• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Giovani Lo Celso

I would like to know who was the genius who allowed the buy-out clause to run until 2 weeks from the deadline!

I expect that there wasnt a deadline in there in the eraly conversations on it, but we would have wanted some time in there to protect us against losing him on deadline day.

Like one or two others, I still think there is a fair chance he'll be here next season

Bidding war on what, wages?
The fee is fixed at £25m so it comes down to what they pay him

I do agree though that their aren’t teams that are bigger than us after him currently which does effect his bargaining position
Yep, wages. The earlier people show their hand, the more wiggle room this gives Toby’s dad / agent to get a better deal.

I expect that there wasnt a deadline in there in the eraly conversations on it, but we would have wanted some time in there to protect us against losing him on deadline day.

Like one or two others, I still think there is a fair chance he'll be here next season

In which case one needs to ask why did he take his position. If he had signed the contract that was offered 3 years ago he would have earned some extra 10 million in increased wages...

In which case one needs to ask why did he take his position. If he had signed the contract that was offered 3 years ago he would have earned some extra 10 million in increased wages...

It was two years ago. IIRC he was close to agreeing a new contract and then asked for more money. Poch was angry about him going back on his word and that is why he lost his first team place. Him getting back in the team could be seen as a positive step.

I think that he's likely to sign a new contract if a bigger club doesn't come in for him this summer.

£25m is a steal for a player of his quality, I am mystified that all of the major clubs aren't interested. Even if you signed him for that an moved him on next summer, you'd have a top quality experienced centre back for a season and turn a profit.
Over 30 and with an injury history. Few clubs spend big money on older players these days

£25m isn't big money now.

It would not be just 25m because with wages on a 4 year contract that would be 50m.

Only premier league clubs will spend that. Then you have the fact he gets caught out for pace a lot. My friend who is a Brighton fan could not get over how slow he is

Think he is good for next season but not much more.

Anyone choosing Cahill in that scenario is deranged- he's a much worse player than Alderweireld at this point in time and several years older
But if you are looking for a Naybet to help settle a failing team needing massive overhaul, like United - the smart money is on Cahill

Apparently Betis are close to signing Fekir from Lyon, which therefore enables Lo Celso to leave. We just need then to agree a price with Real for Eriksen and the transfer-chain would seem to be in place

Apparently Betis are close to signing Fekir from Lyon, which therefore enables Lo Celso to leave. We just need then to agree a price with Real for Eriksen and the transfer-chain would seem to be in place
Did you hear that Real are apparently putting up 5 players for sale including Bale and Isco? Isco all day. Get him in if true. I'd happily swap isco for Eriksen.

Back