trying to make is completely invalid.

No player turns up in every final. Not even Zidane, Messi, Maradona or Drogba. But Hazard has won countless medals and has put in match winning performances and scored match winning goals in finals. Eriksen hasn’t. No one has for us so Eriksen isn’t unique there. But Hazard is a class above Eriksen.

It is amazing how predictable fans can be sometimes. Just because he has intimated that he wants to move people are coming out of the woodwork regaling us of how ineffective he has been for us. Apart from my irritation about the quality of his corners I am not going to start slagging him off.

The bottom line is that he has been good for us and us good for him. If he wants to move I have no problem with that and I bear no grudge against him. On the other hand just because he "makes my pants sticky" I am not one who believes we can move forward with out his creativity. Poch will simply have to devise another way.

My only wish is that this saga ends, and soon.

In general I do agree fans are very quick to change their opinion of players when they are about to leave or have left. See Walker and Rose as prime examples. In Eriksen’s case however there has criticism throughout his time here that he doesn’t always step up in the biggest games. Maybe a little unfair because I don’t think we have one player who has consistently stepped up when it counts which is why we have fallen short at the last hurdle.

I think he'll either sign a massive contract with us, or go late in the window. One or the other.
No chance he signs a contract. He'd be a fool to do so after he has got this far. Not that I agree with what he's doing at all but the only options available are he's sold now or goes on a free in a year to a choice of 10 clubs. He's only got to wait until Christmas until he can talk and sign a pre contract with an overseas club.

Wouldn't surprise me if his agents already had chats with clubs prior to having official chats on Jan 1st. He doesn't want to be here but he's at a win win situation. He can still play like Ramsey did and be a hero and score some vital goals and leave with a clap on his last game, or he can go now and not have to play a single match for a company he no longer wants to work for. He will be earning 4 times what he's currently earning. He's a mercenary like the majority of footballers and the sooner he's gone the better. Good riddance.

Last edited:
I still see some compering Hazard to Eriksen, its pointless as they are different types of player with different skills. :rolleyes:

Back